Found Deceased UK - Adrian Lynch, 20, St Lawrence, Jersey, 5 Dec 2015

Notice the bit about the 2:33am taxi driver who has not yet come forward?? There's no way anyone on that island is unaware of what happened that night, I wonder how many taxi drivers there are on Jersey? I think someone, at least one person, is hiding a very big secret.

That is just so strange. Surely the taxi companies have records and would know, more or less, where their drivers were at that time.

Unless of course it was an off duty taxi driver, using his cab to drive himself home.

I've just seen on Jersey news that a body has been found in one of Jersey's reservoirs, close to where Adrian went missing. Formal identification will take some time.

The remains of a body have been found in Handois Reservoir, St Lawrence, close to where Adrian Lynch went missing.

Jersey Police say his family have been informed, but formal identification is 'likely to take some time'.

A call was received at 10:40 am from a worker at the reservoir, who reported finding the remains of a body partly submerged in the water.

Police and Crime Scene Investigation are currently at the scene and the public are being asked to stay away from the area.

20-year-old Adrian disappeared after attending a work Christmas party, in the early hours of Saturday 5th December 2015.

Adrian's father and stepmother described him as "the son every parent hoped for".

Police wound up the investigation in February after investigating all enquiries.

http://www.itv.com/news/channel/update/2016-08-04/body-found-near-to-where-adrian-lynch-went-missing/

I hope this brings the Lynch family closure. I hope they have been told if a preliminary ID from clothes has been possible as the wait otherwise would be torturous.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the update Rach - I also hope this brings news for the Lynch family x

I can't remember if the water was searched in the weeks after he disappeared but i sure hope it was extensively searched because it's such an obvious place to look.
I don't like to write this but for his family sake i hope it's him.

Oh this looks as though it must be Adrian, they have found his passport in the jacket of the body

Jersey Police have confirmed that Adrian Lynch's passport was in the jacket on the body found in a reservoir this morning.

Detective Superintendent Stewart Gull told ITV News in an interview the item had been found.

Officers were looking for Adrian's passport after he disappeared, they believed he had it with him.

A formal identification of the body will take place at a later date.

Workers at Handois Reservoir discovered the remains of a body partly submerged in the water just after 10:30am today.

The reservoir is around 100 metres from the area Adrian was last seen in.

http://www.itv.com/news/channel/upd...t-found-in-jacket-on-body-found-in-reservoir/

This link shows the map of where Adrian was last sighted and the location of the reservoir

02:09 – CCTV at the Thistlegrove site captures Adrian walking north past the entrance, and then going into the yard at the front of Regal, before disappearing down the side of Regal. He re-emerges a few minutes later and is seen to walk south back past Thistlegrove at 02:17.

http://www.itv.com/news/channel/2016-08-04/body-found-adrians-last-known-movements/

Was this reservoir not searched when he initially went missing? How could this have been missed??? This could've saved his loved ones 8 months of the heartache of not knowing where he was! :(

On the Channel TV news tonight the Chief Inspector in charge of the case said that the reservoir was searched but parts of it were too deep for sonar to see and also the water very murky so visibility poor. But in that case you think they would have searched again, especially in the past few months when maybe the water levels had dropped.

On the Channel TV news tonight the Chief Inspector in charge of the case said that the reservoir was searched but parts of it were too deep for sonar to see and also the water very murky so visibility poor. But in that case you think they would have searched again, especially in the past few months when maybe the water levels had dropped.

Just watched the update on the news tonight and missed out a few things said in interview with Chief Inspector. Infact the divers reported at the time that there was zero visibility in the water, so really they could never have been sure that Adrian wasn't there. But also said there is a possibility that the body had been moved (?when) which hopefully post mortem results would show.

Just watched the update on the news tonight and missed out a few things said in interview with Chief Inspector. Infact the divers reported at the time that there was zero visibility in the water, so really they could never have been sure that Adrian wasn't there. But also said there is a possibility that the body had been moved (?when) which hopefully post mortem results would show.
Holy shoot! I was thinking about that possibility earlier but then told myself to stop being so dramatic but I thought that IF there had been foul play and that person was getting twitchy because instead of just sitting at home worrying quietly, the family were still very vocal and active and in fact there's been a recent up surge in interest with 10 grand reward then they may think they're clever putting him somewhere close by to where he was last seen ... but, hopefully, all the tests will prove me wrong and that it was a terrible tragic accident.

I did wonder if Adrian had not been in the reservoir for 8 months. 8 months to the day ( December 4 ) when he was found, just coincidence I hope.

Would a body really stay submerged for that length of time ? and would a passport still be in reasonable condition to be recognisable as a passport.

Hope I am wrong in this thought and that it was a tragic accident. But even so, I agree that a second search would have been a very good plan.

I'm thinking recently dumped, but apparently the search couldn't be done 100%, so theoretically, he could have been there all along.

I've just read another article. The body looked like it had been there for months, so I think they're leaning towards accidental drowning, although I'm guessing the postmortem results will be definitive.

Just another update... On the lunchtime news only a brief interview with Chief Inspector who said that as they had always thought, it seems like it was a tragic accident with no evidence of foul play. Therefore I'm surprised that yesterday he made reference to the possibility of the body having been moved.

On this evenings news it was reported that the results of the post mortem showed no trauma to bones and that the body had been in the water for at least a few months.

Firstly my thoughts are with Adrian's family and friends who have suffered so much anguish since his disappearance, but now have to cope with this tragic outcome. :rose: :rose:

I just can't understand how he was so close to the last sighting, was it 100 m, that's no distance at all.

I find the reasons for the reservoir search yielding nothing (water too murky, water too deep) unacceptable actually and hold LE responsible for not making enough effort in the early stages. FGS, someone disappears and there is a large body of water so close - so where do you concentrate searches, seems obvious to me.

The other thing that concerns me is that dead bodies float. Not at first, they sink at first, but after some time the gasses build up and they come to the surface, it just happens, it's a natural process. I believe (willing to be corrected) that eventually they sink again as the gasses disperse, and air/water temperature, size/weight of body all affect the timing of this. I don't think there would be any currents in a reservoir as currents make a difference. My point here is that he probably was floating for some time in the days after his death, and so many people were searching. Was this reservoir out of bounds somehow?

My rant.....please excuse it. I mean no disrespect, but I do feel that failings with the professionalism of the search carried out by LE need addressing. AOIMO>

Why, oh why, wasn't he noticed. Why didn't they have a second search of the water, have a more thorough search of the water.

Thank you Zoomy and Blamhappy for keeping us up to date - much appreciated.

Jessie - great post, you have said it far better than I could have done. I have been muttering to myself ever since the news broke re Adrian being found and have felt so angry that the police do not seem to have done a very good job at all.
Even now, and I hope I am wrong, it feels like a covering over of facts. Saying that Adrian's body had been in the water several months does not confirm that he had been there for eight months. As you rightly say, a body would have floated long before this time and surely would have been sighted.
At the very least there should have been another search of the reservoir and I feel that Adrian's family have been badly let down, plus having to live through 8 months of not knowing.

8 months seems like a long time for a body to last in water and make its way to the surface. Maybe the bones were found on the shoreline and that is why they are a bit suspicious? Really weird.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo
Back