Remains found confirmed as Jacob Wetterling/Suspect led LE to Remains #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should read the book Blink. It's all about how our brain utilizes patterns and expectations to make snap judgments and just how correct that judgment is.
I will definitely look it up. Thank you!

(BBM)
I like this post very much because the more we say, "Oh Jacob fought back and that is why he was killed." the more that smacks of victim blaming.

The more statements like, "Jacob fought and the other kid complied." the more that smacks of victim blaming. It also, in my opinion can make those other victims that lived or escaped feel like they should have fought back, or whatever. They are victimized again and again the more the media and posters write comments like that.

The TRUTH is this was a very large extremely strong deviant of a man and the fact that any of them lived is something of a miracle.

Place the blame where it belongs, on DH.

I do not see it as victim blaming at all. We are looking for an explanation of why Jacob was different . Why was he not let go, An explanation of him fighting could explain why. Not blaming.

(

Quite honestly if I were looking to correlate DH's behavior patterns with missing boys or just sexual assaults on boys in this age; I would look at his personal life and look for extended periods of high stress. Then I would go out from there to one state over from Minnesota. Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan, Nebraska, the southern end of South Dakota. When you start considering the possibilities for that far of a range, then we understand how sick this person really is.

I did this on NAMUS (easiest to search) for MN, SD, ND, IA, and WI in the age range 8-15 and literally the only ones that came up were the 3 boys from IA in the mid 80's and 1 14yo boy in ND from 2013.

I'd think he'd go out further than just the neighboring states. This one from 1997 in IN fits. A 13 yo boy was last seen on a road: https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/6718/37/

I believe we know exactly where Jarods attack took place, near Richmond, there is a church on the property now, this has been discussed before.

I am wondering how he got to the property where Jacob remains were found, that used to be well travelled Hwy 23, I doubt he walked from the road and I doubt he drove through the farm site unless someone lived there at the time that he was very close to. Is that the case? Or is there another way to drive onto the property from the backside of the trees.

Me too, That is a long way to go especially with a child,

I know people may not see the Morgan Harrington connection, but she was found quite a ways in on a farm. That farmer accidentally found her,IIRC.

Does anyone recall how that monster got Morgan way into that farm? It may help explain how DH got Jacob where he was found.

We know DH is very bold.

I will definitely look it up. Thank you!

I have that book. Read it awhile ago,but I think he says we should go,with our first impression. Something about analyzing data before all,kinds of other things come into play with the mind.

Personally, I think the burial site is mostly typical. It's a little close to the road and the dwellings, but it fits with Heinrich's character. His friend said he'd casually walk into a garage and rifle through the people's things. But, in a field at night while people are sleeping is pretty private. If there had been a dog creating a ruckus, he would have just gone to another field. He was a very bold guy.

To me, Heinrich mostly fits the disorganized/organized type personality. He had the trappings of the ultra organized offender with his military persona. Often, you'll see the sadists doing this, but Heinrich did not have the personal control or smooth command over others. He had to run out really fast and try and get somebody quick. He was impulsive. He took risks because of the urges of his specific paraphilia. It caused him to be less in control. He just got lucky most of the time. If DNA had been more advanced back then, they would have had him earlier.

This is an excellent post and should be put on billboards and included in parent magazines across the United States.

We often simply cannot conceive of the idea that people like DH not only exist but that their intentions are FAR from obvious at the time.

This just screams at how truly sick DH is. He is absolutely obsessed with boys this age. This woman is LUCKY. Very, very lucky. to think that the whole time he was talking to her, the whole time he interacted with her, BEFORE she even knew he had seen her and her sons, DH was plotting to get close to her. Not for her but for her sons. Specifically the 11 year old.

Shocking. What a lesson.

Absolutely! It's enough to make you puke what goes through their minds continually. It's all they think about. They are highly sexually aroused by their fantasies almost ALL of the time.

I am really hoping authorities did not make a deal with DH that will avoid any prosecution for JW murder. It makes me sick to think they are only going to prosecute him for child *advertiser censored*, and now with all the publicity regarding JW remains being found, DH's attorney will now ask for a change of venue.

I think the whole JS ad JW investigation was botched and authorities had this in their shadows the whole time.

On a related note, how as defense attorney do you defend garbage like this? A PD probably does not have a choice. I cannot imagine DH has the resources to hire a private attorney.

Me too, That is a long way to go especially with a child,

I know people may not see the Morgan Harrington connection, but she was found quite a ways in on a farm. That farmer accidentally found her,IIRC.

Does anyone recall how that monster got Morgan way into that farm? It may help explain how DH got Jacob where he was found.

We know DH is very bold.

Not being familiar with the area, is it fair to say that the location where Jacob was recently found is about 30 miles away from the abduction sight?

Personally, I think the burial site is mostly typical. It's a little close to the road and the dwellings, but it fits with Heinrich's character. His friend said he'd casually walk into a garage and rifle through the people's things. But, in a field at night while people are sleeping is pretty private. If there had been a dog creating a ruckus, he would have just gone to another field. He was a very bold guy.

To me, Heinrich mostly fits the disorganized/organized type personality. He had the trappings of the ultra organized offender with his military persona. Often, you'll see the sadists doing this, but Heinrich did not have the personal control or smooth command over others. He had to run out really fast and try and get somebody quick. He was impulsive. He took risks because of the urges of his specific paraphilia. It caused him to be less in control. He just got lucky most of the time. If DNA had been more advanced back then, they would have had him earlier.

What do you think? Did he stop with hands on abuse after,Jacob?

I am really hoping authorities did not make a deal with DH that will avoid any prosecution for JW murder. It makes me sick to think they are only going to prosecute him for child *advertiser censored*, and now with all the publicity regarding JW remains being found, DH's attorney will now ask for a change of venue.

I think the whole JS ad JW investigation was botched and authorities had this in their shadows the whole time.

On a related note, how as defense attorney do you defend garbage like this? A PD probably does not have a choice. I cannot imagine DH has the resources to hire a private attorney.

In an article posted on here somewhere, it is stated that the Wetterlings would have to agree to any deal made. As has been said, that is the decision that is the one that counts.

The taxpayers will pay for his attorney.

My BIL is an attorney though not criminal. I asked him how lawyers could defend vile criminals. He asked me what kind of system would I want? He said that to him, this is the best system there is. Unfortunately, I feel he is right. I sure don't want something like Iran, for instance. We still end up with a lot of people, mainly of color, who are prison for unjust things.

Not being familiar with the area, is it fair to say that the location where Jacob was recently found is about 30 miles away from the abduction sight?

It appears to be. I think some posters know where the actual site is. I hope they answer

I agree with all you said, except that they actually had him 9 months BEFORE Jacob was taken. They just lost sight of him.

What do you think? Did he stop with hands on abuse after,Jacob?

No, I don't think so. He would have just gotten more paranoid and cautious.

I agree with all you said, except that they actually had him 9 months BEFORE Jacob was taken. They just lost sight of him.

I don't think they had the level of evidence they needed to put him away or the advancements in DNA detection we have today.

I believe an earlier poster indicated the distance between the abduction sight and the location where Jacob was found was approximately 25 miles.

I have read some statistical reports which show that most serial killers have very well defined geographic areas of operation. They typically have a comfort zone—that is, an area that they are intimately familiar with and where they like to stalk and kill their prey. The comfort zone of a serial killer is often defined by an anchor point such as a place of residence or employment.

While I don't think that DH was a serial killer, just my opinion. His MO as a sexual predator, at least what we know of his history, certainly seems to fit the description of someone operating in their comfort zone.

(BBM)
I like this post very much because the more we say, "Oh Jacob fought back and that is why he was killed." the more that smacks of victim blaming.

The more statements like, "Jacob fought and the other kid complied." the more that smacks of victim blaming. It also, in my opinion can make those other victims that lived or escaped feel like they should have fought back, or whatever. They are victimized again and again the more the media and posters write comments like that.

The TRUTH is this was a very large extremely strong deviant of a man and the fact that any of them lived is something of a miracle.

Place the blame where it belongs, on DH.

This is how I feel too. Jacob died because DH decided he was the child he was going to kill and that's it. This idea that he must not have been a compliant good little boy is disturbing to me on so many levels. Jacob is dead because DH decided to kill him. DH's violence and desperate need for control escalated to the ultimate control...deciding who gets to live and who gets to die.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rangelmcguire