LA - Baton Rouge. 3 officers killed/3 wounded, 17 July 2016

One officer, named Brad, was 45 years old and the married father of 4 young children. They were to leave for a family summer vacation today. Instead, they are making funeral arrangements.

One officer, named Montreil, was 29 years old, married and he and his wife just welcomed their fist baby, a boy, into the world 4 months ago.

What did these men do to deserve this? They responded to calls for help from a citizen, just like you or me, whom they swore to serve and to protect.

I am so sick I could vomit.

Makes sense. The thing I don't get is that he is definitely an ego maniac. Did he think he would live and no ome would associate the crime with a guy from MO? Was he going to send out a communique of his great deed?

I can't believe that he did not want some kind of credit. He thinks he is so enlightened.

i think he was well aware of what his fate would be that day, he saw what the dallas shooter did and decided to go out the same way. it fits perfectly will everything he had been saying recently.

One officer, named Brad, was 45 years old and the married father of 4 young children. They were to leave for a family summer vacation today. Instead, they are making funeral arrangements.

One officer, named Montreil, was 29 years old, married and he and his wife just welcomed their fist baby, a boy, into the world 4 months ago.

What did these men do to deserve this? They responded to calls for help from a citizen, just like you or me, whom they swore to serve and to protect.

I am so sick I could vomit.
Heartbreaking.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Actually five years serving as a Marine is odd to me. When Marines enlist they usually sign up for a 2-4-or 6 year stint. I have never seen a Marine who signed up to serve five years. And if they re-up it is usually for two years or more. An odd number of years like 5 seems very odd to me. Did he ask out for some reason and they gave him an honorable discharge. Even the other cop killer was given an honorable discharge yet he was accused of sexual harassment where the young female had a RO against him.

I think the other guy got a general discharge?

Makes sense. The thing I don't get is that he is definitely an ego maniac. Did he think he would live and no ome would associate the crime with a guy from MO? Was he going to send out a communique of his great deed?

I can't believe that he did not want some kind of credit. He thinks he is so enlightened.

I wonder if he looked at this as some kind of martyrdom. Perhaps he thought this martyrdom would bring attention to his videos and "writings" and people would finally recognize how "great" he truly was. ????

Gavin Long was in Baton Rouge for at least a few day before shooting six law enforcement officers outside a convenience store located near the Baton Rouge Police Department headquarters, according to Col. Mike Edmonson, Louisiana State Police Superintendent.

Edmonson said Long talked to people in Baton Rouge in the days before he started shooting at officers on Sunday morning, but provided few details about how he might have interacted with people.

Authorities have already interviewed some people who spoke with Long, but want to find more who had contact with him. The shooter was specifically targeting police officers, according to state police.

State police are not ready to say Long acted alone in shooting the officers. But the people who talked to Long -- and have already been interviewed by law enforcement about their conversations -- weren't necessarily involved in the shooting of police officers, according to Edmonson.
http://www.nola.com/politics/index.ssf/2016/07/gavin_long_was_in_baton_rouge.html

These remarks by Edmonson were made today.

I think the other guy got a general discharge?

I thought I read in the end he was honorably discharged but you may be right.

The five year stint by this murderer still seems odd to me but that's jmo.

i think he was well aware of what his fate would be that day, he saw what the dallas shooter did and decided to go out the same way. it fits perfectly will everything he had been saying recently.

Why wear a mask?

Baton Rouge Police Ambush: Cop Killer Didn't Make 911 Call

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/ba...ice-ambush-cop-killer-didn-t-make-911-n611366

Long was also apparently in Dallas after five officers were shot and killed there last week, according to a video posted on a Twitter account that a senior law enforcement official said belonged to the suspect. The video, posted on July 10 — three days after the attack in that city — was titled: "My body-cam footage of me in Dallas out in them streets educating our people."

[video=twitter;755099533034618881]https://twitter.com/arothfield/status/755099533034618881[/video]

Why wear a mask?

it fit his agenda where he was acting as a revolutionary?

he had an image of a masked man on his wall i think?

we can only guess, maybe he thought he might be able to flee that scene and engage officers again somewhere else idk

but from reviewing all his videos and entire twitter account, my arm chair opinion is that he made a decision to "go out" like the dallas shooter did

i am interested to hear where his car was found

RB not BR! Aha!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Hmmmmm..... I can't help but wonder if the Dallas shooter meant to write BR but accidentally wrote RB. I mean, he was shot at that time and perhaps his actions and thoughts weren't exactly clear. I mean, RB doesn't make sense to anyone (that I have I heard), but BR could easily mean Baton Rouge.

IDK. Never really thought about it until just now.

Why wear a mask?

Because he knew someone would call 911 if he had a mask on. He plotted the execution of LE. Some reporters (live TV) have suggested that the killer was the one to call 911. He wanted to draw out LE to slaughter them. JMO

Why wear a mask?

Just thinking aloud here....

Maybe he wore a mask in case he wasn't shot, then he could continue with his violent mission against LE, unidentified, as the masked vigilante?

Or, maybe, in case nothing happened with the cops that morning (they showed up because a witness called, which the shooter couldn't know for sure would happen). If no shoot out occurred, maybe he wanted to continue hanging out in BR without being identified as the person with a gun.

Just guessing. I'm thinking the mask was a contingency plan in case he wasn't killed by the cops.

jmo

Today.
Louisiana Governor John Bel Edwards will hold a 2 p.m. news conference to give an update on the shooting in Baton Rouge that killed three law enforcement officers.

The briefing is set for 2 p.m. at the Governor's Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness (GOHSEP), located at 7667 Independence Boulevard. Local and state officials are expected to speak.

KTAL NBC 6 will air the briefing live.

Click here to watch the briefing online.
http://www.arklatexhomepage.com/new...erence-to-give-update-on-baton-rouge-shooting

The press conference will be carried live by a number of media outlets.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back