Sentencing and beyond- JA General Discussion #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Random thoughts as I drove home--

**Where did she get the bandaids she had on her hand before she reached Ryan's house?

**That upside down license plate. Seems that she went through the checkpoint at Hoover Dam. No way was that plate upside down then, IMO. Maybe she turned it upside afterwards because she wanted to be pulled over, not for an alibi, but to be placed near where she could claim she was lost in Nevada.

Happy Anniversary to my bride of 30 years. My plan is to take her dancing (it's how we met) at least once a month this year. It's fun plus to get ready for our beautiful daughter's wedding.

I'm still head over boots for her.

[video=youtube;3odIdmuFfEY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3odIdmuFfEY[/video]

Happy anniversary, Mr. & Mrs. Tex! It appears my friend's son will be born on your special day. :)

I watched the interrogation tapes trying to spot clues to truths as well but ought to do it again now that some time has passed and eyes and ears may be fresher. I do agree with Pocket on those two statements, he didn't know she was coming and she didn't know the camera took accidental pics, she likely just deleted every/anything on the camera without going through them pic by pic before throwing it into the washer (a sign that its washing was even more intentional?).

Random thoughts as I drove home--

**Where did she get the bandaids she had on her hand before she reached Ryan's house?

**That upside down license plate. Seems that she went through the checkpoint at Hoover Dam. No way was that plate upside down then, IMO. Maybe she turned it upside afterwards because she wanted to be pulled over, not for an alibi, but to be placed near where she could claim she was lost in Nevada.

Thanks for the pics, Hope! Good questions, she had to have known she was bleeding while still at his house, maybe she just filched his box of Bandaids? Or she got some when getting gas in Mesquite? The upside down license plate is still a curiosity, it's hard for me to decide what her actual reasoning was in doing that.

Happy Anniversary to my bride of 30 years. My plan is to take her dancing (it's how we met) at least once a month this year. It's fun plus to get ready for our beautiful daughter's wedding.

I'm still head over boots for her.

[video=youtube;3odIdmuFfEY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3odIdmuFfEY[/video]

Aw! That's so sweet. Happy anniversary!

Happy Anniversary to you and your bride!
Our 32nd Anniversary was August 2. We went out to dinner on the Chesapeake Bay.
Darn where did that time go?

Happy Anniversary to you and your bride!
Our 32nd Anniversary was August 2. We went out to dinner on the Chesapeake Bay.
Darn where did that time go?

I'm hearting the Chesapeake Bay! As a native Marylander (but just two blocks from DC), I have so much pride about the Chesapeake Bay. My car tags reflect that! And the seafood is second to none!

Annapolis is such a pretty city, I envy you!

But please accept my belated happy anniversary wishes. :)

Welcome home, adventurous Hope4More! Home, Sweet home, yes?

Your Mesa trip inspired me to rewatch the interrogation. Rather than trying to fish out her lies, really really concentrating on trying to unearth/pinpoint any sliver of truth among lies and embellishments.

I have found two truths so far.
-Travis did not know she was coming.
-She did not know about the existence of accidental photos taken during the time of killing.

Completely agree that she had no idea about the accidental pics. I think she just deleted everything from that day without spending time studying them. Her "really?" reply she almost whispered when Flores said they recovered pics taken during the actual murder was just about the only real response she had during the whole interrogation and the trial itself.

Happy anniversary to you, TexMex, and to Salberg. 30 and 32 years...it does goes by so quickly, doesn't it?

Happy anniversary, Mr. & Mrs. Tex! It appears my friend's son will be born on your special day. :)

I watched the interrogation tapes trying to spot clues to truths as well but ought to do it again now that some time has passed and eyes and ears may be fresher. I do agree with Pocket on those two statements, he didn't know she was coming and she didn't know the camera took accidental pics, she likely just deleted every/anything on the camera without going through them pic by pic before throwing it into the washer (a sign that its washing was even more intentional?).

I've never believed he knew she was coming. But, about the accidental photos--not sure I agree she didn't know about them. I rewatched that part of the interrogation, her "really" and "I didn't know," but IMO she was more likely lying than caught off guard. She'd just told, smugly and without hesitation, the whopper that Travis wouldn't have let her take photos of him in the shower, this after being told Flores had the photos to prove she had indeed taken them.

More to the point, IIRC, Detective Mendez (?) testified at trial that photos on TA's camera could only be deleted one by one, not as a group. I think I remember that correctly, because I thought the feature to delete in one step by date, etc. was pretty standard, and was surprised that wasn't possible on TA's camera.

And, just a subjective opinion, but I can't imagine the , even in a hurry to clean up and get out, passing up the opportunity to take a quick, satisfied look at the photos she took of TA's last minutes alive, in which case she would have seen the accidental photos.

I've never believed he knew she was coming. But, about the accidental photos--not sure I agree she didn't know about them. I rewatched that part of the interrogation, her "really" and "I didn't know," but IMO she was more likely lying than caught off guard. She'd just told, smugly and without hesitation, the whopper that Travis wouldn't have let her take photos of him in the shower, this after being told Flores had the photos to prove she had indeed taken them.

More to the point, IIRC, Detective Mendez (?) testified at trial that photos on TA's camera could only be deleted one by one, not as a group. I think I remember that correctly, because I thought the feature to delete in one step by date, etc. was pretty standard, and was surprised that wasn't possible on TA's camera.

And, just a subjective opinion, but I can't imagine the , even in a hurry to clean up and get out, passing up the opportunity to take a quick, satisfied look at the photos she took of TA's last minutes alive, in which case she would have seen the accidental photos.

I think the point about the deletion pic by pic was being made because she said (on the stand) as she was taking them she was viewing/deleting the ones they didn't like, so JM had Melendez describe how many steps deleting individual pics took (to show why that wasn't possible given the seconds between many of the pics). I'm fairly sure you can batch delete on that camera.

Also, those accidental pics were very dark (and the last 3 upside down), needing enhancement from Melendez, even if she had seen they were on the stick I doubt she could have been able to tell what was in them. But I think she just wholesale deleted to make sure anything taken that day was off the stick and then threw it in the washer.

I still would like to know what that dark patch was on the usb cord on Travis' desk and why it wasn't tested by CSI.

Burgers, burgers, anywhere. A field in Wyoming, just east of Yellowstone.

Attachments

• IMG_20160727_071848.jpg
    IMG_20160727_071848.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 38
Walgreens in Mesa, close to TA's house . For you, Geevee. ;)

Attachments

• IMG_20160805_110320.jpg
    IMG_20160805_110320.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 38
The park across from TA's house.

Attachments

• IMG_20160805_110601.jpg
    IMG_20160805_110601.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 46
Driving to TA's house. The road, about 30-40 minutes due east of Mesa.

Attachments

• IMG_20160805_110848.jpg
    IMG_20160805_110848.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 44
Map of routes out of AZ

Attachments

• IMG_20160805_111739.jpg
    IMG_20160805_111739.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 31
Leaving Mesa, Route 60, just before Wickenburg, where 93 to Kingman begins.

Attachments

• IMG_20160723_134119921_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20160723_134119921_HDR.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 40
Salt River Canyon, Arizona, on the way to TA's house. The canyon is about 2 hours east of Mesa. I thought about Travis as I drove through, wondered if he had ever visited this beautiful canyon, had ever hiked any of the many trails here.

Shortly after thinking that, and while feeling slightly nervous about navigating the 20 odd miles of tight curves through the canyon in the pouring rain, I turned one of those curves and saw 2 Apache Indians (the canyon is part of their reservation) running alongside the road, each carrying a 2- 3 foot bedecked with beads and feathers. A spiritual run?

Attachments

• IMG_20160805_112745.jpg
    IMG_20160805_112745.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 44
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors