MISTRIAL - Sidney Moorer trial for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 24 June 2016 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if Truslow intends to ask for a change of venue.

I would think that he would be doing that by now or at least soon. But I suppose it's not a given that the court will agree.

I can't tell you how nice it has been that the Moorer's have finally been silenced in Social Median. I tried not to read it but with everyone referring to it constantly, it is hard to ignore. Thank you to the prosecutors for finally scaring their mouths shut. Knock on wood.

I'm actually kind of missing their rants, especially TM's. Well, who am I kidding? Pretty sure she posted as SM as well. But yeah, it was kind of entertaining to read her drunken blabbings and watch her incriminate herself even further.

I kind of think that if they thought enough to turn of Sid's phone and the black box/GPS in the truck, then they probably would have done the same for the Mrs. phone ... Plus, it would be really funny to have them say she wasn't present, though Sid said she was in the truck and rode to the payphone too ... I bet TM is just itching to spout out more nonsense on social media, but I feel they may have been advised not to ..

Well you know, there's that little contempt of court charge,looming in September. It behooves them to zip it, and may I say its bout time!

Wouldn't the indecent exposure charges indicate that TM was out that night with SM? Not sure if timing is right.

Wasnt Heather's car left at PTL facing the water? If I were meeting someone, I would definitely not park in that direction. I would want to be facing the entrance to see if SM was coming and also to see if anyone else was coming in for safety reasons. I think maybe someone else put her car there.

Wasnt Heather's car left at PTL facing the water? If I were meeting someone, I would definitely not park in that direction. I would want to be facing the entrance to see if SM was coming and also to see if anyone else was coming in for safety reasons. I think maybe someone else put her car there.

I believe you are correct about her car placement, but I've also been wondering where the car located at the landing. I believe " going back on memory" the officer that first found her car around 4am, stated that it was parked in an unusually location, something on the lines of " it wasn't parked where most people would park", again I'm trying to go from memory. But I agree with what you are saying, I'd park in a position so I could see the entrance as well. It would be spooky down there that late into the night for myself ( being a male).

I agree, but the prosecution said just the opposite.....that she pulled in and parked that way because she was meeting someone she knew and felt safe with.

I agree, but the prosecution said just the opposite.....that she pulled in and parked that way because she was meeting someone she knew and felt safe with.
I agree with the prosecution and will add that many of us who grew up here feel drawn to the water. If I pull into a beach access or boat landing at night, I always face the water. It puts me at peace. If I was meeting someone I trusted, it wouldn't cross my mind to face any other direction.

That aside, if I were in her shoes at PTL and felt any sense of paranoia, it wouldn't matter which direction I faced. No matter what, there could be a point of approach from all directions. Besides driving in to the landing, someone could creep up on a boat with the motor off, they could come from the woods, or they could come from the row of trailers on top of the embankment. I wouldn't want to turn my back to any of those directions if I didn't trust the situation. JMO.

If I was waiting for someone, I'd face the entrance. If I was just leaving a car, I'd drive straight in and park it. I think it depends on the driver. Everyone is different.

Wouldn't the indecent exposure charges indicate that TM was out that night with SM? Not sure if timing is right.

I don't know the timing either. The IE charges were dropped. I assume that they had no proof on the events and the timing? Also, if I am not mistaken, the charges stemmed from SM telling LE that they were having relations in the two different locations? I can't speak for everyone, but the charges and the validity of them when being discussed here on WS have been very confusing.

Possible date set for retrial of Sidney Moorer in Heather Elvis case :D

http://wpde.com/news/local/possible-trial-date-set-for-sidney-moorers-retrial

SM will be retried on or about Aug. 29 to Sept. 9 at the Horry County Courthouse in Conway.

SM also has a hearing set for Sept. 6 to decide whether he violated the gag order on the second day of the trial by speaking with a news media outlet.

Read more here: http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/news/local/crime/article89563342.html#storylink=cpy

If I was waiting for someone, I'd face the entrance. If I was just leaving a car, I'd drive straight in and park it. I think it depends on the driver. Everyone is different.

I agree, if I was waiting for someone, I'd park facing the entrance. If someone was already there waiting for me, I'd pull alongside, with my drivers side window lining up with theirs, so we could talk without getting out of the car.

Are other Sleuthers able to see that slideshow? I get a popup block on that site saying that site costs $99.99 a year now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cellophane