Found Deceased OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #7 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe I'm finally caught up. You people never sleep, do you? :) Just wanted to say, I don't know what I missed and I'm thankful for that, and I'd like to add my appreciation for the mods here and all they do. They're what makes this forum the best one going, for discussing cases like Sierah's with the respect these innocent victims deserve.

As my day begins I am sending you all hugs. This is stressful stuff we are delving into. Things of nightmares. Ce's loved ones will forever be in my heart. Forward.... MARCH!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

<BBM for Focus>

You've asked the age old $60,000.00 question, which should prolly be adjusted for inflation, Katharine.. With a quick search, you will likely find a brazillian answers to this question. However, it seems that when the correct answer is arrived at, you will realize that there may not be a correct answer...

Can You Call a 9-Year-Old a Psychopath?
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/13/magazine/can-you-call-a-9-year-old-a-psychopath.html?_r=0

One day last summer, Anne and her husband, Miguel, took their 9-year-old son, Michael, to a Florida elementary school for the first day of what the family chose to call &#8220;summer camp.&#8221; For years, Anne and Miguel have struggled to understand their eldest son, an elegant boy with high-planed cheeks, wide eyes and curly light brown hair, whose periodic rages alternate with moments of chilly detachment. Michael&#8217;s eight-week program was, in reality, a highly structured psychological study &#8212; less summer camp than camp of last resort.

<Snipped - read more>

This is fascinating. But what "causes it"? Is it a genetic disorder,missing gene, environmental, a medical anomaly? Such an elusive disorder.

I enjoy all the links you are able to provide, Foxfire.

I can't believe I'm finally caught up. You people never sleep, do you? :) Just wanted to say, I don't know what I missed and I'm thankful for that, and I'd like to add my appreciation for the mods here and all they do. They're what makes this forum the best one going, for discussing cases like Sierah's with the respect these innocent victims deserve.

Ha! Re the BBM, I have wondered the same thing! All you said is exactly right, too.

Current law is that one can earn $900/month for 9 months before it effects SSDI. He probably did some side work for cash, no records, no reporting.
Anyway, I think it is the mother & the disabled son that collect disability/SSI with the health care benefits. But even as low as $750/month in disability drops food stamps to $18/month!
My guess would be that it is JDW collecting full food stamps at $194/month.

State laws vary so much.

I don't know how this works retroactively but one no longer qualifies for disability on the basis of substance abuse/addiction. And many states have a law that if you have been convicted for drug charges, you are not eligible for food stamps but I doubt that goes back 16 years.

There is an advantage to country living, you can garden, can, freeze, fish & hunt for food. Food stamps now pay for veg/fruit plants & trees.

It is not unusual to sell plasma for $240/mo + or - and is not counted as income.

Sharing the resources & obligations is still the best way to manage and get by when impoverished.

Omg I hope he never donated blood. That just freaks me out in a way I can't describe to think of anyone who had to get a transfusion with his blood !! Not that they would know it, but still, wouldn't it freak you out?. sorry..kinda OT.

This is fascinating. But what "causes it"? Is it a genetic disorder,missing gene, environmental, a medical anomaly? Such an elusive disorder.

I echo these same questions and ponderings as Spellbound. I also appreciated your response and all your enlightening posts Foxfire. Thank you both.

Not sure how related her case would be Fairview Park is a bit away from where he lived and not a truck route, then again you never know. I am about 10 minutes from there I should head up to see what I can hear.

I'm just as fascinated and am intrigued by the knowledge you have. Nature vs. nurture doesn't explain it all, IMO. Because if it did I'd be one messed up person. I'm not familiar with many members here, but have you provided a book that would be good to read on the subject? Psych classes were a loooooong time ago and before I really wanted to know why people tick the way they do. Understanding helps me wrap my brain around tragedies I get so wrapped up in. I want to know why people do the horrific things they do even though sometimes I think it's healthier to stick my head in the sand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting article, ty. I read a book, similar, probably a couple of years ago but did not keep it and can't remember title or author, but he asserted that he could identify violence examining the brain as young as 3 years old.

He proposed housing them in an institutionalized community, not to penalize, but to provide basic needs for their security and well-being as well as segregation from the community ie not having to struggle to work with others or commit crimes of robbery to support themselves.

Sounded similar to Norway's prison system, altho again he was not proposing a prison.

More like some have proposed sanctuary communities set aside for sex offenders.

However, listening to the podcast, it is clear that some killers kill just to kill. And we know for many it is to meet pleasure fantasies.

It took until I went to bed for it to cross my mind why using the diapers at time of death was most logical, Foxfire. :(

I did really enjoy the imitation of JDW and think it is right on target!

<Graphic>

On the incontinence garment front - I cared for a terminal family member in my home and when she passed adult diapers most certainly did not contain her fluids.

Perhaps they do in some cases - but it wasn't even close in ours.

This leads me to believe this may have been his first time trying incontinence products - if that's the reason they were present.

An excerpt from Toledo Blade article referencing the possible elder abuse , which would have been in 2013, WHY was he agitated? Does anyone have any possible links of crimes that may have occurred in 2013 ? Does anyone have an exact date when that report was filled by the nurse practitioner and better yet, is that file available to obtain and read the specifics ?? (Excerpt below ). :

""Two years earlier, deputies checked on a report of possible elder abuse against the mother. A nurse practitioner who treated Ms. Sheperd after a fall contacted authorities.

“The son seemed agitated and frustrated to be at the hospital,” the nurse relayed to deputies in the report, and said she was able “to speak with Ms. Sheperd about the way her son treats her and [Ms. Sheperd] advised that he is just like his father in the way he talks to her.” The nurse reported no signs of physical abuse
"

An excerpt from Toledo Blade article referencing the possible elder abuse , which would have been in 2013, WHY was he agitated? Does anyone have any possible links of crimes that may have occurred in 2013 ? Does anyone have an exact date when that report was filled by the nurse practitioner and better yet, is that file available to obtain and read the specifics ?? (Excerpt below ). :

""Two years earlier, deputies checked on a report of possible elder abuse against the mother. A nurse practitioner who treated Ms. Sheperd after a fall contacted authorities.

&#8220;The son seemed agitated and frustrated to be at the hospital,&#8221; the nurse relayed to deputies in the report, and said she was able &#8220;to speak with Ms. Sheperd about the way her son treats her and [Ms. Sheperd] advised that he is just like his father in the way he talks to her.&#8221; The nurse reported no signs of physical abuse
"

I thought about this as well. There aren't any woman on our list that would be in 2013. Off course, that doesnt mean that there weren't any...

<Graphic>

On the incontinence garment front - I cared for a terminal family member in my home and when she passed adult diapers most certainly did not contain her fluids.

Perhaps they do in some cases - but it wasn't even close in ours.

This leads me to believe this may have been his first time trying incontinence products - if that's the reason they were present.

I also cared for my dying father in law (cancer. Prolonged dying ) and for the last week or so he had not ate or drank anything and hospice care had removed his IV , so there was no need for undergarments either, but I think it would be a totally different situation with a young healthy person who very suddenly died , so I believe the undergarments would definitely be needed..

I would think it is more likely for the period of time they were held and unable to use the restroom. He wouldn't want to have to mop up after them. I also think it might have been about degrading and demoralizing them.

He couldn't be in the secret room 24/7, so of anyone was kept there for any amount of time they wouldn't be roaming freely, and would have been likely shackeled or in the freezer.

I find the lack of anyone coming out and speaking about him odd. You would think someone from school, or where he worked at times would be out telling about experiences they had with him. The silence seems really odd, and that much creepier.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

I see these occasional articles some of you post that are old newspaper articles from 1979s, 80s etc. Is there a specific site/library database for these ? I would love to randomly scan through old articles like that from Fulton co and surrounding counties including in MI for anything such as abduction attempts, reports of suspicious vehicles etc etc . They seem to be way more detailed and elaborative with info back then! If someone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. Despite being local, I'm embarrassed to say I do not know the names of all the smaller local and regional small town newspapers (such as the Bryan times from Williams county for example which I just now saw ) if someone could give me the names of the papers for the towns in area , or even some links to such ,I would love to dig through them

I also cared for my dying father in law (cancer. Prolonged dying ) and for the last week or so he had not ate or drank anything and hospice care had removed his IV , so there was no need for undergarments either, but I think it would be a totally different situation with a young healthy person who very suddenly died , so I believe the undergarments would definitely be needed..
I echo this experience. I'll also add that I had the unfortunate situation of witnessing a sudden death. It was from a heart attack - and this person did release his bowel/bladder contents. I think each situation is different. I wonder if the incontinence items were used "just in case?" Makes me sick to even type that.

My heart goes out to those of you who have cared for a dying loved one. It's truly a gift you gave that person.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I would think it is more likely for the period of time they were held and unable to use the restroom. He wouldn't want to have to mop up after them. I also think it might have been about degrading and demoralizing them.

He couldn't be in the secret room 24/7, so of anyone was kept there for any amount of time they wouldn't be roaming freely, and would have been likely shackeled or in the freezer.

I find the lack of anyone coming out and speaking about him odd. You would think someone from school, or where he worked at times would be out telling about experiences they had with him. The silence seems really odd, and that much creepier.

Why would he degrade them by wearing disposable diapers? IMO He already had them chained and raped them. I would think there would be a bucket or something to make them go to the bathroom in. Maybe it's a SO thing to degrade that way.

I have seen talk of people's interactions with him but not sure if it would be considered rumor since it wasn't from here nor media. But I have not seen anything about friends or coworkers.
He was noted as being the creepy guy but people kept their distance.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

I'm just as fascinated and am intrigued by the knowledge you have. Nature vs. nurture doesn't explain it all, IMO. Because if it did I'd be one messed up person. I'm not familiar with many members here, but have you provided a book that would be good to read on the subject? Psych classes were a loooooong time ago and before I really wanted to know why people tick the way they do. Understanding helps me wrap my brain around tragedies I get so wrapped up in. I want to know why people do the horrific things they do even though sometimes I think it's healthier to stick my head in the sand.

Yes, the WHY. But sometimes it seems they believe their actions are perfectly justified. They believe their own lies and God help anyone who tries to convince them otherwise. They think our reality is crazy. They simply do not believe they are doing anything wrong.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Why would he degrade them by wearing disposable diapers? IMO He already had them chained and raped them. I would think there would be a bucket or something to make them go to the bathroom in. Maybe it's a SO thing to degrade that way.

I have seen talk of people's interactions with him but not sure if it would be considered rumor since it wasn't from here nor media. But I have not seen anything about friends or coworkers.
He was noted as being the creepy guy but people kept their distance.

Unfortunately, there appears to be a "fetish" involving diapers. I've been kind of looking around the web after reading the search warrant, and a lot of the items lean towards a sick demented who was into bondage. Unfortunately there seems to be a subculture regarding diapers.

With all of the video and photographic equipment I seriously wonder if he wasn't making items to sell for profit.

No bodies were allegedly found, what if he took girls, or they actually showed up voluntarily for something else, and he made movies? A good way to keep someone quiet is fear of embarrassment. At this point I don't know what to make of any of it, but there is a lot of different things he could have been into.

And to me, to be forced to wear a diaper, to be dependent on someone else to remove it would be pretty degrading on top of everything else he was likely doing.

Unfortunately, there appears to be a "fetish" involving diapers. I've been kind of looking around the web after reading the search warrant, and a lot of the items lean towards a sick demented who was into bondage. Unfortunately there seems to be a subculture regarding diapers.

With all of the video and photographic equipment I seriously wonder if he wasn't making items to sell for profit.

No bodies were allegedly found, what if he took girls, or they actually showed up voluntarily for something else, and he made movies? A good way to keep someone quiet is fear of embarrassment. At this point I don't know what to make of any of it, but there is a lot of different things he could have been into.

And to me, to be forced to wear a diaper, to be dependent on someone else to remove it would be pretty degrading on top of everything else he was likely doing.

Also, earmuffs boys, if he did hold woman for a long period of time he would have to do something about the monthly cycle. He can't go out and get female products because that would be suspicious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member