Brendan Dassey's Habeas Corpus Petition Granted

Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip>

Hi Dexter. Thank you, it's good to be back posting again.

I've been struggling with heath problems all summer, (ambulance rides, surgeries, hospital stays... uhhgg!).

I read when I could, but general anesthesia really kicks my butt, one more cardiac ablation to go, and I should be home free though!

I just hate to see all the hard work, and countless hours people put in, (Hey Missy! *waves*) reduced to sitting around watching tv. meh!

What a fabulous group you all are!

So awesome that Missy got Brendan freed! :) (No really, I think through sheer force of mental will power, she brought this about! Hahaha!)

OMG Safeguard.... if I had that kind of power.... my dishes would be done and my house would be spotless! LOL

I will say, I have read a tremendous amount of the documents (not all because, frankly, some are really boring LOL), I have researched endlessly to find more information about things I don't understand, I have a ton of bookmarks, I have learned a lot from reading other posts (here and elsewhere). I have my *opinions*, and I try my best to state when it's JMO, but I am about facts, or at least the facts as we know them right now.

And you know... I watched the Netflix series at the beginning of January when I saw "Petition to free Steven Avery" trending on my facebook.... I clicked the link.... saw it was a Netflix documentary, thought, hey, I have an hour or 2 to kill.... omg 10 hours later LOL I actually barely remember the show now. I only watched it once.

I hope your health is improving and it's smooth sailing for you now!

It sure is nice to see some posters returning now that we are seeing some progress!
:grouphug:

OMG Safeguard.... if I had that kind of power.... my dishes would be done and my house would be spotless! LOL

I will say, I have read a tremendous amount of the documents (not all because, frankly, some are really boring LOL), I have researched endlessly to find more information about things I don't understand, I have a ton of bookmarks, I have learned a lot from reading other posts (here and elsewhere). I have my *opinions*, and I try my best to state when it's JMO, but I am about facts, or at least the facts as we know them right now.

And you know... I watched the Netflix series at the beginning of January when I saw "Petition to free Steven Avery" trending on my facebook.... I clicked the link.... saw it was a Netflix documentary, thought, hey, I have an hour or 2 to kill.... omg 10 hours later LOL I actually barely remember the show now. I only watched it once.

I hope your health is improving and it's smooth sailing for you now!

It sure is nice to see some posters returning now that we are seeing some progress!
:grouphug:

Ditto, hugs!

You are so right, thank you!

A lot of work, from many awesome posters, went into these threads. Remember those towers & phone records, BCA? Missy?
Talking and reading for days on end about those darned bones!

Anyway,
so sorry to read you have health issues, and heart related too =( I do hope you have great support where you are & you are taking it easy =)

Have a great night everyone!

Hi Dexter. Thank you, it's good to be back posting again.

I've been struggling with heath problems all summer, (ambulance rides, surgeries, hospital stays... uhhgg!).

I read when I could, but general anesthesia really kicks my butt, one more cardiac ablation to go, and I should be home free though!

I just hate to see all the hard work, and countless hours people put in, (Hey Missy! *waves*) reduced to sitting around watching tv. meh!

What a fabulous group you all are!

So awesome that Missy got Brendan freed! :) (No really, I think through sheer force of mental will power, she brought this about! Hahaha!)

Hi Safeguard, I am fairly new to this thread and haven't posted with you before. I would like to say i am sending good thoughts your way in regard to your health. Sounds like you have been going through a lot, and Prayers all will be well with you, <3.

It's all good dexter<3. I still think magic bullet is a good word for it though, now you don't see it and now you do. Funny about that.

FOUR months later:laughing: you're so right!

That's some magic alright:copcar::cop:

Thanks Missy, for the well wishes. I really admire your work here. I have felt, at times, like a slacker haha! Many of the pertinent facts, I first learned from your posts. Truth is, you do a much better job of researching than I could ever do. I'm sure there were boring parts, yet you slogged on through. Thank you for all your hard work!

Maybe detective work is your calling. Your great at it, and you seem to enjoy it!

Karinna,
Thanks! Nice to *meet* you!
"Now you don't see it, now you do" LOL!
Yeah. You fit right in here! Awesome!
This still my favorite forum, It was really on fire for a while, then slowed down when Zellner took the helm. I knew she could find the answers, if anyone could and it sure is looking good!

Good night all, see you "tomorrow" Haha!

Thanks Missy, for the well wishes. I really admire your work here. I have felt, at times, like a slacker haha! Many of the pertinent facts, I first learned from your posts. Truth is, you do a much better job of researching than I could ever do. I'm sure there were boring parts, yet you slogged on through. Thank you for all your hard work!

Maybe detective work is your calling. Your great at it, and you seem to enjoy it!

Thanks Safeguard, it really is nice to know that all the searching and copying from documents is being read by someone and it has helped :D

Karinna,
Thanks! Nice to *meet* you!
"Now you don't see it, now you do" LOL!
Yeah. You fit right in here! Awesome!
This still my favorite forum, It was really on fire for a while, then slowed down when Zellner took the helm. I knew she could find the answers, if anyone could and it sure is looking good!

Good night all, see you "tomorrow" Haha!

Thankyou Safeguard and nice to meet you too, :) I just wish i had of seen and followed this case earlier, but better late than never i guess, and now am just praying for some real Justice in this case, and i think K. Zellner is the one to bring it.

Yes, minions are the perfect avatar, so I thought I would pop in long enough to join the crowd, lol. Fingers crossed for later today! ;)

Couldn't see where he says he was suprised. Says he was pleased when he found out why. If this ends up with a plea agreement he will be scratching his head though.

hmmm nothing yet? grrrrrrrrr LOL was hoping by the time I sat down to have coffee at the computer it would all be sitting her for me to read!

I do follow Tricia Bushnell, who is assisting Zellner and is part of the Midwest Innocence Project, she has been pretty quiet, with only a few retweets the last 24 hours. She made a comment on the weekend about having a busy week and talked about travelling. Bushnell is also the one that filed the extension back in May.

Sandy Greenman is retweeting comments about "today is the day", and just retweeted this.....

Sandy Greenman Retweeted
Journal Sentinel &#8207;@journalsentinel 21m21 minutes ago
Steven Avery's new Chicago-area lawyer has been ordered to make a court filing by Monday #MakingAMurderer
http://www.jsonline.com/story/news/crime/2016/08/24/key-steven-avery-court-filing-due-soon/89224980/

Just read this story about a man retried in a 25 yr old rape case. New DNA evidence pointed towards a different perpetrator. The jury found him innocent after deliberating for only two hours. I really don't understand why he had to be retried since exonerating evidence was available. I hope Brendan won't have to go through another trial.

"Man ruled not guilty in retrial of 1991 rape case

A jury on Tuesday found a man not guilty in his retrial in the rape and murder of a 77-year-old woman a quarter-century ago, after DNA evidence pointed to another man.
Anthony Wright was sentenced to life without parole in the October 1991 slaying of his neighbor Louise Talley, whose nude body was found face-down on a bedroom floor in her North Philadelphia home. Talley had been raped and then stabbed 10 times in the neck, chest and back with a kitchen knife.
Jurors spent less than two hours deliberating Tuesday before returning with the not guilty verdict.
The district attorney&#8217;s office agreed to a new trial in 2014 at the request of Wright&#8217;s defense team, led by the Innocence Project, after DNA tests showed that sperm found inside Talley&#8217;s body belonged to a former Philadelphia-area crack addict who died in a South Carolina prison.
Wright, 44, took the witness stand on Friday and again denied he had anything to do with the crime or had ever confessed.
&#8212; Associated Press"

Without reading the details IDK.... that sure seems like a huge waste of money. smh

1) because the hallbach family believes the evidence the cops told them about does not make them stupid. some people still do trust the police DA and judges.....sadly some people trust the wrong ones. i dont know if avery is guilty, and personaly, i think the guy is a psychopath regardless (burning a cat alive pretty much seals that for me) but brandan is just a scapegoat. an easy one.

2) about the rape case above, cops and prosecutors dont ever want to admit a mistake even when confronted with it. thats why melissa calusisnski is still sitting behind bars for something that never even happened.

IDK,
Interesting parallels in the Anthony Wright case... Coerced confession from a 20yr old, clothing stained with the vic's blood which family claims, did not belong to wright, and were not seized from their home as LE claimed. (none of wright's DNA on the clothes!).
http://6abc.com/news/1993-murder-conviction-overturned-by-dna/320080/

I read that a new trial was requested by the defence, so maybe they never filed for full exoneration? I'm hoping that detail makes the difference for Brandon!

The Halbachs know what happened and I find it insulting to them that people question their intellect and judgement. No one wants justice for Teresa more than they do. Its mind boggling to me that people feel they should actually watch the piece of garbage that is fraudently referred to as a documentary. Do they really need the painful reminder that their loved one is just a mere footnote in it? They were there. They sat through all the trials and know the brutal truth. Perhaps people should trust their judgement and support them instead of Teresa's callous murderers.
It's been a while since I've been here but can you point me to where it's been said what actually happened to TH? I mean, by actual evidence and not the story Kratz made up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998