KS KS - Lori Heimer 57, murdered in her Saline County home, 25 Jun 2016

Nice article:
http://salina.com/news/local/family...cle_646f3995-402f-5bcc-87c2-37cfe18ab776.html
SALINA JOURNAL
TUESDAY, JULY 12, 2016
Family of Lori Heimer remember, look for answers
Excerpt –
On the day of her death, Lori had been invited to a friend’s house for a cookout. When she hadn’t shown up by 6:30 p.m., the friend called her house and got no answer. Lori’s body was found by a family member at about 7:50 p.m. Authorities have not released any details about the crime.
Ronald said he was driving a combine and harvesting wheat during that time.
“If there had been a good time for a (combine) breakdown, it would have been then,” he said.
What makes what happened even more shocking, Ronald said, was that his wife typically had phone conversations and exchanged emails with anyone who planned to come to the house to look at dogs, so that she would be familiar with them before they visited.
“Someone wouldn’t just come up to the door; that’s what makes the whole thing unnerving,” he said.

Yes, I read that. Really sucks. I hope LE is really taking a good look at that guy arrested for those stabbings. He seems like the most logical suspect at this time. This murder just seems to be way out in left field. Doesn't make any sense at all.

I wonder if any/all puppies were stolen when Lori was murdered.
Perhaps the mother of the goldendoodle puppies also was stolen.
Per Lori’s Poodle Patch FB, she had 15 puppies for sale, including “3 Yorkiepoo puppies, 5 poodle puppies and goldendoodle puppies.” [7 goldendoodle puppies pictured on May 19 post]
Sale value of all of those puppies would total about $20,000.

https://www.facebook.com/LorisPoodlePatch/
June 23 post – “All goldendoodle puppies are mircrochipped and 1 st puppy vaccination, wormed, and dew claws removed. Papers inculded! Will be ready around the middle of July.”
June 23 post - “I have 3 Yorkiepoo puppies, 5 poodle puppies and goldendoodle puppies available.”
June 21 reply to question of goldendoodle puppy price – “I am asking $1500 for them and they will be ready July 15th. They have dew claws docked, microchipped, puppy vaccinations and worming. They will also have papers or restration papers. Colors from dark red to blond.”
May 15 post – “I HAVE NEW GOLDENDOODLE PUPPIES! Puppies born this weekend from my red standard poodle, AKC Reggie CGC and AKC Sugar and AKC Spice.”

From the article about her murder, her husband wasn't absolutely certain how many dogs they had,but guessed around 40. A friend took her dogs, I think she raises dogs, too. I didn't realize how much the dogs were worth. Guess this wasn't a robbery, which makes it that much more terrible. Either that, or the killers got in a hurry and left w/o the animals. Too bad one of her dogs didn't take a big bite out of them!

Two things have been nagging at me this morn. One of the people described that is most likely a suspect said shoulder length brown hair, about 40, wearing glasses. The guy arrested for the stabbings pretty much fits that description. The pic from the jail didn't show a man wearing glasses, but he may only need them for reading or driving.
Also, I don't know much about poodles. What is a golden doodle? Must be a large dog, since the mom is a standard. I can't remember ever seeing a red poodle before. I'm an animal lover, but I have cats, and the dogs I've had were miniature dachshunds. I have always been partial to the little black and tans.

Two things have been nagging at me this morn. One of the people described that is most likely a suspect said shoulder length brown hair, about 40, wearing glasses. The guy arrested for the stabbings pretty much fits that description. The pic from the jail didn't show a man wearing glasses, but he may only need them for reading or driving.
Also, I don't know much about poodles. What is a golden doodle? Must be a large dog, since the mom is a standard. I can't remember ever seeing a red poodle before. I'm an animal lover, but I have cats, and the dogs I've had were miniature dachshunds. I have always been partial to the little black and tans.

(BBM)

I've never heard of a golden doodle either but I know very little about dogs!

Here's a photo.....adorable looking!

image.jpg

A Goldendoodle is a cross-breed obtained by breeding a golden retriever with a poodle. The name was coined in 1992. (Wikipedia)

That little guy is really cute. My dentist and his family were neighbors, and they had a black standard poodle. I was a kid back then, but it seems to me he was roughly the size of a German Shepherd. Although, the dog in the pic doesn't look like a puppy.

I wish LE would disclose whether puppies were stolen from Lori’s home on the day of her murder. To find Lori’s murderer, maybe LE is investigating a puppy theft ring.
It could be that murder was not the original intent of the crime. Perhaps there were two thieves posing as puppy buyers; one person to distract Lori and the other person to load the puppies in the animal cages in their pickup truck. Something went awry when stealing the extremely valuable puppies and Lori was murdered.

http://www.accesskansas.org/kbi/docs/media releases/Media Release - Heimer Death Inv 06-29-16.pdf
An older-style, small pickup truck, possibly a Chevrolet S-10, two-tone - dark blue on top and bottom with light blue in the middle, the back bumper is silver, but the tailgate is blue (like the body of the truck) and is newer or appeared to have minimal damage when compared to the body of the truck, the remainder of the vehicle is described as “beat up” and “scratched up”. There may be two animal cages or crates in the back.

http://www.care2.com/causes/5-ways-thieves-could-steal-your-dog.html
. . . any pure bred dog, particularly puppies, are considered a high-value commodity.

https://www.paws.org/get-involved/animal-cruelty/pet-theft/
The most common victims of pet theft are purebred dogs. Their pedigree has street value that can fetch thousands of dollars with little effort from or expense to the dog napper. Stolen purebred dogs, especially toys, puppies, and designer breeds such as Labradoodles, are sold for half the asking price of a dog from a legitimate breeder.

http://pets.people.com/pets/article/0,,20842682,00.html
. . . In 2013, dognappings were up 33 percent over the year before, with 609 dog thefts reported across the nation, according to 2013 statistics from the American Kennel Club. The full number could be even higher because not every theft is reported to the organization . . .
. . . It’s a crime largely driven by economic factors, with thieves often motivated by the chance to get a ransom or to resell to others . . .

He's really cute! Maybe we should meet in Salina and see if he can sniff out the killers! I don't think my cats would be much help.

No news again today.will keep checking...

Checked newspaper this eve, nothing new. Also checked Saline county SD bookings. There are three people who have 100,150,and 200,000.00 bonds for several chgs, including attempted murder, but don't seem to tie into Lori's case. There are a few men who could possibly be the older person who was described in one of the PU's the day of the murder. Pretty rough looking characters. I hope the person who gave LE descriptions is checking that website. Would hate for one or both of the suspects to be locked up and nobody knew they were possibly tied to this case. Hubby and I were talking about the forensic evidence, and he thinks Salina is a big enough place that alot of the testing could be done right there.

Crime stoppers listed Lori's case in the Salina Post today. Nothing else.

Checked Salina Post for Sunday, nothing about Lori. Did notice a pic on somebody who was arrested today who could fit the description of the younger of the two suspects.

Nothin new in today's paper. Can't believe we haven't heard something, anything, by now. I hope this case isn't following the same footsteps as the Pike county investigation.

Blah, blah, blah, blah. Need I say more? No news is NOT good news.

Well, I didn't find anything on Salina Post, but I came across a website called Scoopnest that had a blip about 3 weeks, Lori Heimer and KBI, but it may be one of those sites that you have to have FB in order to read article. I kept pushing the info button and it didn't give me the article. Hopefully somebody else can access the article and give us an update!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back