KY KY - Crystal Rogers, 35, Bluegrass Parkway, 3 July 2015 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I missed so much the month I was sick. It's hard for me to catch up. :(

We are glad to have you back! :grouphug:

I'm just catching up after missing about a month too. The most important things you need to know are they've got Grandma's car and she's invoked her 5th Amendment right not to answer questions because she could incriminate herself, but they've just gotten DNA from her. And it looks like they'll get DNA from NH. Something is definitely going down!

Can anyone tell me whether they've gotten DNA from BH yet? I haven't seen much about him since they named him a suspect way back when. TIA

We are glad to have you back! :grouphug:

I'm just catching up after missing about a month too. The most important things you need to know are they've got Grandma's car and she's invoked her 5th Amendment right not to answer questions because she could incriminate herself, but they've just gotten DNA from her. And it looks like they'll get DNA from NH. Something is definitely going down!

Can anyone tell me whether they've gotten DNA from BH yet? I haven't seen much about him since they named him a suspect way back when. TIA

Thought they did but I cannot find any mention of it. Also can't recall if BH's home was searched. I remember the family farm was.

http://m.kystandard.com/kystandard/db_321818/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=SKeQdIfZ&full=true#display

The search warrant served on former Bardstown Police Officer Nick Houck last Thursday was for a search of his person for DNA evidence, Nelson Commonwealth’s Attorney Terry Geoghegan said Saturday afternoon.

“I would confirm that’s a part of it,” he told the Standard.

The Nelson County Sheriff’s Office has said the search warrant was related to the disappearance of Crystal Rogers, a young Nelson County mother who is presumed dead.

Keep checking in hoping for an update.
Find Crystal!

I'm hearing quite a bit of chatter around town and the Crystal Roger's family seems to be pretty positive about what's happening. I really think they're getting closer to the answers and closure they deserve. Every time I'm on the BG, my heart hurts when I pass her missing sign.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm hearing quite a bit of chatter around town and the Crystal Roger's family seems to be pretty positive about what's happening. I really think they're getting closer to the answers and closure they deserve. Every time I'm on the BG, my heart hurts when I pass her missing sign.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the update Julia :) So glad after months of nothing that Crystal's family may be able to finally get answers.

http://www.whas11.com/news/investig...ved-in-crystal-rogers-investigation/296541477
More search warrants served in Crystal Rogers' investigation

--snip

The Commonwealth Attorney Terry Geogehagen confirmed to WHAS11 other members of the Houck family were served search warrants and he expects more search warrants will be issued. One of those family members is Anna Whitesides, the grandmother of Brooks and Nick Houck, according to her attorney Jason Floyd. Floyd says Whitesides gave a cheek swab and hair sample yesterday.

Whitesides has recently been the subject of court hearings deciding if she should be forced to testify before a grand jury, specifically about a white Buick she previously owned. According to court documents, investigators believe this white Buick was used to dispose of a body, cleaned up and sold in an attempt to prevent them from finding evidence. Whitesides has invoked her 5th Amendment Right against self-incrimination.

--more@link.

http://www.whas11.com/news/investig...ved-in-crystal-rogers-investigation/296541477
More search warrants served in Crystal Rogers' investigation

--snip

The Commonwealth Attorney Terry Geogehagen confirmed to WHAS11 other members of the Houck family were served search warrants and he expects more search warrants will be issued. One of those family members is Anna Whitesides, the grandmother of Brooks and Nick Houck, according to her attorney Jason Floyd. Floyd says Whitesides gave a cheek swab and hair sample yesterday.

Whitesides has recently been the subject of court hearings deciding if she should be forced to testify before a grand jury, specifically about a white Buick she previously owned. According to court documents, investigators believe this white Buick was used to dispose of a body, cleaned up and sold in an attempt to prevent them from finding evidence. Whitesides has invoked her 5th Amendment Right against self-incrimination.

--more@link.

This is crazy.

Now they decide to ask for dna samples. And now feel like the grandmothers car was involved.

Btw. Shouldn't the cop/brother dna be on file; since he was a cop?

Idk.

It just seems like the department is truly fishing for now to make things look lively. Jmo

This is crazy.

Now they decide to ask for dna samples. And now feel like the grandmothers car was involved.

Idk.

It just seems like the department is truly fishing for now to make things look lively. Jmo

I don't believe LE would be able to do all they're apparently doing now to just be fishing to make things look lively.....search warrants, more coming down the pipe etc. I find it more than coincidence that as soon as the employee of BH was released for perjury charges that stuff started going down for one.

God bless the Ballard family and Anna Whitesides too. This is starting to look like one or more Houcks may have planned to use/manipulate grandma in the death and/or coverup of Crystal's death. Again, tragic in so many ways. It is truly a shame this woman must even endure this and I'm thankful she has a lawyer who seems to be protecting her from what she surely had nothing to do with. Justice is hopefully on the way so that both families receive closure.

I don't believe LE would be able to do all they're apparently doing now to just be fishing to make things look lively.....search warrants, more coming down the pipe etc. I find it more than coincidence that as soon as the employee of BH was released for perjury charges that stuff started going down for one.

You may be right.

But.

Election year usually has more higher ups demanding that things get done quickly and they don't like cold cases where there are people we can move on now and battle it in court later. Jmo.

This is crazy.

Idk.

Good question, Dex. I believe his fingerprints would be on file, probably required when he joined the force. Not so sure about his DNA. But if that isn't a requirement now, it sure should be for all law enforcement officers when they apply for employment. It would be a good screening tool to weed out the undesirables, and maybe solve a few cold cases in the process.

Good question, Dex. I believe his fingerprints would be on file, probably required when he joined the force. Not so sure about his DNA. But if that isn't a requirement now, it sure should be for all law enforcement officers when they apply for employment. It would be a good screening tool to weed out the undesirables, and maybe solve a few cold cases in the process.
I have a cousin who was an officer in another part of Kentucky for 2-3 years before moving to Florida. I asked her and just got this response "Fingerprints yes, no DNA unless they need to rule you out, like if cut or injured at scene"

But it's been about 4-5 years since she left Kentucky, so things might have changed.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

OT for just a minute ~

Just in case anyone else has somehow missed this message from Tricia, LIKE ME I am putting a copy in several threads that I post in.

Dear Websleuths Members,

Our wonderful Websleuths Administrator Bessie really needs our help.

Bessie's husband is battling Esophageal cancer. It has left him underweight and extremely weak. He is trying to regain strength so they can operate and remove the cancerous tumor.

Bessie's husband is the only breadwinner. Why? Because Bessie has spent all her free time helping run Websleuths. The time Bessie has volunteered to make sure Webslueths runs smoothly is immeasurable.

Since her husband's illness Bessie has been taking care of him full time.

A few weeks ago Bessie was shopping. She collapsed. Her heart stopped in the ambulance. Her heart stopped again in the ER. She was in a coma for days.
Through some
miracle,
Bessie is back home. She is weak but she is still taking care of her husband and trying to take care of herself too.

Bessie is on the verge of losing her home. The bills are piling up and there is no end in site.

If you can donate a single dollar
to Bessie
it will be a great help.

Many of you have offered me money to help with the cost of running Websleuths. I don't take donations but if you still want to donate please donate to Bessie.

If you enjoy Websleuths then you are enjoying Bessie's hard work.

It has been very hard to operate Websleuths without Bessie. It's only because of the rest of the hard working Mods and Admins that Websleuths continues on.

If you would like to use PayPal to make a donation to Bessie go to
www.paypal.com and enter email bessiesmith615@gmail.com

If you would rather donate through Bessie's Go Fund Me page please do so by clicking here

On behalf of Websleuths management thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,
Tricia Griffith
Owner/Websleuths.com

MESSAGE FROM DMACKY
MESSAGE FROM Dmacky added on:

Other problems they've had to include; their refrigerator breaking which flooded the kitchen, ceiling in their living room caving in, and more too numerous to detail here. The list of bad luck goes on.

Thanks Dmacky. I seen that the other day. Glad you posted it since I know a lot of WSers who don't use FB or follow WS on FB. I feel so awful for Bessie :(

JUSTICE FOR CRYSTAL! Mother of 5.

Agree 1 trillion percent.

Because our girl didn't have to die that night.

Especially with having so many people to cover her death up for her bull crap boyfriend whom had family connections to LE and whatever else. Jmo.

Now if the brother in law hid things while on duty.

Then her family needs to sue the crap out the department for a cop on duty (Iregardless of being brother in law ) messing with Evidence of a murder. Jmo.

Where the heck are the civil lawyers in this town. Geez.

http://nelsoncountygazette.com/?p=29802

Deputies and officers from other agencies arrived at the home at 1:20 p.m. Whitesides was not at home and her attorney, Jason Floyd, arrived at the home and provided investigators with keys to the home and the unattached garage. Floyd said Whitesides had suffered an injury and was not at home. Neighbors confirmed Whitesides had not been seen at the home recently.

Deputies — assisted by officers from supporting agencies — searched the Whitesides home and the two car garage, bringing several small bags — presumably possible evidence — out of each building. Officers were on the scene for about 2 hours. Officers would not confirm what sort of evidence was being sought by the warrant.

2d407c6b3149cc49deb126601f4fe669.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

http://m.wlky.com/news/deputies-search-home-of-murder-suspects-grandmother/41265232

And after more than two hours there, investigators went back to a judge to get another warrant to search the home of Houck's brother, Nick.

After a judge signed off on a second warrant, investigators went to the home of former police officer Nick Houck, who was fired after interfering with the investigation.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member