Is there anyone that believes Ross is innocent?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My main opinion throughout the case is that Ross meant to drop off Cooper at daycare, but since he was running late (again), he thought he'd make a quick appearance at work and then bring Cooper to daycare. He planned to leave Cooper just for a few minutes, imo. I don't think it was the first time - I suspect Ross had left Cooper in the car in the past and his wife knew that.

Once he was inside the office, Ross got distracted by his nasty texting habit and forgot Cooper in the car. I think he remembered Cooper either before lunch or at lunch, and then spent the afternoon figuring out how to make it look like an accident. If he had fessed up at that point, I think people would believe it was an accident.

But, he tried to cover it up and faked the "discovery" in the parking lot. That was a dumb move, imo, and indicates he knew he had been neglectful.

He's definitely guilty of neglect that caused his son's death. Absolutely. It was not an "accident," but neglect.

Did he intend to kill his son.....that's where I have doubts.

jmopinion

I agree with this. I am curious why you think his wife knew he had previously done this? Time has went by and my memory fades but I can't remember thinking she knew the shenanigans he did, and imagined him a perfect dad and hubby

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with this. I am curious why you think his wife knew he had previously done this? Time has went by and my memory fades but I can't remember thinking she knew the shenanigans he did, and imagined him a perfect dad and hubby

Yes we do forget waiting so long. didin't she say , on the first
day "not again" as to leaving Cooper in the car? He must
have done it before. Too much on his mind !

My main opinion throughout the case is that Ross meant to drop off Cooper at daycare, but since he was running late (again), he thought he'd make a quick appearance at work and then bring Cooper to daycare. He planned to leave Cooper just for a few minutes, imo. I don't think it was the first time - I suspect Ross had left Cooper in the car in the past and his wife knew that.

Once he was inside the office, Ross got distracted by his nasty texting habit and forgot Cooper in the car. I think he remembered Cooper either before lunch or at lunch, and then spent the afternoon figuring out how to make it look like an accident. If he had fessed up at that point, I think people would believe it was an accident.

But, he tried to cover it up and faked the "discovery" in the parking lot. That was a dumb move, imo, and indicates he knew he had been neglectful.

He's definitely guilty of neglect that caused his son's death. Absolutely. It was not an "accident," but neglect.

jmopinion

This is what I think may have happened too. :cry:

jmopinion
IDK, if he planned on making an appearance at work and then taking Cooper to daycare, I think he would've parked in a more convenient place.

September 10, 2016

Trial of dad in boy's hot car death restarts 275 miles away

Four months after the first attempt to seat an impartial jury failed, the trial of a metro Atlanta man charged with murder after his toddler son died in the back seat of a hot SUV is starting over — this time 275 miles from the scene of the death.

Justin Ross Harris is charged with intentionally killing his 22-month-old son, Cooper, by leaving the boy sweltering in his car seat on June 18, 2014, outside Harris' workplace.

The case proved too sensational for Harris to stand trial in the Atlanta suburbs. After nearly three weeks of jury selection in April and May, a Cobb County judge decided intense media coverage had left too many in the jury pool with strong opinions about Harris, who moved to Georgia in 2012 from Tuscaloosa, Alabama.

The judge ordered that the trial moved to coastal Glynn County, where a second attempt at picking a jury is scheduled to begin Monday.

WHAT HAPPENED?

Police have said Harris' son spent about seven hours inside the SUV outside the Home Depot offices where Harris worked as a technician. Temperatures in metro Atlanta that day in June climbed into the high 80s.

Prosecutors say Harris left the toddler to die on purpose. They say he was unhappy in his marriage, was seeking online and in-person romantic relationships with other women and had researched websites promoting a child-free lifestyle.

WHY DID THE TRIAL MOVE?

In April, the judge and attorneys in the case had about 250 potential Cobb County jurors fill out a 17-page questionnaire. Over the course of nearly three weeks, more than 80 were interviewed individually about the case. Many said they believed Harris was guilty. Others said they would try to be fair, but it would be difficult.

WHAT'S THE NEW LOCATION?

Harris will now be tried in Glynn County, located on the coast about 60 miles south of Savannah. Potential jurors will be pulled from a diverse population that includes blue-collar workers in the port city of Brunswick and upper-class retirees on neighboring St. Simons Island.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/09/10/trial-dad-in-boy-hot-car-death-restarts-275-miles-away.html

-------------------------------------

GOOD ARTICLE SNIPPED A BIT DUE TO TOS

IMO, just too much reasonable doubt to secure a conviction of malice murder.

I honeymooned at Villas By The Sea in Brunswick/St. Simons Isle/Jekyll & Sea Island September 1984 when I was 18.
I don't think Mr. Ross will be staying in such a nice place while in The area.
I doubt he will get those horrible sand fleas either.

Is he guilty? Yes, of sexting with other women and being on questionable websites. Was he negligent? Yes, he left his child in the car all day and his child died. He obviously had a habit of cheating on his wife but that does not mean he purposely killed his child. The site he was on about living single seems to be one of the reasons police think he is guilty. Many men cheat and fantasize about their life but it does not mean they do not love their wife or children. Not taking up for men, just stating facts.

Is he a jerk? Yes. Is he a disgusting excuse for a husband? Yes.

I do not think he intentionally left his child in the car to die. I remember one of the witnesses on the stand who was in the parking lot when Ross realized his son was in the car. His testimony about Ross being totally devastated that he could feel his pain had an impact on my decision.

However, once the trial begins and more evidence is introduced I might change my mind to guilty.

I think the the thing that makes me believe that he did it was his online search to see how long it takes someone to die in a hot car.

And that he reversed his car into the parking spot. And went back to his car with the light bulbs.

I think the the thing that makes me believe that he did it was his online search to see how long it takes someone to die in a hot car.

I agree---i never once have thought to Google that one. It gets so darn hot in Georgia. I often wonder if it were beer in the back instead of a child....

Is he guilty? Yes, of sexting with other women and being on questionable websites. Was he negligent? Yes, he left his child in the car all day and his child died. He obviously had a habit of cheating on his wife but that does not mean he purposely killed his child. The site he was on about living single seems to be one of the reasons police think he is guilty. Many men cheat and fantasize about their life but it does not mean they do not love their wife or children. Not taking up for men, just stating facts.

Is he a jerk? Yes. Is he a disgusting excuse for a husband? Yes.

I do not think he intentionally left his child in the car to die. I remember one of the witnesses on the stand who was in the parking lot when Ross realized his son was in the car. His testimony about Ross being totally devastated that he could feel his pain had an impact on my decision.

However, once the trial begins and more evidence is introduced I might change my mind to guilty.

That witness was one of several, and all the others commented on how JRH didn't attempt CPR on Cooper, and he also didn't call 911. He just got on the phone to call the daycare, then wouldn't get off the phone and yelled obscenities at the police officers when they arrived and wanted him to get off the phone, and then lied and said he hadn't called anyone!

jmopinion

I think this is the most likely scenario. I don't think any of the online/on phone stuff we know about at this point, including the searches and posts and sexting, proves anything other than Harris was very immature, unhappy, had a chip on his shoulder, and didn't want to fully assume the responsibilities he had, especially after things didn't go his way (being turned down for a promotion, etc).

Intentionally killing his own son makes no sense to me psychologically or in terms of the facts we know. Leaving Cooper in the car at his workplace and forgetting him while he juggled texting 6 women (including one minor) does sound perfectly plausible. As does the possibility that Harris remembered just before lunch that he'd left Cooper in the car, knew that Cooper was most likely dead, and came up with an excuse to go to his car at lunch. I think he threw the lightbulbs into the car knowing that Cooper would be screaming if still alive, and that silence meant Cooper had to be already dead.

I believe the witness in the parking lot, later on, who saw Harris express grief -- he hadn't had a chance to do that yet, and though I think Stoddard wasn't completely truthful on a number of points, I believe him that by the time Harris reached the police station he was focusing on what would happen to him, not grieving Cooper's death.

When was that search, do you know? I think probably most of us have googled that, ourselves. :( If it was weeks before the death happened, I'd think he was just noodling around after reading news articles. If it was that day - that's a whole different thing.

Does anyone know when?

SS, it is obvious to me that this was a premeditated act of child endangerment, child abuse, and child neglect that led to the death of little Cooper. It's been 2 years since I was on the Cooper threads. However, the brutal death features involving Cooper's inner core temperature rising; and him pulling his hair out; and him beating his little head against his too tight car seat, made an indelible impact that propels me to follow this murder trial.
:cow:

I have not read entire thread....but can someone answer this....Ross is charged with felony murder, no death penalty as I can find. Can that charge be reduced to a lesser charge of man slaughter or 2nd degree murder by the jury? Or is there another option?

When was that search, do you know? I think probably most of us have googled that, ourselves. :( If it was weeks before the death happened, I'd think he was just noodling around after reading news articles. If it was that day - that's a whole different thing.

Does anyone know when?

BBM

--snip
Before his son's death, Harris had visited a Reddit page called "child-free" and read four articles, Stoddard said. He also allegedly searched how to survive in prison.

Among the other details police have released is that Harris and his wife, Leanna Harris, told them they looked up how hot a car needed to be to kill a child.
Five days before Cooper died, Ross Harris twice viewed a sort of homemade public service announcement in which a veterinarian demonstrates on video the dangers of leaving someone or something inside a hot car.

Leanna Harris told police that she had recently seen a story on a state initiative aimed at reminding people not to leave children in cars and that it was a fear of hers, Stoddard said.

Ross Harris "stated that he recently researched
, through the Internet, child deaths inside vehicles and what temperature it needs to be for that to occur," police have said, adding that Harris told investigators "he was fearful that this could happen."

jmopinion

This has been my theory since early on in the case. Not sure I agree that Ross remembered Cooper right before or at lunch tho. I'm on the fence about that. At that point, how did he know Cooper was beyond being resuscitated. I think the sudden realization that you left your child in the car would bring on a spontaneous reaction that could not be controlled. It's hard to believe he would be able to hold it together and not show any emotion at all. I do believe he purposely left him in the car after he arrived at Home Depot for the reasons you stated. I'm just not sure at what point he remembered. Also not sure he really forgot Cooper was in the car. I think he was so caught up in his sexual activities, he was oblivious to everything else. I don't believe it was planned or that he intended to harm Cooper tho. IMO

The only thing I know with certainty is if he were my husband, he'd be dead and I'd be the one on trial today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brew23p