Found Alive Australia - Mark, 51, & Jacoba Tromp, 53, Jenolan Caves, NSW, 30 Aug 2016

I wonder if the wife tried to get away from him when she ended up in Yass?

I agree with the sentiment, but I also had a thought--What if HE was trying to get away from HER? He drove off in the car and apparently left her there. She has not been released. What if the wife was the main one with mental health issues driving this whole trip? Maybe he stayed missing so long because he was hiding from her or worried he killed her/left her for dead by driving off? These are all just guesses though and it does seem we may not find out what really happened. I think a DV situation could go either way, although I agree it is usually the man who is the instigator.

I agree with the sentiment, but I also had a thought--What if HE was trying to get away from HER? He drove off in the car and apparently left her there. She has not been released. What if the wife was the main one with mental health issues driving this whole trip? Maybe he stayed missing so long because he was hiding from her or worried he killed her/left her for dead by driving off? These are all just guesses though and it does seem we may not find out what really happened. I think a DV situation could go either way, although I agree it is usually the man who is the instigator.

Good points there Gardener1850.

I would be quite surprised if drugs were involved here. I'm getting mental health vibes. And I've questioned some kind of religious fundamentalism from the start, however, so far there's no evidence of this.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

When it comes to mental health, I think the ones who stay in hospital aren't necessarily the sickest, but are more likely the more vulnerable and the ones who want to heal.

I can't see who notified the police and gained entry into their house to see that their 'things had been left behind.

If paranoia reined who did they tell they were going towards Jenolan Caves? They must have trusted someone to contact the media.

How did LE know where they were heading?

Early reports said that Ella and Riana reported them missing to police after they (the sisters) left Janolan Caves.

Ella abandoning Riana is the weirdest thing to me. Ella said it was because they wanted to get home in different ways. That's insane. Maybe Riana didn't want to be in a stolen car. I think she was hiding from Ella in that blokes ute at the servo. Ella couldn't find her and just left.

Why didn't Mitch contact someone straight away? He was just like Nope, off you all go in the least safe circumstances.

Not sure if already posted but I don't remember reading it...

Could be Carbon Monoxide Poisoning.
With gradual poisoning (slow leak, maybe from a generator or something), paranoia and other bizarre behaviours can occur.

Sounds like the son made a batch of DATURA in the blender, mixed with berries from the family farm... Stuck his datura mix in the fridge to take to a party he and sister were going too on the Saturday night..

After hard day on the farm Dad comes in to relax, goes for an Ice cold VB, and instead mistakenly gets the datura mix out of the fridge thinking wow what a great son I have, making everyone a smoothies and so he serves everyone a glass of fresh Berry DATURA infused smoothies...

By Sunday night the Datura hallucinations have kicked in and dad is hearing voices from the 5g tower and voices emitting from the mobile phones. Everyone who had a smoothie is flipping out and dad thinks the place is bugged. Tells everyone to get in car so we can get out of here... son tries to convince them to stay but there all going so he jumps in car with rest of them... He is starting to think what have I done!!. Family debates - We're in Australia is there a cell phone dead zone, jenolan caves - lets go there....

Family get to Bathurst - son explains what he has done. They go nuts and kick him out of the car..... The family arrive at jenolan caves and Ella thinks wow this is too much I need to get out of here and takes her older sister who is also tripping badly and leaves the Mum and dad To trip alone... She steals car to drive home...

Sisters arrive in Goulburn and Ella confesses she knew of Datura mix and other sister flips out... Dad mum still going mad all across NSW.

These events have DATURA poisoning written all over it. It's nasty stuff.

Look it up guys - it's the worlds worst Drug and it kills and leaves you messed up for Days and has after affects which go on for weeks, months and years later.

How could the father drive a car if he took DATURA?

Early reports said that Ella and Riana reported them missing to police after they (the sisters) left Janolan Caves.

Ella abandoning Riana is the weirdest thing to me. Ella said it was because they wanted to get home in different ways. That's insane. Maybe Riana didn't want to be in a stolen car. I think she was hiding from Ella in that blokes ute at the servo. Ella couldn't find her and just left.

Why didn't Mitch contact someone straight away? He was just like Nope, off you all go in the least safe circumstances.

Yeah that horse story is horse you know what! I mean, I dare say she was concerned for her horse but for a supposedly close family they didn't stick together very well.

Mark Tromp apologises for hurt, concern caused by bizarre family road trip
ABC News/AAP
Updated Tue Sep 06 11:37:07 EST 2016
Posted Tue Sep 06 11:18:23 EST 2016

'Mark Tromp, the man at the centre of a bizarre interstate family trip last week, has apologised for the "hurt and concern" caused by the saga.'

'In a statement released by a relative, Mark Tromp said his family had been through "a difficult period".

"We will soon be reunited and together," he said.

"I hope that we will begin to make sense of our ordeal and return to a normal life," he said.

Mr Tromp expressed his gratitude to Victoria and New South Wales police for their help.

"Without reservation, I apologise for the hurt and concern caused by these events," he said.

He also thanked health care professionals who had looked after the family's "physical and mental wellbeing".

'"More than anything, my family and I need time to recover and receive appropriate assistance, including mental health services," Mark Tromp said.

"To this end, we request the media organisations respect our request for privacy."'

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-09-06/mark-tromp-apologises-for-puzzling-family-road-trip/7818562

Well after requesting privacy from the media, it's not going to be a good look if they sell the story to someone

So the girls reported their parents missing? Presumably to the police. And then Ella steals a car to get home??

That was never going to end well. And Riana crawls under the tarp of a farmers ute. Did she think he was going to drive her home? Mitch left first, but didnt call the police. Why would he leave his sisters in this strange situation knowing they had no phones, nor transport?

I cant figure out what is going on.

I know ... really!

Why was he angry then, and seems apologetic now??

Weird! Just weird!!

Two days have passed, possibly giving him a chance to calm down (or take some medication), plus the influence of his brother and others telling him this has to be done, and, I suspect, writing the statement for him.

So the girls reported their parents missing? Presumably to the police. And then Ella steals a car to get home??

That was never going to end well. And Riana crawls under the tarp of a farmers ute. Did she think he was going to drive her home? Mitch left first, but didnt call the police. Why would he leave his sisters in this strange situation knowing they had no phones, nor transport?

I cant figure out what is going on.

Mitch seems to be the most level-headed one in the family. When he got out of the car, I suspect he assumed that his sisters would remain with the parents. I think he really does know what is going on but is too afraid of his father to speak.

If someone showed me any of the pictures from their FB before the trip, or their media appearances afterwards, without knowing the context I would guess they are boyfriend and girlfriend. Head to head, entwined fingers, full body hugs - not saying this is wrong per se, but it is unusual and I would say most people who are affectionate with their grown siblings are so in subtly less intimate ways.

Gotcha! I had read the transcripts and only watched part of one video ( low on data!). I completely understand what you're saying and agree it does look unusual.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288