GUILTY GA - Natalie Henderson, 17, & Carter Davis, 17, murdered, 1 Aug 2016 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you kbpirate!

People are really shaken up, understandably.

His poor grandparents :( I feel sad for his wife (?) too. What a tragic case.

So. I have Asperger's syndrome. I most certainly do have emotions and actually can get overemotional. This varies by person. I can also get fixated on stuff pretty easily. This doesn't mean I stalk people or am violent. People with autism are a hell of a lot more likely to victims of violent crime rather then perpetrators. I really resent anyone suggesting autism made him do it, as one of his friends suggested to the media.

It's funny, I was misdiagnosed my entire life. In my teens and 20's I started having issues with paranoia and hearing voices. I am very analytical so when this would happen I would have discussion with myself in my head of what I thought or heard and did that make sense. I have suffered from depression since I was 13 and have been taking anti depressants pretty much consistently since then. When I was 30 I was finally fully evaluated. The doctor determined that I had Asperger's and was rule out schizophrenic but he was convinced that someone with aspergers could not be schitzo. This made zero sense to me and my own doctor disagreed. In any case, I take anti-psychotics and no longer have those symptoms.

So yes, you can be both.

Married so she wouldn't have to testify?

I'm local to the Atlanta metro area, and while familiar with where this happened, I live further East of the Roswell area. I've been glued to the local media coverage (and this thread!!) since awakening to this horror Monday morning...there has been no mention of JH's marital status as yet im the ATL media, so who knows if they're married anywhere beside their own minds!! If, in fact they are legally married then, yes, she could invoke the marital privilege under Georgia law.

Prayers continue for the victims' families as well as the Grandparents of JH...what an absolute nightmare!!

Westie Mom

So. I have Asperger's syndrome. I most certainly do have emotions and actually can get overemotional. This varies by person. I can also get fixated on stuff pretty easily. This doesn't mean I stalk people or am violent. People with autism are a hell of a lot more likely to victims of violent crime rather then perpetrators. I really resent anyone suggesting autism made him do it, as one of his friends suggested to the media.

It's funny, I was misdiagnosed my entire life. In my teens and 20's I started having issues with paranoia and hearing voices. I am very analytical so when this would happen I would have discussion with myself in my head of what I thought or heard and did that make sense. I have suffered from depression since I was 13 and have been taking anti depressants pretty much consistently since then. When I was 30 I was finally fully evaluated. The doctor determined that I had Asperger's and was rule out schizophrenic but he was convinced that someone with aspergers could not be schitzo. This made zero sense to me and my own doctor disagreed. In any case, I take anti-psychotics and no longer have those symptoms.

So yes, you can be both.

Thank you for sharing your insight and experience!

Ignore this...my Tapatalk app is being crazy and won't save this thread unless I reply. Back to your regularly scheduled programming!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

So yes, you can be both.

Thank you so much for sharing the affects Asperger's syndrome has on you. So sorry you had to go through this, but thank God, you no longer have those symptoms.

Hugs headed your way ~

Thank you so much for sharing the affects Asperger's syndrome has on you. So sorry you had to go through this, but thank God, you no longer have those symptoms.

Hugs headed your way ~
My husband has Aspergers. Aspergers makes him socially inept but not violent or delusional.

However, he does also have bipolar / schizo affective disorder which does definitely bring on psychosis, etc., unless he takes his meds.

It appears to be very common to have Aspergers and a co-morbid psych condition.

I do have an MA in psychology but am no expert by any means...just my observations.

I'm a licensed social worker at a drug rehab. I work with all kinds of co-occurring disorders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So yes, you can be both.

((((greycoupon))))

I'm local to the Atlanta metro area, and while familiar with where this happened, I live further East of the Roswell area. I've been glued to the local media coverage (and this thread!!) since awakening to this horror Monday morning...there has been no mention of JH's marital status as yet im the ATL media, so who knows if they're married anywhere beside their own minds!! If, in fact they are legally married then, yes, she could invoke the marital privilege under Georgia law.

Prayers continue for the victims' families as well as the Grandparents of JH...what an absolute nightmare!!

Westie Mom
On social media (I should clarify - their social media accounts), I've only seen them referred to as boyfriend/girlfriend/in a relationship, however the girlfriend/fiancée/wife definitely had at least an engagement ring on in the picture taken of her as the search warrant was being executed. And she changed her Instagram username to incorporate his last name. It seems like perhaps they intended to get married, but it didn't officially happen yet.

On social media (I should clarify - their social media accounts), I've only seen them referred to as boyfriend/girlfriend/in a relationship, however the girlfriend/fiancée/wife definitely had at least an engagement ring on in the picture taken of her as the search warrant was being executed. And she changed her Instagram username to incorporate his last name. It seems like perhaps they intended to get married, but it didn't officially happen yet.

UPDATE: 11pm WSB news just commented on his wedding band, and report that they have been researching but can NOT find any record substantiating a legal marriage thus far..flipping to other channels to see if any coverage on this issue...

Westie Mom

Could someone give a link to the actual court documents (which stated he followed them to Publix....)?

That is certainly not what I said. I think he may be insane. Doesn't mean I think he needs a free pass.

This guy appears to be the most insane and the most evil person that I have ever seen. He may be crazy but he still needs to be locked up for the rest of his life for everyone's safety. Lots of people that commit horrible crimes are insane. It doesn't mean that they shouldn't be locked up.

UPDATE: 11pm WSB news just commented on his wedding band, and report that they have been researching but can NOT find any record substantiating a legal marriage thus far..flipping to other channels to see if any coverage on this issue...

Westie Mom
To be fair, you probably could not find proof of my marriage either. I live in a state where all records are sealed. I haven't changed my Social Security information nor changed anything to my reflect my current status (huge hassle that I can't handle). Therefore, only the city clerk has any record that I am married at all...and you would have to pay to uncover that record.

That is certainly not what I said. I think he may be insane. Doesn't mean I think he needs a free pass.

I wasn't saying that you did! Sorry if it seemed that way! I said that because people were saying insanity defense as if that defense would help him "win" in court. I was just saying that he may be crazy but it doesn't change my opinion on him be locked up forever!

To be fair, you probably could not find proof of my marriage either. I live in a state where all records are sealed. I haven't changed my Social Security information nor changed anything to my reflect my current status (huge hassle that I can't handle). Therefore, only the city clerk has any record that I am married at all...and you would have to pay to uncover that record.

Georgia has a significant open records act, and marriage certificates are all available from the state for inspection by the public. They should be able to find it if it were there.

"The man accused of shooting a killing two teens behind a Roswell Publix followed them there, according to court records."

Yes, I want to read the actual court records, not just an article which pulls out a couple statements.

Meth is a hell of a drug. Just saying, tremors, uncontrolled head movements, hallucinations (petting an imaginary dog) can all be caused by withdrawal from meth or other drugs. Let's wait for more facts to come out before we start getting him off on an insanity plea. He wasn't too crazy to steal and use a credit card then return to the scene of the crime and steal more stuff. JMO.

I've known musicians who move their hands like that sometimes....drumming into thin air or keeping time with hand motions.

I'm not saying that isn't weird thing to do, either, when you're making a court appearance for a double murder, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam