Identified! Oh - Eastlake, Whtmale 454umoh, 70, Alias 'jnchandler Iii', Jul'02 - Robert Ivan Nichols

This guy is kind of interesting: Edward Howard Maps

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3928dmpa.html

The age is off by about 10 years
Height and weight is good
Navy/Marine Corps connection

The timeline seems to match up OK, admittedly I didn't check it side by side though.

I'm new to this case. Why is this man seen as a probable fugitive while Lori Ruff/Lori Kennedy (another stolen alias Doe) is just a woman escaping from a bad past?

I'm new to this case. Why is this man seen as a probable fugitive while Lori Ruff/Lori Kennedy (another stolen alias Doe) is just a woman escaping from a bad past?

Heh, good question.

It might be an example, or some analogue, of this psychological phenomenon. Then again, men have higher crime rates than women, so the odds of a man with a stolen identity being a criminal are probably higher than the odds of woman with a stolen identity being a criminal (leaving aside the crime of stealing the identity itself).

very interesting thread!! I have enjoyed reading it, along with the case notes and crime scene photos .. just thinking along, I personally don't think he was an escaped convict, because he kept a clean record for over 20 years .. I would think someone with a history of breaking the law wouldn't be able to just lay low .. or am I crazy to think that?? :blushing:

I am going to do a little more digging as well and see what I can come up with!!

very interesting thread!! I have enjoyed reading it, along with the case notes and crime scene photos .. just thinking along, I personally don't think he was an escaped convict, because he kept a clean record for over 20 years .. I would think someone with a history of breaking the law wouldn't be able to just lay low .. or am I crazy to think that?? :blushing:

I am going to do a little more digging as well and see what I can come up with!!

In any crime committed by a group, one participant has the weakest lawyer...and it just might have been the person with the least involvement in the crime.

Might have been the smartest & so able to escape and then maintain cover.

It might be an example, or some analogue, of this psychological phenomenon. Then again, men have higher crime rates than women, so the odds of a man with a stolen identity being a criminal are probably higher than the odds of woman with a stolen identity being a criminal (leaving aside the crime of stealing the identity itself).

The other factor is that Lori Ruff was in her 20s, or possibly even teens, when she chose to disappear. This man was in his late 30s at least (and possibly as old as 50) by which time he had an established adult identity. He might not have had the psychological strength to continue with that identity, of course, but he had at least two decades as an adult behind him.

It also would be rare for a man's physical safety to be threatened after he has escaped an abusive domestic relationship, but comparatively common for a woman.

There's also more physical evidence - eg available fingerprints- in the Ruff case and a smaller pool of possible fugitives.

Nothing is proven of course and they're still only assumptions but they are not purely gender stereotypes in my view.

Well... do you have a credible theory about what Lori Ruff is a fugitive from? If so, go share it on her post. Do you have a theory about how this guy was fleeing abuse or violence? Then share it on this post. You're as much part of the community here as anyone else is, if you want to ask the community why a theory hasn't been put you also need to ask yourself why you haven't put forward a theory to that effect too because you are part of this community. If you're just here to complain about what other people do and do nothing yourself to get the outcomes you want then that's not nice. That's you setting yourself apart from the community then expecting the community to jump to your tune.

Be the change you want to see.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/w/waggoner_david.html

David Wayne Waggoner disappeared in 1971 from Pasadena TX. He was a marine for 4 years. He quit his job a few weeks before he disappeared because it bored him.

waggoner_david.jpg
454UMOH1.jpg

Classito

Saw the article (and video) today:

FIRST LOOK | Infamous Cleveland cold case suspect may be named

U.S. Marshals have identified a possible last name for a John Doe who committed suicide in Eastlake back in 2002.

The man had been living as Joseph Newton Chandler, but that was an identity he stole and investigators have been trying to figure out why for a few years now.

WKYC Channel 3’s Hilary Golston is now the first to bring you a new break in the case, because of a newly utilized method.

A forensic genealogist has linked the mystery man to the last name Nicholas or Nichols.

Colleen Fitzpatrick, founder of IdentiFinders International is based out of Southern California.

http://www.wkyc.com/news/local/firs...land-cold-case-suspect-may-be-named/372013817

Very interesting! A quick search for missing Nichols/Nicholas turned up Darrel Nichols. The age, height, and eye color are all slightly off, but the timing is curious.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/7512/7/

"J N C " was likely born in 1935 give or take 5 plus years. Darrel Nichols would have been born around 1956, so not a possible match but always interesting to sleuth other missing cases.

ETA Darrel was born in 1955 but Charley Project said few details available in the case, sad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suesleuth
Back