TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
First, I'll state that I'm not convinced Missy was shot, but it is a real possibility.

I don't believe they are misrepresenting anything in the search warrants. I agree that the terminology "puncture wounds" in no way indicates use of a firearm. No police officer would call a gunshot wound a puncture wound. Those who think so might be confusing the term with "penetrating" or "perforating" which are terms used to describe a gunshot wound -- the former to describe those with only an entrance wound and the latter to describe a wound with both entrance and exit.

The fact is that police have never stated nor confirmed that those puncture wounds were the cause of death nor that they were the only wounds on Missy's body. The absence of an explicit statement does not necessarily mean that there was no gunshot wound.

You are correct that there was no firearm visible on the suspect. Therefore what point would there have been to disclose a gunshot wound at that point if it cannot link Missy's murder to the suspect? The purpose of disclosing her puncture wounds was to link them to the tools he/she was seen carrying.

The use of a firearm is speculation, but it is not baseless speculation. The inclusion of a firearm serial number in investigative documents and the use of an ATF K9, trained to detect ammunition components and explosives, to search the crime scene inside and out (including along the highway) are the basis for that speculation. It would seem one logical conclusion is that police had reason to believe a firearm was used at the scene of the crime.

I don't know why the killer would shoot Missy in addition to attacking her with a weapon or weapons that caused puncture wounds. Not knowing why doesn't negate the possibility that he did.
Did MPD say they didn't want the serial # published in case someone should say their gun with #xxxx had been stolen, thereby giving them a defense?

Is it possible CT had an affair with BB? Instead of the other way around?
0.0001% chance.
1. BB was pretty seriously and continuously physicallly ill in the months leading up to the date.
2. CT was pregnant and delivered her 4rth child the previous year.
3. CT quit her corporate job to essentially back up and support growing AJ's business (the MK business is more of a sidelight). She essentially staked their family's future on him.
4. From all local's accounts, CT was/is madly "in love" with AJ and has been for many years.
5. No mention of this possibility anywhere in town.

Just my opinion, but deffinently no gun.

As for the ATF. You have to put yourself in LE's shoes for a moment. With the state of the world being what it is today, ie. terrorist attacks at home and abroad being carried out on a regular basis, a suspect in swat gear, carrying an unidentified object that could easily be a bomb, in a church where a lot of people congrigate, and not knowing if MB was an intended target or just at the wrong place at the wrong time. I am perplexed that so many would read so much into the FBI, ATF, etc. being brought in. Keep in mind that at this point in the investigation, they are still gathering information and have not even had time to formulate a motive. In the bigger picture, terrorist acts are on the minds of LE daily. It is being taught to them, how to recognize, or look out for the signs, its in the news. Its unfortunate, but this is the reality we live in today. It is becoming routine to cover your basis. I think this is all they were doing. I think to read anything other than that into it is a great leap. If anyones next question is why did LE not mention that, then I'll save you the time. They would not want to panic the public for no reason.

RBBM

Are you suggesting terrorist with Missy Bevers case because of the Perpetrator gear? From my understanding the LE did not see anyone until the camera was viewed, so I'm confused.

And given the local press statement LE stated the public was in no harm. If my memory is correct it was said to report if you seen anything suspicious.
Also the crime scene was completed around noon, which I thought was odd, fast and furious lol

The "major recent attacks on LE" occurred after MB was murdered

Unless things have changed MPD had a post on their website that the public was not in danger(paraphrasing). I think it's against TOS to link FB page

Thanks

All JMHO 🐮

RBBM

Are you suggesting terrorist with Missy Bevers case because of the Perpetrator gear? From my understanding the LE did not see anyone until the camera was viewed, so I'm confused.

And given the local press statement LE stated the public was in no harm. If my memory is correct it was said to report if you seen anything suspicious.
Also the crime scene was completed around noon, which I thought was odd, fast and furious lol

The "major recent attacks on LE" occurred after MB was murdered

Unless things have changed MPD had a post on their website that the public was not in danger(paraphrasing). I think it's against TOS to link FB page

Thanks

All JMHO 🐮
The part that doesn't make sense to me is, you can't both say you have no suspects or motive, but at the same time the public is in no danger. They're mutually exclusive. So, they must have an idea...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I agree with the what you think the spouse would feel, but I also think someone else who loves BB may have been angered to see him betrayed and humiliated and decided to make sure Missy paid for her sins. I also think it's possible that the person may have done it without BB knowing, but if he didn't know before I think he quickly figured it out (hence the "I can forgive you but you have to confess" line).

When you consider that the murder happened when BB was out of town, and away from the home so the daughters didn't discover her, and BB implying that his forgiveness would matter enough for someone to confess to murder...and then think about how BB's mom has made sure to remind everyone how imperfect Missy was at every opportunity...to me it points to someone close to the family being the perpetrator.

So, if I'm understanding you correctly, you think a 60+ year old grandma jimmied off that door handle and murdered MB? Or are you thinking more in terms of a hired hit?

Did MPD say they didn't want the serial # published in case someone should say their gun with #xxxx had been stolen, thereby giving them a defense?

Their words in sworn affidavit:
"In this instance, the responsive information contains a serial number of a firearm which the City seeks to withhold under Section 552.108(b)(1). Release of this serial number could interfere with law enforcement by divulging a firearm serial number that could be used on illegal firearms or be falsely used in a missing weapons report."

I think they thought the b&e scenario would save them and they wanted us all to believe it was gone wrong and away from a murderer POI.

SteveS said:
If the assumption (or thesis) is that MB was shot, that serial number would NOT likely be from perp's firearm used in shooting MB. LE very likely has already determined the identity of the registered owner using the SN, and if it was a murder weapon he'd be in jail awaiting a capital murder trial.

All firearms have serial numbers. Not all are registered. And not all that are registered remain in the possession of the registered owner.

In relation to the thesis that this particular gun was not possessed by LE at the time of the SW, then how would that serial number come into LE's possession to be used in the SW, without its ownership ever having been registered or known?

Yes, they could. It appears that the firearm in question is not registered to an owner.
If firearms are destroyed by LE as prior evidence of crimes, are they still officially registered?

In relation to the thesis that this particular gun was not possessed by LE at the time of the SW, then how would that serial number come into LE's possession to be used in the SW, without its ownership ever having been registered or known?
Stolen weapon previously identified and in the database. Bullets and/or casings matched to weapon, owner not registered?

The part that doesn't make sense to me is, you can't both say you have no suspects or motive, but at the same time the public is in no danger. They're mutually exclusive. So, they must have an idea...

Agreed 😊

But I was referring to CHUCKJ's post

JMO 🐮

Agreed 😊

But I was referring to CHUCKJ's post

JMO 🐮
And I wasn't directly meaning you, I don't know why I worded it "you". It meant "a person". :)

So, if I'm understanding you correctly, you think a 60+ year old grandma jimmied off that door handle and murdered MB? Or are you thinking more in terms of a hired hit?

PIM where you been? Good to see you back

Hey a 60 year old grandmother can do just about anything these days, remember Granny Clampett? 😳

Thanks

JMO 🐮

It is just so odd to me that RB would continue on his vacation after his daughter-in-law and mother of his grandchildren had been slaughtered. I would think that he would be so upset and be there to help and to comfort BB and his daughters, seems so cold!!!

Stolen weapon previously identified and in the database. Bullets and/or casings matched to weapon, owner not registered?

The idea that it might later be reported as stolen, I can't imagine that's in play with a gun whose owner stole it in the first place. And I would think there would be a very limited universe of guns in which LE would have the ability to match bullet/casing to a SN, and that such a situation would yield lots of info about the ownership of the gun.

Or, they have the gun in hand, and the SN on SW is due to some completely different situation than is being theorized.

Fascinating observations! Could not agree with you more!!! All JMO. Another quote that I find puzzling and "uncommon" is during one of the press conferences where he states "it will eat away at you like cancer" I am paraphrasing but that comment always stuck with me as some kind of message.

IIRC BB also had posted that one of the kids had inadvertently posted using his phone, something possibly romantic not directed at MB. Am I remembering correctly? JMOO

I have heard that there is 30 minutes of video, and we have only seen 2 minutes of that. I believe they can't and won't show more video because, A. The murder is clearly visible and B. Because it shows multiple (at least 3 perps) on the video interacting. IMO

The majority of the video is probably campers entering church and finding her, that chaos plus EMS andLE showing up and declaring her deceased. JMO

On the premise that a firearm was discharged at the crime scene:

If the firearm had previously been in police custody, it should have been test-fired for firearm analysis to determine if it had been used in any other crimes. Therefore that firearm, its SN, and photographs of all markings made by that firearm on test-fired bullets and cartridge cases would be in the database.

Firearms in police custody in Ellis County have been reported stolen. IIRC, at least one is still unaccounted for.

If a firearm was discharged at the crime scene, police or the ME could have recovered a bullet or spent cartridge case that could be linked to a firearm in the database by examining and comparing striations on the bullet or firing pin impressions, extractor marks, ejector marks, or breech face marks on the cartridge case.

Just a conversation :)

Yes I believe that LE checked out his alibi, but do you think they would have looked into the charter services to Chandeleur? Maybe down the road - I think LE would find it at least interesting.
I know things seem coincidental but there are things that just don't add up for me.
1)Time
2)Why didn't he sleep on the boat on Sunday night if they were leaving that early in the morning? It is a floating hotel and they allow you to sleep the day you get back and leave the next morning.
3) Where was he at when he contacted MB both times? (Was this to give him an alibi per his phone records)
4) Not buying his demeanor in interview - your wife - murdered - and you aren't even choked up. (I know everyone reacts differently - hogwash - you love someone there has got to be an emotion - his was cold - oddly nonchalant.)
BB is still not SP
5) Knows the license plate on the car he drove back in. Really - that's something you noticed - did he check at the rental agency to make sure he picked one with a MS license plate?
6) Can't say one of them due to rules.
7) In bad shape for months - has procedure - but is still going to go fishing for 2.5 days. Says thank you to friend who fixed hot tub so he could recuperate. Says in interview he is in poor health.

I know could all be coincidental - but there are questions - answers will eventually come, I just pray he didn't have anything to do with it, because it would be devastating to 3.

Just my thoughts :)

Just a note: Wonder what type of bucket list fishing trips he has taken the past 3 years and where were they located? Just curious.

Yes I believe that LE checked out his alibi, but do you think they would have looked into the charter services to Chandeleur? RSBM

IMO one of the first things LE checked regarding his alibi is the charter reservation. If BB's alibi is he was on a vendor paid chartered fishing trip that was planned a year in advance than at least the reservation has to check out. If there is no charter reservation before he leaves for Mississippi, he has no reason to be in Mississippi. It wouldn't matter if the flights, restaurant, hotel, rental car all checked out afterward, his alibi would have fallen apart. And he couldn't say that he was planning to get on a charter when he arrived because he's already said it was planned a year in advance. The same with the charter being delayed . Why wasn't on he out on the charter when he got the call? IMO LE would have verified that also. If LE didn't verify that first it would be very sloppy work.

BIBM
I know things seem coincidental but there are things that just don't add up for me.
1)Time
2)Why didn't he sleep on the boat on Sunday night if they were leaving that early in the morning? It is a floating hotel and they allow you to sleep the day you get back and leave the next morning.

Can't know the answer to this without know which specific charter he was on. BB gets more of a side eye from me on his FB, the very detailed alibi, being out of state when MB was murdered versus anything about the charter.

3) Where was he at when he contacted MB both times? (Was this to give him an alibi per his phone records)
You're right LE has his phone records to verify.

4) Not buying his demeanor in interview - your wife - murdered - and you aren't even choked up. (I know everyone reacts differently - hogwash - you love someone there has got to be an emotion - his was cold - oddly nonchalant.)
BB is still not SP

Yelp his demeanor is odd

5) Knows the license plate on the car he drove back in. Really - that's something you noticed - did he check at the rental agency to make sure he picked one with a MS license plate? Don't find that odd. I would have noticed that also especially if it were different from my own.

6) Can't say one of them due to rules.

7) In bad shape for months - has procedure - but is still going to go fishing for 2.5 days. Says thank you to friend who fixed hot tub so he could recuperate. Says in interview he is in poor health.
1. Missy didn't seem to be concerned that he was going on the fishing trip. She actually posted he deserved a good trip.(paraphrase) http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/video/developments-texas-church-murder-mystery-38556747 about 1:14 mark
2. There was discussion in earlier threads that BB had been long suffering from some type of colon/bowel/digestive issue such as diverticulitis. If you read the threads you will see it was resolved last year. Can't say more because of TOS.
3. Don't know what the "minor surgery procedure" BB had on April 15th was but the fact that MB was not in town for the procedure and didn't come back for 2 days afterward the procedure says to me either it really was something simple or it gives us some insight into the state of their marriage.
4. Wonder what his definition of poor health is?

RSBM

Just a note: Wonder what type of bucket list fishing trips he has taken the past 3 years and where were they located? Just curious.

BB really does overshare and is not as succinct as I would like for him to be! Maybe he has a list places he would like to fish before he kicks the bucket???? I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member