Found Deceased OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #7 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm under the impression that most of us believe that JW has many more victims. IMO the information known to LE and the media that's not being release could play a HUGE roll in connecting the dots to more victims. Although I respect SJ's family and feel great sorrow for them, I feel the same grief and sorrow for the other potential victims and their loved ones......they also deserve justice and peace.

Yes. I agree. I think he might have more victims. It's a fact that he tried to abduct a woman many years ago and he did (not enough IMO) time for that. There was other evidence of his holding a (possibly injured) person captive at that barn. So, it seems reasonable to wonder if there is a series. I'm sure the families of other missing women from the area are all putting this together the same way we are, and they are probably in agony wondering what information is coming next.

My hope is that if he has more victims, he is telling the investigators everything and being truthful. The cameras, film and digital media listed in the search warrant lead me to believe that there is probably photographic evidence that will show investigators the real story behind any lies he tells. If he gets some kind of sentence deal, so be it. As long as there are some answers for the families of other potential victims—and soon.

Rationally, I agree with your statement. But my heart conflicts. A victims family does not want to see ugly details of their loved ones death, blasted all over the tv, print and internet media sites. I can imagine they feel some ownership over those details, and want them to be private until the case reaches a courtroom. Is there a public safety issue now that he is behind bars, and not likely to ever see a public street again? I'm aware of how hypocritical the above is. After all, I am an active member of a crime discussion website. Anyone else conflicted in this way?

The whole problem with the MSM in the case, was TIMING. I understand why disclosure is important. Anyone who has to bury their child knowing they were murdered is suffering a pain most people will never understand. There was no reason why they needed to release some of the gory details on the day of Sierah's visitation. There was nothing to gain by not waiting a few days; no person was saved.

Going forward we will hear many more details, and we should. However, I think what needs to released is every life detail about JDW - his jobs, hangouts, trips he made, purchases of anything that could have played a part in torture & murder - EVERYTHING! Come on, Media! We know how great you are at stalking. Now is the time to track every move he's made in the last 35 years. Talk to people that have dealt with him personally or professionally. These details are what could help connect him to other crimes.

The whole problem with the MSM in the case, was TIMING. I understand why disclosure is important. Anyone who has to bury their child knowing they were murdered is suffering a pain most people will never understand. There was no reason why they needed to release some of the gory details on the day of Sierah's visitation. There was nothing to gain by not waiting a few days; no person was saved.

Going forward we will hear many more details, and we should. However, I think what needs to released is every life detail about JDW - his jobs, hangouts, trips he made, purchases of anything that could have played a part in torture & murder - EVERYTHING! Come on, Media! We know how great you are at stalking. Now is the time to track every move he's made in the last 35 years. Talk to people that have dealt with him personally or professionally. These details are what could help connect him to other crimes.

Totally agree!

THOSE are the kind of details we need!! Not extraneous (to the public) details regarding Sierah's and her families' privacy.

Just a general question regarding confessions -

What incentive would he have to disclose additional information? Would a plea for life instead of death carry that much weight? (For someone who has been in prison before?)

Is it possible he'd get less than life? How does that all work? "We'd subtract 5 years for every body you can lead us to."

Genuinely curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly, where are the people, who could say "oh yeah, JD came in here once in a while for a beer" or "oh yeah, he always bought his groceries here" or "yeah, he'd stop in for a cup of coffee now and again"? Where are these prople? Why isn't the media interviewing them? What can their recollections, no matter how insignificant they may be, tell us about JD? Honestly, he wasn't holed up on the farm for years...he had to get groceries, possibly run errands for other family members, take people to doctors appointments, get gas, etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Just a general question regarding confessions -

What incentive would he have to disclose additional information? Would a plea for life instead of death carry that much weight? (For someone who has been in prison before?)

Is it possible he'd get less than life? How does that all work? "We'd subtract 5 years for every body you can lead us to."

Genuinely curious.

I'm not a lawyer and I don't know specifics about any cases in Ohio, but some serial killers are offered "life instead of death" for their confessions.

In Washington state, Gary Ridgway, the Green River Killer, was given a life without parole plea bargain for not only his confession, but also for information about where to find many of his victims' bodies. However, there was no bounty of additional time off or anything. He ultimately plead guilty to 48 murders and was sentenced to 48 consecutive life sentences.

Dennis Rader, aka BTK, confessed and plead guilty to 10 murders, but he never reached a deal with prosecutors. He murdered his victims before the state of Kansas had adopted the death penalty so he never did face a death sentence.

Israel Keyes confessed to three murders, but was suspected of many more—and all over the United States. Investigators and prosecutors hoped to get him to confess to and tell them the locations of many more victims when he slashed his wrists and hanged himself in his jail cell.

At one point, Ted Bundy was offered a 75-year prison sentence in exchange for his confession to three murders. He didn't ultimately accept that plea bargain. Before he was executed, he did speak at length (but questionably truthfully) about many of the murders he committed.

Many serial killers seem to enjoy recounting their crimes. Ridgway clearly relished revisiting the sites where he had dumped the bodies of his victims.

If
Worley is a serial killer (***which is 100% speculation***) he might disclose additional information to re-live it, or to brag about it. He might want to get it off of his conscience, or he might even want the victims' loved ones to know what became of their daughters/sisters/friends. Worley doesn't seem very smart, so he might be the type to get off on showing law enforcement how he'd gotten away with murder for so many years.

Exactly, where are the people, who could say "oh yeah, JD came in here once in a while for a beer" or "oh yeah, he always bought his groceries here" or "yeah, he'd stop in for a cup of coffee now and again"? Where are these prople? Why isn't the media interviewing them? What can their recollections, no matter how insignificant they may be, tell us about JD? Honestly, he wasn't holed up on the farm for years...he had to get groceries, possibly run errands for other family members, take people to doctors appointments, get gas, etc.

I know of 2 people who encountered him through their jobs. One is a grocery store in Swanton where he was a regular customer

I agree with this. When my cousin was abducted and murdered 25 years ago my family had to endure the media and in the beginning, because my cousin's body had not yet been identified, the very first article (or one of the first) mentioned she was possibly a prostitute. She was 15 and a high school cheerleader. Throughout the visitation and funeral rumors ran rampant. I literally stood at her casket as an unknown to me person talked about how she had been beaten in the head and the funeral director did such a great job! We knew how she was killed, and part of the terror she endured, and I will never ever for as long as I am alive forget those details, but I can't say much about her killer because not much was covered about him by the media. She deserved more, my family deserved more, Sierah's family deserves more. I want to know about JDW because I believe families of potential victims need closure and I think tracking him and every disturbing or even mundane aspect of his life is the key to achieving that.

Also, I mean no disrespect when I mention my cousin in Sierah's threads. My heart aches so much in that familiar way no one should ever have to endure.

Hey all!
Is there a date set for JDW's hearing? or next court room appearance!

Thanks in advance! :seeya:

I agree with this. When my cousin was abducted and murdered 25 years ago my family had to endure the media and in the beginning, because my cousin's body had not yet been identified, the very first article (or one of the first) mentioned she was possibly a prostitute. She was 15 and a high school cheerleader. Throughout the visitation and funeral rumors ran rampant. I literally stood at her casket as an unknown to me person talked about how she had been beaten in the head and the funeral director did such a great job! We knew how she was killed, and part of the terror she endured, and I will never ever for as long as I am alive forget those details, but I can't say much about her killer because not much was covered about him by the media. She deserved more, my family deserved more, Sierah's family deserves more. I want to know about JDW because I believe families of potential victims need closure and I think tracking him and every disturbing or even mundane aspect of his life is the key to achieving that.

Also, I mean no disrespect when I mention my cousin in Sierah's threads. My heart aches so much in that familiar way no one should ever have to endure.

Your loss and how you relate your experience is important. No apologies are necessary.

I am sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing it.

I agree that I wish The Blade and local news would have waited until after the funeral to release the information they did, out of respect for the family. However, People magazine and other national news outlets would never have waited. Had The Blade waited, people in this region would have complained that local news was somehow backwards, slow to react. I think they did the best they could, within the constraints of doing the job of providing news. LE could have waited to release the details until after the funeral, so therein lies the root of the issue, IMO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree that I wish The Blade and local news would have waited until after the funeral to release the information they did, out of respect for the family. However, People magazine and other national news outlets would never have waited. Had The Blade waited, people in this region would have complained that local news was somehow backwards, slow to react. I think they did the best they could, within the constraints of doing the job of providing news. LE could have waited to release the details until after the funeral, so therein lies the root of the issue, IMO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Blade filed a motion in court to get the records two days before Sierah's visitation. The LE did not release any information on the SW. They made it clear that they would release information when they felt it was time.

http://www.toledoblade.com/Courts/2016/07/28/Hearing-today-on-Blade-s-motion-on-warrant-access.html

The other news organizations obtained the information due to the actions of the Toledo Blade.

Exactly, where are the people, who could say "oh yeah, JD came in here once in a while for a beer" or "oh yeah, he always bought his groceries here" or "yeah, he'd stop in for a cup of coffee now and again"? Where are these prople? Why isn't the media Interviewing them? What can their recollections, no matter how insignificant they may be, tell us about JD? Honestly, he wasn't holed up on the farm for years...he had to get groceries, possibly run errands for other family members, take people to doctors appointments, get gas, etc.

Respectfully BBM
I wondered this. There is a Fulton county community FB group, where people have made comments, that they
have seen him. Especially the gas station, some women who state they work there, were posting. I'm pretty sure that I can't link it here, as its people comments, but easily found if googled.

I couldn't agree with you more. The media outlets NEED to get on it and start doing exactly what you are are saying. The missing pieces are out there they just need to be uncovered and put together.

Thanks for sharing.

Neither LE nor the Media can win in situations like this. It would wear me out to be constantly ridiculed by the public day in and day out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clancehan