Found Safe AL - Myra 'Alissia' Freeman, 17, Highland Home, 13 Dec 2015

Whoever is the admin on that page needs to stop, it's a hot mess. Someone posted another rumor that M was pregnant and the admin blasted a response and yelled to stop spreading rumors! RUMORS! That's a tip you morons!

What's with all of these hot mess Facebook pages? It's really awful, too much chatter and not enough facts.

The latest Facebook post (March 17) on her FBM page makes it seem like her parents think she simply ran away.

Russian scammers target Alabama woman searching for missing teen daughter
missing-highland-mobile-girlpng-2a668828ceacc924.png

Vickie Metcalf was certain she would hear from her missing daughter, Myra Alissia Freeman, on Feb. 17, the girl's 18th birthday.
That call never came.
http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2016/03/russian_scammers_target_alabam.html

3 things bothering me, let's see if WSers feel the same.

1. Thought there was something on nat'l media, recently, that computers can not be wiped clean...

2. This girl did not leave on her own without her personal items. jmo

3. She looks similar to Ebby Steppach, about same age, wt.,height, length of hair and color. They both left all personal things behind. Gone, roughly 2 months apart from southern states.

3 things bothering me, let's see if WSers feel the same.

1. Thought there was something on nat'l media, recently, that computers can not be wiped clean...

2. This girl did not leave on her own without her personal items. jmo

3. She looks similar to Ebby Steppach, about same age, wt.,height, length of hair and color. They both left all personal things behind. Gone, roughly 2 months apart from southern states.

Ebby's thread: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-Ebby-Steppach-18-Little-Rock-24-October-2015

Computers can be wiped clean or sanitized making it essentially impossible to recover data remnants. A person would have to know how to perform this procedure (Current guidelines - NIST SP 800-88, previous guidelines - DoD 5220.22-M) and they would also need to wipe the RAM or DRAM in the new computers. Instructions and software are available on the internet.

That said, I doubt Myra would have known to do this and most likely just reformatted the hard drive. It should still contain some data.

http://www.wtvm.com/story/32010356/a-click-away-from-danger-al-teens-lured-offline-one-still-missing

A Crenshaw County couple is desperate for clues in the search for their teenage daughter who met someone on a popular app and vanished.

Sadly, other Alabama families know what they’re going through. In recent months, several teens went missing after meeting up with strangers they connected with on social media.

Most of the girls have been located, but Myra “Alissia” Freeman, 18, hasn't been seen or heard from in five months after leaving her house in Highland Home.

The mother of a Highland Home teenager, who has been missing for more than seven months, is calling on the CEO of a popular chat app to release information that could help locate her daughter.

Vickie Metcalf, whose daughter, Alissia Freeman, vanished last December, says the investigation into her disappearance has stalled as authorities wait for information about who the girl was corresponding with through the app, Kik.
http://www.fox10tv.com/story/324054...alabama-teen-petitions-ceo-of-app-for-records

An online petition in this arena will not do much. The tech companies are extremely wise to privacy protection. It's going to take a subpoena. No subpoena, no info :(

Computers can be wiped clean or sanitized making it essentially impossible to recover data remnants. A person would have to know how to perform this procedure (Current guidelines - NIST SP 800-88, previous guidelines - DoD 5220.22-M) and they would also need to wipe the RAM or DRAM in the new computers. Instructions and software are available on the internet.

That said, I doubt Myra would have known to do this and most likely just reformatted the hard drive. It should still contain some data.

I doubt it too, that she would possibly have an idea how to do this, on her own. I can't even figure these things out. I am going out on a limb here, and saying it was probably a serial stalker/internet predator - who got ahold of this vulnerable teenager, and he is the one who gave her explicit instructions. The internet seems to be a serious new tool available to all, and that includes the nefarious pedophiles and predators. Makes their work a lot easier.

Saying all this and how I feel, of course I hope she is still alive and well, but each day that goes by, each week, each month becomes less likely.

An online petition in this arena will not do much. The tech companies are extremely wise to privacy protection. It's going to take a subpoena. No subpoena, no info :(

How many young teenage girls will need to go missing until this company is forced to turn over those records to Law Enforcement personnel. Its not like giving it to the Media or TV people, it's the cops! And they are looking for a missing teenager. (or two or more)

Interesting they said on Nancy Grace last night that she had 3 cell phones, but the mother only knew about one. She took 2 of them with her. I had never heard that her sister said she came back from taking out the trash and then left.

Just came across the Nancy Grace video on Facebook.
Personally I think she left of her own accord (some comments on the video I seen said she had told each family member she loved them before taking out the trash is that correct?) if that is,to me it definitely says the trash was just an excuse for her to leave on her own. Whoever she met up with or wherever she went is where things went wrong imo

Of course i hope she's found safe and well but I'm just not having a great feeling about this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alright, I don't know if I'm doing this right, please be patient with me.. Mom, Step Dad and Aunt run the Facebook page. Nothing on the ("hotmess" I think is what it was called on here) has been deleted, hidden from general public but, not deleted. Per le's request... The garbage was in fact, just garbage... Hard drive was wiped clean, maybe with a scrambler or such (not sure)... Was 3 cell phones, mom knew about 1, and only 1... Neighbor says they seen her walking, not sure exactly if it was her... Home schooled by choice because of bullies in public school... Town is roughly 28-30 miles to basically anything (Walmart/stores/malls/interstate)... The petition is getting pretty far (btw)... Fbi has been involved since, week 1... Not all information is immediate or available to family or public, I understand hindering and all but it makes it difficult to just sit and wait for answers.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah
Back