Iraq - Baghdad Car bombs target shopping districts, 126 dead, July 2016

Only in the context of the last 72 hours two things:

Am I the only one that thinks this should have been covered?

Am I the only one that finds cable news going on vacation every Sat and SUnday, no matter what?

Fine your all stars are vacationing- bring in the secondary string - but to just program like nothing is going on is just off to me

am I alone in this thinking??

My thing about today is in context at least IMO(!) to the recent events (not Pulse).

Really beginning to think tomm might be something bad if this does really connect to the other two , and Ramadon etc

I'm with you but Baghdad isn't Paris.

I'm with you but Baghdad isn't Paris.

Are the last three interconnected in a meaningful way? Cause as I was learning about the restarant today, it was there has been an intense increase in this over there since Sept, and since I beleive ISIS will claim anything are dots - leading to tomm being planted (pardon the term).

There is a London, New York, San Fran promise tomm . They do this all the time. But day after day the last 3 days makes me really wonder if they are truly "going" or is it diconnected event that they are trying to connect like an opening act- if that makes sense!

Except for perhaps this incident in Ohio the other day:

US apologizes over arrest of businessman who was mistaken for a terrorist in Ohio while wearing traditional Arab robes
~ US apologized for arrest of a businessman who was mistaken for terrorist
~ Emirati national Ahmed al-Menhali was detained at gunpoint by Ohio police
~ He was wearing traditional Arab robes when mistaken for member of IS
~ Ministry of Foreign Affairs said it had summoned the US Deputy Chief of Mission Ethan Goldrich over the incident, and he apologized
~ The 41-year-old man was released once the mistake was realized but had to be hospitalized after he fainted at the scene
~ Foreign Ministry Twitter account focusing on citizens traveling abroad posted message urging its citizens to be safe by avoiding traditional dress

By VALERIE EDWARDS FOR DAILYMAIL.COM and QIN XIE FOR MAILONLINE
PUBLISHED: 17:34 EST, 3 July 2016 | UPDATED: 18:53 EST, 3 July 2016
The US has apologized for the arrest of a businessman who was mistaken for a terrorist because he was wearing traditional Arab robes while in Ohio.

Emirati national Ahmed al-Menhali was detained at gunpoint last week after he was mistakenly held as an Islamic State (IS) suspect by police at a local hotel in Ohio.

In a statement, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs said it had summoned the US Deputy Chief of Mission Ethan Goldrich over the incident, and he apologized.​

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ing-traditional-Arab-robes.html#ixzz4DOapfHDU

Story and videos.

There was an AZ one this am -- arrested

napped for a bit earleir today, and did not have good dream..................................

Are the last three interconnected in a meaningful way? Cause as I was learning about the restarant today, it was there has been an intense increase in this over there since Sept, and since I beleive ISIS will claim anything are dots - leading to tomm being planted (pardon the term).

There is a London, New York, San Fran promise tomm . They do this all the time. But day after day the last 3 days makes me really wonder if they are truly "going" or is it diconnected event that they are trying to connect like an opening act- if that makes sense!

I don't know. It makes sense what you're saying. If they pull off something big and can say the last three attacks were appetizers it makes them seem more powerful. More terrifying.

Baghdad Bombings Boost Resolve Against ISIS, White House says

The White House on Sunday condemned bombings in Baghdad that killed nearly 120 people and wounded 200, saying the attack only strengthened the United States' resolve to confront Islamic State (ISIS) militants.

"We remain united with the Iraqi people and government in our combined efforts to destroy ISIL," the White House statement said, using another acronym for ISIS.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/baghdad-bombings-boost-resolve-against-192948043.html?ref=gs

Eid al-fitr is Wednesday. Traditionally, this is a time of celebration for muslims for the end of Ramadan. But eid has been a target date for muslim extremist violence in the past. Hopefully not this year. But with the way things have gone in the past couple weeks, it's a very, very serious concern, IMO. Especially for "secular" areas where large groups of muslims go to celebrate, such as shopping malls, which are soft targets for terrorists. That includes shopping malls in places in the U.S. where there are large communities of muslims, just as we just saw in this shopping area in Iraq in this latest attack.

We do have a very serious problem with muslim extremists in a number of communities in the U.S. In my state, we have had a dozen trials and convictions for islamic terroristic activities in just the past month or so. It is absolute folly and pure denial to pretend that there is not a very, very serious problem within muslim communities here in the U.S. It's not a witch hunt.

We do have a very serious problem with muslim extremists in a number of communities in the U.S. In my state, we have had a dozen trials and convictions for islamic terroristic activities in just the past month or so. It is absolute folly and pure denial to pretend that there is not a very, very serious problem within muslim communities here in the U.S. It's not a witch hunt.

Cannot the same be said about christian communities? Are they not a very, very serious problem? There have been a large number of christian trials and convictions too. I would say that it is absolute folly to overlook those issues as well.

Not a witch-hunt:

911 call for man pledging allegiance to ISIS was misunderstanding, police say

A desk clerk called her sister to say there was man in the lobby in what she called “in full head dress with multiple disposable phones pledging his allegiance to ISIS." The clerk's father also called police.

Officers rushed to the hotel and found the man speaking Arabic just outside the front door. He was wearing a long white rob and holding a cell phone.

Police had guns drawn as they demanded he put down the phone, according to the department. Initially, he didn't comply, but eventually dropped it. He got down on the ground, where he was placed in handcuffs. No weapon was found.

http://fox8.com/2016/06/30/911-call...ance-to-isis-was-misunderstanding-police-say/

Cannot the same be said about christian communities? Are they not a very, very serious problem? There have been a large number of christian trials and convictions too. I would say that it is absolute folly to overlook those issues as well.

I disagree strenuously. The same cannot be said about christian communities. They are not a "very, very serious problem." There is not a coordinated "christian fundamentalist effort" to savagely and terroristically kill large numbers of "apostates" and non-believers.

IMO, most Americans/ westerners are unwilling to study islam deeply enough to genuinely understand it. There is 2000+ years of history there to absorb. IMO, I have a much better understanding of islam than most, because of the study I have done, the time I've spent in a number of muslim countries, and the muslims I know, and have known.

I am dismayed, deeply saddened, and angry at the rapid migration of fundamentalist islam outside of the middle east. I am heartsick and frustrated at the media efforts to persuade westerners that islam is not a threat, or that islam is a "peaceful" ideology, and that we should be "tolerant" and "welcoming". And yes, I'm scared, too-- a fear borne of complete and firsthand knowledge of what this, IMO, evil ideology is all about. I have a sick feeling in my stomach when I see women wearing niqab and burkas in the U.S., because I know all too well what that represents. I fear for my kids, for my family and friends, and for the future of our country and way of life. I know all too well what islam is all about, what it teaches, the culture, the ideology, what is valued and not valued. It's utterly and completely incompatible with western society, IMO.

Islam cannot be reformed. Reformation is antithetical to islam. Radical extremist islam is a serious, terrible, devastating problem that has been allowed to migrate to the western world, and it's a terrible problem in the middle east between sunnis and shia. Islam (especially whatever we describe as "devout" islam) in the "west" is definitely a clash of cultures and religions. Poverty and illiteracy in these communities of immigrants are secondary forces which magnify extremism.

IMO, it is not possible for "devout" fundamentalist muslims to coexist peacefully in western societies with christians, jews, buddhists, hindu, sikh, atheists, etc. Fundamentalist muslims are unable, IMO, to peacefully prosper, exercise tolerance, and assimilate in western societies. Assimilation is antithetical to their beliefs. Their very presence in a western multicultural society breeds resentment and radicalization among their young men.

IMO, WWIII will be islamic fundamentalist intolerance against western ideals, values, and morals. And IMO, we are setting ourselves up to lose. Study history to understand what's happening. Travel to predominantly islamic countries and spend some serious time there. Live in their culture for a while as a westerner, and see how you are treated, and how you live. See it for what it really is. Then tell me again why we should want any of that here.

Hi KZ!!

I don't know. It makes sense what you're saying. If they pull off something big and can say the last three attacks were appetizers it makes them seem more powerful. More terrifying.

TY Blue you stated was I was poorly attempting to say ---appetizers TY!

A couple of weeks ago was big breaking deal that NY, London, or San fran are up next. Hey they do this all the time, noted and forgotten.

And. then.the. last. three. days.

Dunno know - sadly , I suppose, by tomm morning ,we shall know............................

Suicide bomber in Saudi Arabia detonates explosive near U.S. consulate

By Merieme Arif, Laura Koran and Essam

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/04/middleeast/saudi-arabia-jeddah-bomb/index.html

noone hurt

I disagree strenuously. The same cannot be said about christian communities. They are not a "very, very serious problem." There is not a coordinated "christian fundamentalist effort" to savagely and terroristically kill large numbers of "apostates" and non-believers.

IMO, most Americans/ westerners are unwilling to study islam deeply enough to genuinely understand it. There is 2000+ years of history there to absorb. IMO, I have a much better understanding of islam than most, because of the study I have done, the time I've spent in a number of muslim countries, and the muslims I know, and have known.

I am dismayed, deeply saddened, and angry at the rapid migration of fundamentalist islam outside of the middle east. I am heartsick and frustrated at the media efforts to persuade westerners that islam is not a threat, or that islam is a "peaceful" ideology, and that we should be "tolerant" and "welcoming". And yes, I'm scared, too-- a fear borne of complete and firsthand knowledge of what this, IMO, evil ideology is all about. I have a sick feeling in my stomach when I see women wearing niqab and burkas in the U.S., because I know all too well what that represents. I fear for my kids, for my family and friends, and for the future of our country and way of life. I know all too well what islam is all about, what it teaches, the culture, the ideology, what is valued and not valued. It's utterly and completely incompatible with western society, IMO.

Islam cannot be reformed. Reformation is antithetical to islam. Radical extremist islam is a serious, terrible, devastating problem that has been allowed to migrate to the western world, and it's a terrible problem in the middle east between sunnis and shia. Islam (especially whatever we describe as "devout" islam) in the "west" is definitely a clash of cultures and religions. Poverty and illiteracy in these communities of immigrants are secondary forces which magnify extremism.

IMO, it is not possible for "devout" fundamentalist muslims to coexist peacefully in western societies with christians, jews, buddhists, hindu, sikh, atheists, etc. Fundamentalist muslims are unable, IMO, to peacefully prosper, exercise tolerance, and assimilate in western societies. Assimilation is antithetical to their beliefs. Their very presence in a western multicultural society breeds resentment and radicalization among their young men.

IMO, WWIII will be islamic fundamentalist intolerance against western ideals, values, and morals. And IMO, we are setting ourselves up to lose. Study history to understand what's happening. Travel to predominantly islamic countries and spend some serious time there. Live in their culture for a while as a westerner, and see how you are treated, and how you live. See it for what it really is. Then tell me again why we should want any of that here.

As always wonderfully written. Kinda surprised honestly. The broad strokes that you are painting here. Bolding not me !!

But lets just take it to rough numbers

[FONT=&amp]Between 27,000 and 31,000 people have traveled to Syria and Iraq to join the Islamic State and other violent extremist groups in the region, according to data provided by [/FONT]the Soufan Group.

Islam is the second largest religion in the world with over 1 billion followers. There are around 2 millions Muslims in Britain, around 2.7% of the population. The word 'Islam' in Arabic means submission to the will of God.

Although what you pointed out sounds valid, its the lumping of a whole category of folks into a single pie and claiming the entire pie is posinious.

Nothing is always, everyone, all etc etc. Ever. If you think about it it is an impoassiblity.

But what is truly scary is this fear is eroding our core essence as Americans. All this I will not let terrorists change my life - its resulting in corrosion of one of out key notions: that we welcome all.

I do not understand how these kind of feelings are not idnetical to Hitler? I would love someone to help me see any difference?

Is there a very serious problem here? Well of course. Some people are allergic to peanuts. The solution is not to eradicate peanuts from the planet. Most peanuts are good for most people.

Pls help me with the Hitler deal?

People who follow Judaism, some have done bad things.

People who follow Christianity some have done bad things.
People who follow Hinduism some have done bad things.
People who follow Buddhism some have done bad things.

What is the difference? I have not heard empassioned pleas to eradicate those groups. Why not?

Your bright - in there; there has to be the awareness of the fact , that in this country, you have a greater chance of being murdered, maimed, by a 20-29 year old , white, male, born and rasied here, and assimilated.

The chances of an assimilated family member killing you are far greater than some of the folks who were raised in the Muslim faith.

The biggest casue of death to folks traveling abroad is auto accident.

You are 35,079 times more likely to die from heart disease than from a terrorist attack– You are 33,842 times more likely to die from cancer than from a terrorist attack

obesity 5,882 to times 23,528 more likely to kill you than a terrorist.

You are far more likely to die from an American doctor in surgury (avoidable medical error) than a radical terrorist.

You are far more likley to die from prescription meds than a terrorist.

you’re 452 times more likely to die from risky sexual behavior than terrorism.

You are about equally at risk to get killed by a terrorsit as being crushed to death by your furniture...

We also need to keep in mind that ISIS claims lots of stuff , that is later determined having nothing to with ISIS. There are lots of reports out there saying this "type" of attack has prelevant - for a whole host of reasons other than ISIS grabbing blue ribbon.

The machete assualt yesterday, is actually , apparently, very prelevant way of killing people by folks who have nothing whatsoever to do with ISIS.

Do most of us beleive that serial killers are honest? How many of THEM have made up body counts that are later disproved?

It is surprsing at how the media blasts all this ISIS takes responsiblity at face value, they are violent, lying sociopaths, yet for some reason when they claim it, we believe it - that just make so no sense to me at all!!

Its identical to the car air bag people saying there air bags are safe. Would any of us beleive that?

No, so why, instantly, is every proclaimed ISIS attack, beleived to be them by self report?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...-many-foreign-fighters-are-fighting-for-isil/

http://www.globalresearch.ca/the-terrorism-statistics-every-american-needs-to-hear/5382818

Man severely injured in explosion in New York's Central Park

Just found out leg amputated - 18 year old

• Three men were walking in park when one suffered leg injury from explosion
This is what cops say:

Thus far, seems like it was a bunch of dummies , playing with fireworks ....not terrorists .

Following up I find this on CBS :

Golden was walking in the park with two friends when he stepped on a rock covering the explosive. .(what are IUDs)...the Central Park explosive may have been designed to go off at an earlier time, even a day before, but for whatever reason did not.....

So, it was planted by someone other than the victim?? Activated when stepped on in the giant park?

To me it seems as if planting bomb , in public place, and covering it with a rock, does not quite sound like a fourth of july experiment?

Any of you ever wanted to see what happens when you bury some of your fireworks in a public place?

Anyone looking for fireworks that remove limbs ?

Anyone buy fireworks not to watch but plant that expode when stepped on?

I smell something , and its not sulfer from a July 4 "sparkler" .

Tonight is about big big bucks aint it?? Do you guys think the sales at tongiht July 4 celebration might be different if the headline was:

"Buried explosive denotated in Central Park"

If any of you can come up with something about rock covered July 4 celebration items- I am all ears???

Mayor Bill de Blasio tweeted shortly after the incident, warning people to stay away from handling fireworks. My statement would be more along the lines "We want to remind citizens that planting , pressure senstitive things that go boom, and seperate body parts from citizens, no matter your religious affilation , is illigal and punished by prison time".

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/explosion-central-park-injury-leg-new-york-city/

Please stand by, I am going in the bathroom ,to pull my hair out - hold on!

Ahhhhh much better-give me a break?

Who would ever have thought that it is becoming diffiucult to keep track of which bomb is where

Back to Suadi Arabia's yesterday:

Police found three devices inside the bomber's car. A bomb disposal unit used a robot to detonate them, said a journalist who was on the scene
cnn

Cnn

Death toll rising

80 bodies thus far unrecognzable

Bomb in refriderator truck

Unrecognized car caused much concern thought it was another bomb this AM..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back