Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
You aren't kidding about breaking down! That would be scary!

I wouldn't want to break down there either lowes123. I used to drive thru there from Wilmington to Charleston when mr. wm was working down there. Prolly about 5/6 years ago but I stopped in a quick mart during the day to use the restroom and had a real uneasy feeling for some reason. It's especially spooky at night, IMO.

I agree! After a long absence from WS.....I am so grateful to come back here and find so much new information and new contributors to Brittanee's case! Kudos to you all!

Welcome home MBLover!

I wouldn't want to break down there either lowes123. I used to drive thru there from Wilmington to Charleston when mr. wm was working down there. Prolly about 5/6 years ago but I stopped in a quick mart during the day to use the restroom and had a real uneasy feeling for some reason. It's especially spooky at night, IMO.
Who is mr wm? I've never been to Mcclellanville, but I have been to some seedy areas in MB. Wilmington has some rough areas too, I guess every place has some places they need to stay away from. Scary though to think you would put blind faith in someone to tow your car and could wind up dead!

Who is mr wm? I've never been to Mcclellanville, but I have been to some seedy areas in MB. Wilmington has some rough areas too, I guess every place has some places they need to stay away from. Scary though to think you would put blind faith in someone to tow your car and could wind up dead!

I think she means her husband! We call her wm here so that's the only thing I can think of :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/community/beaufort-news/article90517452.html

Confused woman showed up at the Port Royal Hardee’s on Monday

She later told police she does not know who she is

The woman gave investigators several names and birthdays, police say

Read more here: http://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/community/beaufort-news/article90517452.html#storylink=cpy

I'm about to create a thread for this girl. I am not saying it's Brittanee, but I see some resemblance. Hopefully they identify her.

FYI Beaufort is about 3 hours south of Myrtle Beach. It's pretty much a straight shot down rt 17 or even down 95.

CD82, just wondering if you opened a thread for this. If you haven't please let me know and I will open one. Thanks :)

http://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/community/beaufort-news/article90721777.html

I was wondering if there was a lot of construction in 2009 when she was there? Could that have maybe made it easier for someone to grab her? I've followed her case since the beginning and it's always kind of blown my mind how she disappeared. I had always been under the assumption that she willingly got into a car because I couldn't understand how someone could just grab her in such a populated area. We were literally shoulder to shoulder in some places. However, maybe the construction made it less populated and easier for it to be a crime of opportunity.

Spring 2010 MB pix I do have a pic of the Boardwalk still in progress. I was staying at the Holiday Sands which is almost 2 blocks before (north to south) the 2nd Ave Pier. At this time the construction hadn't even neared the 2nd Ave. Pier. The hotel where Britt was staying is about a block, block and a half, (south) below the 2nd Ave Pier.
I may be wrong (haven't been to MB for 3 years), but believe the boardwalk only extends (now) to the 2nd Ave. Pier. There would have been no boardwalk construction from (or even near the area) of the Bar Harbor down to Bluewater. Now were there other construction projects? Yes, if memory serves me correctly there was hotel construction in various places, but I cannot remember the exact locations.

When I was there for one of Brittanee's vigils (spring 2010), I noted quite a few places that would have made hiding and taking someone easily - especially after dark. If facing the Bluewater just to the left of the hotel was an area that had an obscured parking area due to bushes/foliage. Not far from this, (going back north) was a public beach access with public parking. That lot was also obscured by bushes/foliage. Also coming back (north - the way Brittanee would have been walking after leaving the Bluewater), there was a parking garage that abutted the sidewalk/street. It made me nervous walking by it. I can't remember which hotel though.

I agree! After a long absence from WS.....I am so grateful to come back here and find so much new information and new contributors to Brittanee's case! Kudos to you all!

MBLover I can't tell you how much seeing your kalediscope icon made me smile tonight! You have been sorely missed in this thread and so glad you are back!!!

Thank you so much Roc & WM! Much appreciated!

Welcome back MB :)

Spring 2010 MB pix I do have a pic of the Boardwalk still in progress. I was staying at the Holiday Sands which is almost 2 blocks before (north to south) the 2nd Ave Pier. At this time the construction hadn't even neared the 2nd Ave. Pier. The hotel where Britt was staying is about a block, block and a half, (south) below the 2nd Ave Pier.
I may be wrong (haven't been to MB for 3 years), but believe the boardwalk only extends (now) to the 2nd Ave. Pier. There would have been no boardwalk construction from (or even near the area) of the Bar Harbor down to Bluewater. Now were there other construction projects? Yes, if memory serves me correctly there was hotel construction in various places, but I cannot remember the exact locations.

When I was there for one of Brittanee's vigils (spring 2010), I noted quite a few places that would have made hiding and taking someone easily - especially after dark. If facing the Bluewater just to the left of the hotel was an area that had an obscured parking area due to bushes/foliage. Not far from this, (going back north) was a public beach access with public parking. That lot was also obscured by bushes/foliage. Also coming back (north - the way Brittanee would have been walking after leaving the Bluewater), there was a parking garage that abutted the sidewalk/street. It made me nervous walking by it. I can't remember which hotel though.

The boardwalk officially opened May, 2010. It extends from the 14th street pier down to the 2nd street pier. It's a little over a mile long. It runs behind the hotels and then you have the strip of shops in the front part of the hotels that extend farther than the actual boardwalk. I read where it was a $6m construction project so I'm assuming there was quite a bit of construction during the time, especially since it was a little over a year from being finished when she disappeared. It just makes me wonder if maybe there was less foot traffic in some areas due to the construction because it seems like it was a pretty big project.

The boardwalk officially opened May, 2010. It extends from the 14th street pier down to the 2nd street pier. It's a little over a mile long. It runs behind the hotels and then you have the strip of shops in the front part of the hotels that extend farther than the actual boardwalk. I read where it was a $6m construction project so I'm assuming there was quite a bit of construction during the time, especially since it was a little over a year from being finished when she disappeared. It just makes me wonder if maybe there was less foot traffic in some areas due to the construction because it seems like it was a pretty big project.

The boardwalk doesn't extend down that far, at least as far as Brittanee was last seen. However, the old mom & pop motels are on their way out. I can remember back in '09 several closed motels - and vacant or supposed to be vacant parking garages right on Ocean Blvd. Plenty of opportunity for a predator to hide and sit in wait for a girl like her.

I hope this is ok to put it up on here ..Iam just doing it to show just how messed up this story is...It happend about a hour and a half from me.....

Police said a flat-bed truck pulled up alongside the woman and she was “aggressively” lifted into the cab of the truck before her walker was thrown into the truck bed.

The truck was last seen driving northbound on Spencer Avenue and police said the woman was heard screaming as it drove away, but have no further description of the vehicle

I mean WTF who in the hell kidnaps a senior citizan with a walker..?

I hope this is ok to put it up on here ..Iam just doing it to show just how messed up this story is...It happend about a hour and a half from me.....

Police said a flat-bed truck pulled up alongside the woman and she was “aggressively” lifted into the cab of the truck before her walker was thrown into the truck bed.

The truck was last seen driving northbound on Spencer Avenue and police said the woman was heard screaming as it drove away, but have no further description of the vehicle

:( ....

O/T, but I swear I was on the Boardwalk in MB around 2000. Unless I'm having a total brainfart...just saw this post and responding to the 2010 part, but will go back and read.

Interesting info about the towing company. What follows is a true story of my own, when I lived in Columbia, SC, from '07 to '10.

I moved to Columbia in Sept. of '07. Immediately immersed myself into the 'scene', making friends and whatnot. I'd brought my beloved classic car with me, and as luck would have it, the car was stolen a month after moving to Columbia.

<mod snip> Long story short, I found my car, based off of a tip from a young guy working the counter at the auto parts store the car was stolen from. I cautiously went about looking for it based off the tip, and found it less than 3/8 of a mile from where it had been stolen. I contacted LE, and before you know it, Pandora's Box had been opened.

The creep literally hooked a chain around the rear axle, and dragged the car on to the flatbed, according to LE. I'd suspected an assistant manager at the parts store was involved, too, and sure enough LE confirmed just that. This crew, and they were older middle-aged and elderly guys, were snatching vehicles to be chopped up, or sold in whole to drug dealers and other unsavory types.

There are scammers like this in a lot of places in the States these days, but SC seems to have a lot of them.

I was able to track down who owned the property where I found my vehicle, and sure enough they had an auto repair business connected with the flat bed one. The repair shop was a front for the whole operation

My hunch is this Taylor guy has used his flat bed business as a front for some pretty shady stuff, which is one of the reasons why he tries to keep a low profile on SM.

mr. wm = Mr. waltzingmatilda. :D Wilmington definately has some rough areas. I used to teach 5th graders from the downtown rough areas but retired early due to health issues. Forward 8 years, two have been shot dead downtown (separate shootings) Two are in prison, one for raping and robbing two women downtown, and another for shooting a man dead who was sitting on his front porch. The gangs would give the boys cell phones to stand lookout and give the all clear for a drug deal to go down. Very sad sad that kids are introduced to the drug culture at such and early age.

Sorry for the OT.

That's terrible CanManEh! You know, I think predators spot their prey who is in a vulerable position and act quickly. This poor lady was a senior and the SOB probably took all of her SS money. Mickey Schunick was biking home at 1 ish in the morning and the dude who killed her followed, hit her with his truck, threw her in the cab and her bike in the back. I think Britt's abduction was prolly the same, the opportunity was there, she was alone and vulnerable, the van pulled up beside her, she was grabbed and the driver took off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa