MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Pastor Jerry, I agree, I'm pretty sure it's a local, and unless he's a complete recluse, someone's going to notice something about him lately. The only silver lining I see here is that I'm almost certain he'll be caught.

I think he'll be caught too.

Hope it's SOON.

jmo

A couple corrections. Princeton has only one town btw it and Worcester and is at most a 20 minute drive, not 40. Also while the Mt is popular (more so in winter) its a couple miles away from where Vanessa went missing. The road she was on runs parrelel to the main route through town, so most people driving through stay off that road and stay on rt 31. So it's unlikely the road she was running would have had a lot of traffic. Princeton is small and friendly but there isn't really a downtown so people aren't usually just milling around back roads in town. But it is the kind of place where people wouldn't think twice about going for a jog alone and often leave doors unlocked. But it is definetly never crowded with people (accept by the mnt).

Did not mean to imply that her street was busy--though the times I've been through the downtown, it's been quite bustling.

Oops, yeah, 40 minutes is our house to Mt. Wachusett, not Worcester to Mt. W. My bad.

I would have guessed it might be the safest town in Massachusetts.

I grew up next door to Princeton and it's a frequent quaint Sunday drive, but I don't think I've ever seen the town center bustling pretty much ever. It must have been a special occasion when you were there. There is a small pizza shop, and market that sells sandwiches a little off the center and a place to get ice cream, and that's about it, so there's nothing to actually do in the center of town for it to get bustling. The mnt gets busy during festivals though.

image.jpeg

Princeton town center looking south west from about the library or police station. The road Vanessa disappeared from would have been to the south east in this picture or bottom right.

I grew up next door to Princeton and it's a frequent quaint Sunday drive, but I don't think I've ever seen the town center bustling pretty much ever. It must have been a special occasion when you were there. There is a small pizza shop, and market that sells sandwiches a little off the center and a place to get ice cream, and that's about it, so there's nothing to actually do in the center of town for it to get bustling. The mnt gets busy during festivals though.

Well, I'm usually there for the ice cream :D, which can be bustling all by itself on a warm weekend.

Where would he have "hidden out"? How would they know she was going for a run then? Do you really think he tailed her the entire 3 hrs drive from NYC? On multiple major highways and all along windey back roads and then just stalked her house for days until she finally happen to go out for a run? I'm just not sure that makes much sense to me.

Not sure if her social media is private now but she did post a picture of a run she did, which shows exactly where she ran. If she's an avid runner she may have used map my run and if that wasn't private anyone would know where she frequently runs.

She was visiting though so I'm not sure it would have been a run she frequented.

I wonder if she had gone out the night before or made connections to any of her old friends.

eta:

Channel 5 has posted a slide show with some pictures of the area. Looks like it was right near where Brooks Station Road and Radford Road meet: Jogger-search.png marcotte--2--png.png

That's not very far away from the downtown. https://goo.gl/maps/NTGSoD6xp8q

The Google picture was taken when the leaves were off the trees so it looks open, but right now you probably can't see more than three or four feet past the side of the roads.

She was visiting though so I'm not sure it would have been a run she frequented.

Yes, she was visiting her parents where she grew up. One would think she would run a usual route while there. Or again track it on her cell phone on an app. The usual route I wouldn't doubt, but correct me if I'm wrong that she didn't grow up there.

She didn't grow up in Princeton. She grew up in Leominster. She went to school in Worcester and college in Boston. I'm not sure when here mother moved to Princeton but it sounds likely it was sometime after she graduated from HS.

Somewhere I read an interview with her dad and he said they went to the 111 chop house the night before which is a steak house in Worcester.

I wonder if she had gone out the night before or made connections to any of her old friends.

eta:

Channel 5 has posted a slide show with some pictures of the area. Looks like it was right near where Brooks Station Road and Radford Road meet: View attachment 99614 View attachment 99615

That's not very far away from the downtown. https://goo.gl/maps/NTGSoD6xp8q

The Google picture was taken when the leaves were off the trees so it looks open, but right now you probably can't see more than three or four feet past the side of the roads.

Her father told reporters he was out with her for dinner at a chop house the night before. There were no details about the time. Either way if she was out with friends after then the father or mother would've known, especially if she was staying with her parents/mother/father. However I'm thinking LE is keeping things hush hush right now after getting tons of leads and trying to connect the dots.

She didn't grow up in Princeton. She grew up in Leominster. She went to school in Worcester and college in Boston. I'm not sure when here mother moved to Princeton but it sounds likely it was sometime after she graduated from HS.

Thank you for the info 😊 Don't know the area very well but this helped.

Criminal Watch Dog, a website that maps potentially dangerous sex offenders in your neighborhood, shows 29 sex offenders within a 10 mile radius and 1 within 5 miles of the crime scene. That seems very high for a quiet town to me

Is there a pointer to the interview with her dad that some of you are referencing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 mile radius would also take into account parts of Holden, Rutland, and likely Sterling as well. Even 5 miles from the crime scene could put that offender in technically a different town. Also sex offenders have to register for a variety of offenses and most registered sex offenders do not pose a serious public risk. But they should all be checked none the less.

Two other areas I think the police should at least look into, are one I think they should see if there was any connection btw the 28yr old Rutland (a neighboring town to Princeton) man who died on the mass pike Monday nigh going the wrong way..

..and two I think they should also rule out the possibility that Vanessa knew the dentist accused of pushing his wife out of a 3rd story window in Dec 2011. The dentist and his wife lived basically around the corner from where Vanessa vanished. A few night before the wife's death they held a Xmas party were many town residents attended. As far as I know the husband is still due to stand trial....so I hope the police rule out any possibility that perhaps Vanessa knew something about that.

10 mile radius would also take into account parts of Holden, Rutland, and likely Sterling as well. Even 5 miles from the crime scene could put that offender in technically a different town. Also sex offenders have to register for a variety of offenses and most registered sex offenders do not pose a serious public risk. But they should all be checked none the less.

Two other areas I think the police should at least look into, are one I think they should see if there was any connection btw the 28yr old Rutland (a neighboring town to Princeton) man who died on the mass pike Monday nigh going the wrong way..

..and two I think they should also rule out the possibility that Vanessa knew the dentist accused of pushing his wife out of a 3rd story window in Dec 2011. The dentist and his wife lived basically around the corner from where Vanessa vanished. A few night before the wife's death they held a Xmas party were many town residents attended. As far as I know the husband is still due to stand trial....so I hope the police rule out any possibility that perhaps Vanessa knew something about that.

I thought they said there hadn't been a homicide in 30 years or so?

Well he's been charged but not found guilty so maybe technically they can't call it a murder, even though everyone suspects as much. His story is that they had a big fight over an extra marital affair and she jumped out the window.....of their third story workout room.....at 3am! Yup! Likely. I can find articles on it if you like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
job333