Australia - Khandalyce Pearce (Wynarka) and Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
No news? This case sure is dragging on.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

can some one please tel me when DH was last in court .

According to the article below, it was in December last year when he was charged with the murder of Khandalyce. He appeared in Parramatta Court on 15 December 2015. DH is due to appear in court again in September. Whether this will be a mention or a committal hearing is unclear at this stage.

Karlie Pearce-Stevenson's accused murderer Daniel Holdom charged over murder of toddler Khandalyce Kiara Pearce

15/12/2015

The man charged with Karlie Pearce-Stevenson's murder has now also been charged with the murder of her daughter Khandalyce.

Daniel Holdom, 41, was arrested at Parramatta police station this morning.

"We will be alleging in court that Khandalyce was murdered in New South Wales shortly after the murder of Karlie," Detective Superintendent Mick Willing said.

"I'm talking a number of days."

He said he expected Holdom to face Parramatta Local Court this afternoon.

No news? This case sure is dragging on.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

With DH being charged with not one but two murders and the considerable amount of fraud involved in this case, the investigation is bound to be lengthy and very thorough. DH is due to front court again in September and hopefully more will be revealed then, including who his accessories were before, during and after the fact.

With DH being charged with not one but two murders and the considerable amount of fraud involved in this case, the investigation is bound to be lengthy and very thorough. DH is due to front court again in September and hopefully more will be revealed then, including who his accessories were before, during and after the fact.

I guess the chances of a guilty plea lessen with every passing week?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess the chances of a guilty plea lessen with every passing week?

Absolutely! I don't think DH will ever plead guilty. He knows the system too well. We'll have to wait and see if a plea bargain eventuates but DH doesn't really have anything to bargain with. On the other hand I think that Passmore has already used her plea bargain card.

Just curious... why is the mother's surname Pearce-Stevenson and the daughter is simply Pearce?

A child can have any surname the parent/s choose, doesn't have to be the same as theirs.
Just curious... why is the mother's surname Pearce-Stevenson and the daughter is simply Pearce?

Maybe Khandalyce was born when her mother wasn't married to a Stevenson?

My half sister born in 1974 (died 1975 of brain cancer) had my mother's surname because Mum wasn't married to her boyfriend.

Just marking my place.
Haven't looked here for ages but just read the posts over the past few months and I'm totally confused.

:welcomeback: Jane. It got a bit rocky there for a while. Back to normal now though.

Maybe Khandalyce was born when her mother wasn't married to a Stevenson?

My half sister born in 1974 (died 1975 of brain cancer) had my mother's surname because Mum wasn't married to her boyfriend.

Honestly, I can't remember accurately why Karlie and Khandalyce had different surnames, after knowing of the terrible crime that befell both of those precious girls. I suppose it hardly seems important to me in the scheme of things. What is important to me is that the person/people responsible are brought to justice.

I am sorry for the loss of your sister, Paul; especially at such an early age and in from such devastating illness.

So are we expecting a summary of the charges by the prosecution and entering of a plea and setting a date for a trial?

Unfortunately not Wolfinator. That usually happens at a committal hearing. The 8 September court hearing is listed as a mention. This basically enables the prosecution to update the magistrate as to where they're at with proceedings. There may well be another four or five mentions before this case actually moves to a committal hearing where the magistrate will decide whether there is enough evidence to send the case to a trial.

IMO a committal hearing may not happen until either late this year or early in the new year and there certainly won't be a trial until next year. Unless of course DH pleads guilty in the interim. If that were to happen, he would be arraigned and sentenced but even that would take time.

Unfortunately not Wolfinator. That usually happens at a committal hearing. The 8 September court hearing is listed as a mention. This basically enables the prosecution to update the magistrate as to where they're at with proceedings. There may well be another four or five mentions before this case actually moves to a committal hearing where the magistrate will decide whether there is enough evidence to send the case to a trial.

IMO a committal hearing may not happen until either late this year or early in the new year and there certainly won't be a trial until next year. Unless of course DH pleads guilty in the interim. If that were to happen, he would be arraigned and sentenced but even that would take time.

I knew I'd be able to rely on you for the guidance! Thanks Makara.

Let's hope DH fast tracks the situation.

I can't remember if this article has been posted. Could someone who has a subscription post the parts relevant to Karlie and Khandalyce please?

The simple phone calls that broke baffling mysteries
The Advertiser
24 Jul 2016

'IT was the horrific discovery of a little girl’s remains in a suitcase beside an SA highway that prompted the biggest flood of calls to Crime Stoppers SA. When the right call came in, it solved a baffling mystery.'

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...igAMAA&usg=AFQjCNHzrw6UE7TuSePfp8oDweRHivzBUQ

I can't remember if this article has been posted. Could someone who has a subscription post the parts relevant to Karlie and Khandalyce please?

The simple phone calls that broke baffling mysteries
The Advertiser
24 Jul 2016

'IT was the horrific discovery of a little girl’s remains in a suitcase beside an SA highway that prompted the biggest flood of calls to Crime Stoppers SA. When the right call came in, it solved a baffling mystery.'

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...igAMAA&usg=AFQjCNHzrw6UE7TuSePfp8oDweRHivzBUQ

Never mind. I found a link from here:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1148467458558390&id=898763036862168

Posting here for others without a subscription

The calls to Crime Stoppers SA that cracked baffling murders in South Australia

Meagan Dillon, The Advertiser
July 24, 2016 8:47pm

KARLIE PEARCE-STEVENSON and KHANDALYCE PEARCE MURDERS

THE discovery of a child’s remains in a suitcase next to the Karoonda Hwy, near Wynarka, captured the nation’s attention. With limited information, police sought the public’s help to solve this baffling mystery.

Crime Stoppers received unprecedented call volumes from people, and it was ultimately two critical calls — the 1267th and 1271st — to Crime Stoppers that provided key breakthroughs that led to the identification of the remains of the young girl and her mother.

<modsnip>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member