GUILTY GA - Natalie Henderson, 17, & Carter Davis, 17, murdered, 1 Aug 2016 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://law.justia.com/codes/georgia/2010/title-17/chapter-7/article-6/part-2/17-7-131

So the only way to avoid the death penalty in GA is to be found mentally retarded, which he is not. He is mentally ill.

Technically, if the prosecution chooses to seek the death penalty (they don't always), the defense can ask the state for a plea bargain--such as an admission of guilt/guilty plea with full confession in exchange for life in prison w/o parole. That doesn't mean the state will agree, but I've seen it happen. (case: Jorelys Rivera. Incidentally, her murderer killed himself at the classification prison a few days into his LWOP sentence that he plea bargained for.)

Interesting comments on his Instagram page. Comments on the pics. His family arguing with people and additional info. His Instagram name is jeff_hazelwood. Public profile. The dad of someone who knows both victims says CD had just returned that day from visiting family out of state and told his mom he was going to get food. He apparently went to meet NH. Now I think - maybe neither kid snuck out. Maybe they went out, and their parents went to bed thinking their kids would return home later and be there in the morning. This is SO sad.

Interesting comments on his Instagram page. Comments on the pics. His family arguing with people and additional info. His Instagram name is jeff_hazelwood. Public profile. The dad of someone who knows both victims says CD had just returned that day from visiting family out of state and told his mom he was going to get food. He apparently went to meet NH. Now I think - maybe neither kid snuck out. Maybe they went out, and their parents went to bed thinking their kids would return home later and be there in the morning. This is SO sad.
No I don't buy that...no offense..but the curfew was 11 pm and CD had school at 8 am the next morning.. so I don't see his mom, who is a teacher, saying sure son go out at 2 am for food...or sure it's after curfew go ahead and go out even though u have school first thing in the morning.They snuck out...their parents thought they were home tucked in their beds safely but they were not.

I think JB is saying he went out earlier than curfew and she went to bed thinking he'd come home on time and didn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No I don't buy that...no offense..but the curfew was 11 pm and CD had school at 8 am the next morning.. so I don't see his mom, who is a teacher, saying sure son go out at 2 am for food...or sure it's after curfew go ahead and go out even though u have school first thing in the morning.They snuck out...their parents thought they were home tucked in their beds safely but they were not.

I think the poster was suggesting that CD went out earlier in the evening, not at 2am. Rather, he went out earlier to get something to eat (perhaps meet up with Natalie), the parents went to bed assuming he would be home soon, but he never arrived back home.

Not sure if that is true, but it does ring a bit truer to me than sneaking out at 2am.

jmo

Sorry, I think you misunderstood. They meant he went to get dinner. At a normal time. And never made it home. Parents probably went to bed having no idea he wouldn't return home.

I wonder if they had gone to the Waffle House and ran into Creepy there and he followed them.

I think the poster was suggesting that CD went out earlier in the evening, not at 2am. Rather, he went out earlier to get something to eat (perhaps meet up with Natalie), the parents went to bed assuming he would be home soon, but he never arrived back home.

Not sure if that is true, but it does ring a bit truer to me than sneaking out at 2am.

jmo

Exactly. Thank you. They were killed between 2-4 a.m. The police never said what time they parked the cars there. Maybe they met to eat at a normal time like 7 p.m. Left one car to ride together. Maybe they went back to get the second car at 9 p.m. (these times are just hypothetical). Maybe JH got a hold of them when they returned and tortured them until he executed them late that night. We were all assuming he just shot them and that's it. How do we know there isn't more to what he did with them. Maybe he took them somewhere before bringing them back and shooting them by the cars to make it look like someone robbed them. Maybe that is why they are asking people if they saw his car under suspicious circumstances. He might have spent a lot of time with them that night....

Ok yes I could see that happening....but I guess I am hung up on that curfew. We used to live in John's Creek and you betcha a kid would get pulled over or noticed out after that curfew time. Maybe it was not enforced so much in that part of Roswell???

Also I remember hearing about that alternative school...it was not a good situation. Too bad...JH would not have gotten the benefit his grandparents were seeking.

I'm still astounded that these 2 kids are gone. What would the odds of this be...so unlikely yet it did indeed happen.

Exactly. Thank you. They were killed between 2-4 a.m. The police never said what time they parked the cars there. Maybe they met to eat at a normal time like 7 p.m. Left one car to ride together. Maybe they went back to get the second car at 9 p.m. (these times are just hypothetical). Maybe JH got a hold of them when they returned and tortured them until he executed them late that night. We were all assuming he just shot them and that's it. How do we know there isn't more to what he did with them. Maybe he took them somewhere before bringing them back and shooting them by the cars to make it look like someone robbed them. Maybe that is why they are asking people if they saw his car under suspicious circumstances. He might have spent a lot of time with them that night....
Yes that could be why police are asking about the car. And I do remember a comment from police about a possible pre-crime involvement. Could be referring to a small time frame just before they were killed.

Thanks..something to think about there.

(Meant to quote the curfew question-sorry). Well JH is 20 - no curfew. The other two probably were headed home by 11 (the curfew). Probably usually followed the rules. Probably why their parents maybe went on to bed since they had to work the next day. They thought their kids always come home by 11 - who thinks this will happen? Maybe JH grabbed them and did whatever he did with them until he finally killed them between 2-4? This is so horrible. I'm thinking he did a lot more than just shoot them. I was hoping they at least didn't suffer and it was quick. If he took them somewhere else for awhile, that explains why they are looking for info on his car. He could have made them lay in the back to not be seen. There's a clearing back there he could have taken them to. Who knows, yet, but I think now that he must have taken them somewhere which brings his car into the equation. Brought them back - at that time he already had them in his control and therefore was able to shoot them in this horrible "execution"-style. Ughhh WHY

Also could explain the "evil" comment earlier in the thread.

Oh em gee

my internet is messing up so here is the link..

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/nor...well-killings-our-hearts-are-broken/420189073

History with police

One report from April 2013 says, “I made contact with Marsha Hazelwood, her husband and her 16-year-old grandson. Hazelwood explained that her and her husband have legal custody of the juvenile."

The report says "Hazelwood said that the juvenile took his knives and sword from the gun safe,” and "Hazelwood informed me that (approximately) 6-8 weeks ago, the juvenile informed her that he was going to blow and people we're going to get hurt. Hazelwood asked him who was going to get hurt and he said he didn’t know who, when, or how and that he didn’t have a plan."

“In hindsight obviously it was a very bad thing, but at the time the officers can’t really involuntarily commit somebody to the hospital because there's no necessarily imminent threat,” attorney Manny Arora said. “From the police reports that you have, about eight of them over the last six years, you can see the level of the severity of the commentary in the police reports getting worse and worse and worse."

jmo

I buy it mine has said she was going for ice cream and it gets late. I use find my iPhone see she is at a friends house check snapchat story see they are around a campfire and I go to bed. Granted she is almost 30 not 17 but still

Oh em gee

my internet is messing up so here is the link..

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/north-fulton-county/grandfather-of-suspect-in-roswell-killings-our-hearts-are-broken/420189073

History with police

One report from April 2013 says, “I made contact with Marsha Hazelwood, her husband and her 16-year-old grandson. Hazelwood explained that her and her husband have legal custody of the juvenile."

The report says "Hazelwood said that the juvenile took his knives and sword from the gun safe,” and "Hazelwood informed me that (approximately) 6-8 weeks ago, the juvenile informed her that he was going to blow and people we're going to get hurt. Hazelwood asked him who was going to get hurt and he said he didn’t know who, when, or how and that he didn’t have a plan."

“In hindsight obviously it was a very bad thing, but at the time the officers can’t really involuntarily commit somebody to the hospital because there's no necessarily imminent threat,” attorney Manny Arora said. “From the police reports that you have, about eight of them over the last six years, you can see the level of the severity of the commentary in the police reports getting worse and worse and worse."

In February 2010 police were dispatched to the Hazelwood home in “reference to a juvenile in the yard with a handgun.” The gun turned out to be a toy gun, according to police.

In March 2011, reports show Hazelwood’s grandfather reported him missing. The report says, “juvenile did leave a note stating that he was going to see if he could survive for a couple days in the woods. The juvenile is suspected of taking a Sig Sauer 9 mm handgun.”

Later that year in December, police were dispatched to a report of Hazelwood swinging a sword in the front yard. The report says Hazelwood told officers he was “practicing for karate.” The same report says the complainant, who lives nearby said “he believes the juvenile is dangerous and has issues.”

The most recent report involving Hazelwood was made in April.

Hazelwood’s attorney Lawrence Zimmerman says Hazelwood plans to enter a not-guilty plea but it is too early for him to comment on Hazelwood’s background or specific details of the case.

Hazelwood’s grandfather speaks

A man who indicated he was Hazelwood’s grandfather, Walter Hazelwood, told Winne, “Our hearts are broken for the other families. Our hearts are just ripped out.”

Walter Hazelwood said the community's been very nice to the Hazelwoods, and his church community has been a big support.

I am thankful to read that. The grandparents did the best they could, I am sure. I feel very sorry for them, and I do believe their hearts ache for the families of the victims. Really sad.

jmo

so I have a friend in CA with a daughter who was dangerous to herself and mom but my friend could do nothing because her daughter was over 18..and also because she had not actually done anything yet. Finally the girl went wild and they police were able to get a 5150 on the daughter. BUT things had to get completely awful for anything to actually happen and get help for her daughter. I can kind of understand how the grandparents must feel, however there should be no gun safe around a kid like this. I hope nothing from their house was used on JH and CD.

Local news just now. 8 calls over 6 years to the police about JH. One about knives and swords. Swinging swords
and throwing knives at trees in the front yard. One neighbor wouldn't let his kids play in the front yard because he felt JH was dangerous and had issues. When the police came, he told them he wasn't going to hurt himself, but he had thought about it before. He told the grandparents he was going to just "blow" and hurt someone sometime but didn't have a plan. (Something like that. He was never arrested. He never actually did anything.) He has schizophrenia and anxiety and was a special education student when in public schools, says his friend. His attorney is not ready to publicly discuss the case yet. This was 11 Alive News at 10.

Someone who was in Peachford with him (one of our mental health hospitals here where teens go), mentioned on social media that he had schizophrenia and that he told her his mother chose to do drugs herself instead of buy him the only kind of meds that worked for him (hearsay only of course - I'm never claiming any of the social media postings to be fact). You can read this on the first pic on his public Instagram in the comments - couldn't get it to link.

ETA: I see it linked in the post above - much better account of the facts - I was typing as they said it on TV - thank you!!!! I believe this is truly a mentally ill person (and, more importantly, two innocent children) that were failed by our system. No one is to blame but the person that committed the crime, of course. Those poor families - all of them. It sounds like the grandparents tried even when the mom didn't or couldn't.

Now I'm the stalker...he lived right by NH's house...and google map has his Honda Passport in the grandparents' driveway.

Now I'm the stalker...he lived right by NH's house...and google map has his Honda Passport in the grandparents' driveway.

Address please? And no you aren't - I'm looking everything up too. ;)

(NH's street has a gate - I do know where that is. It's right by the high school and the Publix. I'd have to move if I didn't die of grief first. So close. So heartbreaking.)

wow, per google maps he lived .8 miles from her house! Maybe he really was stalking her?

wow, per google maps he lived .8 miles from her house! Maybe he really was stalking her?

I've thought that from the beginning. Apparently he currently lived with his girlfriend. Wonder how far from NH that was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlieSnoop1975