Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
attachment.php

Just checking. . . are you all still here?

Is there another active CSK forum where all the cool kids are hanging out and I am sitting here, all alone - pressing refresh in the hope that 1281 won't be the final number again? Well now it will be 1282.

But seriously, it makes you wonder just how many "people" are taking part in this discussion, as opposed to how many "members" i.e.... maybe 2 actual people have gone on holiday or otherwise unable to access this forum but at least 20 super-active "names" have also stopped posting! It's been a week since any active discussion on CSK and I am starving for the stimulation.

Reading anything I come across re CSK has been a nightly ritual for me for more than 10 years now. I follow much of the Perth unsolved/mishandled crimes and the police corruption that is rife.

Anyway back to the archives for me until I find some action :)

Attachments

• tumbleweed.jpg
    tumbleweed.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 384
I am here- although I am more of a lurker than a poster most of the time. I am unaware of anyone posting anywhere else. As far as who is who- the ones playing games seem to disappear after a little while.

I'm still here.

Just waiting for The Post to release more info for us to discuss.

I'd like to take this opportunity to prompt genuine non-members and visitors of this thread to create an account and make a contribution. Perhaps you lived close to Claremont at the time, have knowledge or a particular skill that may have bearing on a recently revealed aspect of the case or maybe you have some sort of relation to the case and a story to tell.

While this was and is a very perplexing and complex case, the fact still remains that Perth, the western suburbs in particular, was not such a vast area and that there are connections everywhere. While it's relatively quiet in terms of new news and information I'd be keen to hear some of the more experienced posters' opinions of the most likely profile of the attacker.

Here is mine:

Home location: Daglish, Shenton Park, Subiaco, West Leederville, Mt Claremont, Mosman Park, Scarborough.
Year of birth: 1970 ( - + 3 years)
Schooling: Western Suburbs
Height: 183cm
Build: Medium Athletic
Hair: Light Brown
Motivation: Sexually violent and sadistic

Still here waiting for the coroners inquest. This case is stone dead cold.
Unfortunately it seems that way.

There's been a flurry of information in the 18 months leading up to about 3 months ago. Not from Macro, but from one specific journalist. It's possible they have DNA, have a POI and are working secretly in the back ground putting their case together. But I think it's more likely they don't have DNA, they have a very strong POI who they can't get enough evidence to get a conviction.

If they had DNA and a solid POI they'd make a charge
If they had DNA, a solid POI but still complications with evidence they'd go public to try and get that final piece
If they didn't have DNA but a strong POI they either use a covert opp (Like they did with Cowan) or use the media and false info to try and coax him out

Time for an inquest. Apparently an inquest was handed down yesterday for Rachael Antonio and looking through old missing persons cases, there's no shortage of inquests. I imagine if they do have an inquest and LW is named as the likely CSK, then they'll never get him (if indeed he is the CSK).

Home location: Daglish, Shenton Park, Subiaco, Dalkeith, Nedlands, Claremont, Mt Claremont, Swanbourne, Cottesloe, Mosman Park.
Year of birth: 1963 - 1973
Schooling: Western Suburbs - CCGS, Scotch, JTC, Hollywood frontrunners. Swanbourne and Hale outsiders.
Appearance Western Suburbs type - either a charmer or a normal joe (that should be Jordan given the location) type.
Motivation: Sexual coupled with resentment at perceived snobby western suburbs girls.

Previous CrimesSexual assaults in the same area - Cott Hotel rape, Swanbourne rapes, Rowe Park, Church Lane, Claremont Subway (in order of likelihood)

with all the attacks leading up to the CSKs I cant believe there is no composite image that has been sketched or any details of what this sour grapest looks like eg brown hair, tall. what ever, maybe there was and i missed it , in most cases were a predator is attacking some sort of description is released to the public ?
this indicates to me 1, the ds no who it is 2 , nothing was seen by the victims 3 , it was the invisible man
why the silence?

Cott hotel
Rowe Park w@nker
Church Lane
Claremont Subway

And a couple of taxi driver incidents

I can't believe they wouldn't get a description and appeal to the public.

attachment.php

Just checking. . . are you all still here?

Is there another active CSK forum where all the cool kids are hanging out and I am sitting here, all alone - pressing refresh in the hope that 1281 won't be the final number again? Well now it will be 1282.

But seriously, it makes you wonder just how many "people" are taking part in this discussion, as opposed to how many "members" i.e.... maybe 2 actual people have gone on holiday or otherwise unable to access this forum but at least 20 super-active "names" have also stopped posting! It's been a week since any active discussion on CSK and I am starving for the stimulation.

Reading anything I come across re CSK has been a nightly ritual for me for more than 10 years now. I follow much of the Perth unsolved/mishandled crimes and the police corruption that is rife.

Anyway back to the archives for me until I find some action :)

I'm still here, too. I 'm here because I would like to know who caused all this chaos, and see them brought to justice. The families and friends of those taken might find some small relief in hearing the truth of what happened. When I think of the victims, I also think of the generation unborn: the cousins and grandchildren that will never be.

“It is better to be unhappy and know the worst, than to be happy in a fool's paradise.”
Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Hi all new poster here.

I have been interested in this case for awhile now being from perth but more so recently when the printing link surfaced.
Being a printer myself it sparked a bit more interest in the case.

Growing up seeing the specials on the tv and the cops being super tight lipped made me think they knew who it was.
But after looking on here for a few months now i'm leaning towards they have no idea.
I'm hoping the secret camera footage that is being reviewed leads to new developments.

How strong a factor do most of you rate the link to printing?

One thing i have considered is the location of the crimes (nightspot) and who with a link to printing would be a regular at the spot.
Back then more so then now you would have early edition newspapers getting sold. It's likely the person selling paper would have a van or a wagon maybe with magnetic signage.

Would signage make a girl feel more comfortable getting in a vehicle for a lift? I'd guess it would.

The newspapers would also be bundled up I'm not sure what with but you would have a few bits in the back after selling a few papers. Could this be what was used in the rape with printing matter. Seeing newspaper print doesn't realy dry it could be transferred easy.

They could of also done country paper runs and driven by the dump sites knowing what the areas are like late at night.

Just some of my thoughts on the case and hopefully this gets solved one day

Welcome to the thread JBA,

The media have stated that the link was specific to screen printing itself. Do you know much about the relation between soy ink/newspaper ink and plastisol / screen printing ink? Could the forensic scientists have confused the two?

I know for a fact there was a Newspaper delivery distribution point at 18 Graylands road across from the Showgrounds.

Very interesting point you've brought up. I've been told by Screen Printing experts that the typical S/P ink would not "impregnate"itself into a plastic rope as it's only water based.

Welcome to the thread JBA,

The media have stated that the link was specific to screen printing itself. Do you know much about the relation between soy ink/newspaper ink and plastisol / screen printing ink? Could the forensic scientists have confused the two?

I know for a fact there was a Newspaper delivery distribution point at 18 Graylands road across from the Showgrounds.

Very interesting point you've brought up. I've been told by Screen Printing experts that the typical S/P ink would not "impregnate"itself into a plastic rope as it's only water based.

Thanks for the welcome

I always thought it was strange that they pinpointed it directly to screen printing and discounted other printing processes which inks or solvents would have similar properties. Would love to know what they discovered.

It has been awhile since tafe and learning about ink properties.
I'm in general print but have used many different inks over the years with different uses and ways of drying.

I would assume it needs to be more of an alcohol, petroleum based ink which now days with all the "go green" is less common. Soy based inks would have been "newish tech" and wouldn't surprise me if our papers hadn't made the change over until after the CSK era. The newspapers would be reluctant to change something that wasn't broken and risk downtime on a change over. They could of also had an ink contract in place and be locked in for a period of time.

Home location: Likely close to Claremont at the time due to feeling like he is too smart to get caught.
Year of birth: 1960-63
Height: Below 6ft
Build: Medium/Not an athlete at the time
Motivation: Hatred of women due to rejection / Fame secondary afterthought
Felt inadequate in previous relationships
Frustrated, Narcissistic, but Highly Social Psychopath (think Gacey)
Friendly, outgoing, active, eccentric
Works 9-5 job (all murders were public holidays or weekends)
IQ 140-150
Lives private life in delusional fantasy of being powerful & important person.
Fantasies & crimes are influenced by movies & previous killers
Feels extremely powerful as he has not been caught
Thrives off the media attention
Posts on this forum, watches forums constantly
Gets enjoyment from injecting himself into the case & police contact
Gets enjoyment from contacting families of victims
Get enjoyment by confusing community & police with false information
Likely has met with family members of victims after murders
Hides in plain sight, hardly anyone would suspect him
Is a respected part of his community
Wants to be famous for being a serial killer, but that means he needs to be caught & is conflicted
Is worried that if he is never caught, he will never be famous.

I would assume it needs to be more of an alcohol, petroleum based ink which now days with all the "go green" is less common. Soy based inks would have been "newish tech" and wouldn't surprise me if our papers hadn't made the change over until after the CSK era. The newspapers would be reluctant to change something that wasn't broken and risk downtime on a change over. They could of also had an ink contract in place and be locked in for a period of time.

Agree on this- oil based inks for screen-printing were standard at the time, water-based inks were generally considered to be less robust, lower quality, faded too easily, and didn't have the richness of oil. (Speaking as someone who used to be a fine arts printmaker in the late 80s). I believe big strides in water-based inks have been made in the intervening years. As an aside: the clean-up and chemicals needed for using oils was a PITA so apart from the environmental concerns there was a big push to refine the inks. Unfortunately oils still have a richer quality and deeper pigmentation than water-based ones in general. Since the evidence was specific to screen printing supposedly, I wonder if it was screen emulsion (either commercial or a PVA glue and Ammonium dichromate mixture) impregnated in evidence. That stuff is tenacious going from memory.

I think no to the first, yes to the second. But I'd imagine police have the IP of every poster of CSK forums. I wonder if they have the IP of every person reading but not posting?

<modsnip>
As for the thread being 'dead' I'm still popping on every few nights to check in, just have nothing much else to add, plus been busy with the micro millions poker tournaments that have been running the last 2 weeks, that finishes tomorrow so i'll be pretty active again.

<modsnip>

Home location: Likely close to Claremont at the time due to feeling like he is too smart to get caught.
Year of birth: 1960-63
Height: Below 6ft
Build: Medium/Not an athlete at the time
Motivation: Hatred of women due to rejection / Fame secondary afterthought
Felt inadequate in previous relationships
Frustrated, Narcissistic, but Highly Social Psychopath (think Gacey)
Friendly, outgoing, active, eccentric
Works 9-5 job (all murders were public holidays or weekends)
IQ 140-150
Lives private life in delusional fantasy of being powerful & important person.
Fantasies & crimes are influenced by movies & previous killers
Feels extremely powerful as he has not been caught
Thrives off the media attention
Gets enjoyment from injecting himself into the case & police contact
Gets enjoyment from contacting families of victims
Get enjoyment by confusing community & police with false information
Likely has met with family members of victims after murders
Hides in plain sight, hardly anyone would suspect him
Is a respected part of his community
Wants to be famous for being a serial killer, but that means he needs to be caught & is conflicted
Is worried that if he is never caught, he will never be famous.

Do you have a suspect? This sounds like you are basing it off PW (police contact, high IQ(?), injecting himself into cases, contact with families of victims, libertarian activist a.k.a. narcissist..., highly social, active, 'respected' part of community).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa