AK AK - Kevin Mitchell, 38, Anchorage, 22 Sept 2015

No officials will be participating in the search for Mitchell starting Tuesday, but family and friends say they will continue their efforts to locate 38-year-old Kevin.

Last seen wearing the shirt, jacket and cap in the photo?

Car found but no signs of Kevin.

Such a handsome young man, I hope he has not come upon foul play or suicide - his life is too precious for this. Praying for Kevin to be returned to his family.
Yes. The last outfit Kevin was wearing was reported to be blue jeans, a black fleece jacket, a gray T-shirt and a baseball cap with the word "Alaska" on it.

The Find Kevin Mitchell Facebook site appears to be gone. Hopefully that means he's been found ... alive and unharmed. Please keep an eye out for MSM articles that update the situation. Thank you.

I can still get onto the Find Kevin Mitchell FB page. Last post was 15 hours ago though. Nothing new today yet.

The site is back now :abnormal: and the update says individuals are searching again today.

Bumping for Kevin and his family. Individual searches are continuing, but no new leads have been found.

Word of warning though, the FB page made for him to help spread the word seems to have been hit by a spammer. There is a very NSFW (heck, for anywhere) picture near the top of the timeline.

There have been numerous searches and no signs of Kevin. Here is another article that could give insight to his thoughts that I hadn't seen in MSM before. Hope he is found or comes home soon on his own.

“He’s a very healthy young man and he’s been known to climb mountains like this and think nothing of it,” said Rambur. “So he could be up there somewhere, he could have rolled off a cliff, he could have broke his leg, he can’t call out — we don’t know.”

His wife, Nicole Mitchell, says their web history shows he spent hours searching remote locations on Google Maps.

“I’m not sure he really wants to be found right now,” she said.

http://www.ktva.com/man-missing-last-seen-leaving-south-anchorage-residence-326/

I look everyday for new information or any news sources about Kevin. Nothing. I checked on Davis Constructors website, as they had been updating with very detailed info up until end of September. Nothing since then. I read that there are a few private individuals that have offered to hike areas, although I haven't seen any updated info regarding the hikes. They had a good turnout for their scheduled searches, but no signs of Kevin. How very sad for his wife and children, especially to go missing on the eve of an anniversary.

I've no more news about Kevin anywhere. just hoping he planned to spend the winter in the wilds somewhere and has good supplies and shelter. Until we hear something otherwise there's always hope. I hope . . .

Wanted to bump for Kevin. No updates basically since the end of September. This one has stuck with me because he has two young daughters at home and they must be missing their dad. Praying for their family.

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all those who follow Kevin's thread. There are two little girls who must be missing their dad this Christmas. Here's hoping the new year will bring answers that will lead to his location.

Peace and joy to all.

Just bumping to see if anyone has heard anything. We all have those cases that haunt us, and this is one for me. I feel badly for his little daughters. It's cold and vast out in the Alaska wilderness. I check on news frequently.

Now in NamUs: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Thumbnail

• mitchell_kevin.jpg
    mitchell_kevin3.jpg
    mitchell_kevin4.jpg
    mitchell_kevin6.jpg
    mitchell_kevin9.jpg
Mitchell, circa 2015
  • Missing Since 09/22/2015
  • Missing From Anchorage, Alaska
  • Classification Lost/Injured Missing
  • Sex Male
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 02/21/1977 (46)
  • Age 38 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'6, 170 pounds

• Clothing/Jewelry Description Possibly a black fleece jacket, a gray t-shirt, blue jeans and a baseball cap with the word "Alaska" on it.

• Associated Vehicle(s) Gray 2012 Toyota Tundra pickup truck with the Alaska license plate number GJA696 (accounted for)

• Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Brown hair, blue eyes.

Details of Disappearance​

Mitchell was last seen leaving his residence in the area of Birch Road and O'Malley Road in Anchorage, Alaska at 11:30 a.m. on September 22, 2015. He was driving a gray 2012 Toyota Tundra pickup truck with the Alaska license plate number GJA696. He left his lunch, his wallet, and his identification and credit cards behind and has never been heard from again.

Several days after Mitchell's disappearance, his truck was found at a lake south of Girdwood, Alaska, nearly mile marker 87.5 of the Seward Highway. There was no sign of Mitchell and an extensive search of the surrounding terrain, described as "steep and treacherous", turned up no sign of him.

Mitchell's family eventually concluded he had died of exposure shortly after his disappearance. He left behind two young children. His remains have never been found.

Investigating Agency​

• Anchorage Police Department 907-786-8900

Source Information​

Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated October 21, 2022; casefile added.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993
Back