FL FL - Eva Ridall, 15, Bradenton, 1 May 1977

In comments Eva's sister has contacted Namus according to this article, the composite scetch seems very like Eva to me

http://www.excelsiorspringsstandard...-public-help-in-identifying-skeletal-remains/

Maybe someone can post side by side?

That is me asking her sister to contact NamUs.

Glad to see there's a DNA sample now.
NamUs MP # 33753 - Eva Ridall - DNA Status: Samples submitted - Tests not complete

40 years later, search for a missing child continues - by Steve Beynon, Digital Content Producer - posted Wednesday, August 31st 2016, 4:07 pm EDT - Updated Wednesday, August 31st 2016, 4:07 pm EDT

Eva Ridall went missing on May 1, 1977 from Bradenton, Florida when she was 15-years-old.

Now, the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children has released a progression photo of Ridall, who they believe traveled to the Cincinnati area at some point.

I am a bit confused. On Ancestry there is a school yearbookrecord for 1978 (the year after Eva went missing) for Walnut Hills High Schoolin Cincinnati. The record includes an image file of the yearbook pages whichclearly shows Eva. It is possible, of course, that the school included her as away of preserving hope. However it certainly means one of two things; eithershe was a pupil at the school in 1978 or she had been a pupil there immediatelybefore her disappearance. If the latter it again raises the questions of whatshe was doing in Florida, and what was her family status at the time (and why,on her return to Cincinnati, she met a cousin rather than closer family orgoing to the family home). Were they just on holiday in Florida and, if so, whydoes the police notice refer to ‘her home in Bradenton?

I am a bit confused. On Ancestry there is a school yearbookrecord for 1978 (the year after Eva went missing) for Walnut Hills High Schoolin Cincinnati. The record includes an image file of the yearbook pages whichclearly shows Eva. It is possible, of course, that the school included her as away of preserving hope. However it certainly means one of two things; eithershe was a pupil at the school in 1978 or she had been a pupil there immediatelybefore her disappearance. If the latter it again raises the questions of whatshe was doing in Florida, and what was her family status at the time (and why,on her return to Cincinnati, she met a cousin rather than closer family orgoing to the family home). Were they just on holiday in Florida and, if so, whydoes the police notice refer to ‘her home in Bradenton?

Good find. Walnut Hills High School - Remembrancer Yearbook (Cincinnati, OH) - Class of 1978 Text from page 110: Eva Ridall

Clarification.... She was alive and in Cincinnati at the time. The photo / yearbook that is being referenced is the 1975 yearbook. She was in 8th grade which if my math is correct would make her the class of 79. She doesn't appear in the 1976 yearbook. I gather at some point in 1976 she either moved to Florida or changed school districts.

That particular yearbook is on classmates.

Clarification.... She was alive and in Cincinnati at the time. The photo / yearbook that is being referenced is the 1975 yearbook. She was in 8th grade which if my math is correct would make her the class of 79. She doesn't appear in the 1976 yearbook. I gather at some point in 1976 she either moved to Florida or changed school districts.

That particular yearbook is on classmates.

Do you have a classmates link?
I was still having my coffee and waking up; wanted to try to find the link. That was what I was able to find. I guess it didn't register to me that it said class of 78 and showed she was in the 8th grade.

I was looking through a slideshow of Rodney Alcala's photographs and saw an image of a young woman that strongly resembles Eva. I have no idea when Alcala took the photo, which could make the difference to whether or not Eva would be excluded.

Eva Riddal - Alcala victim.jpg

(Eva's photo is shown on the left)

I'm getting ready to run errands, this is the best I can do for now. Really hard to say if the nose is the same. Eva's looks more upturned then the Alcala girl.

There really isn't any way to confirm it's Eva if it is unless someone remembers her being with Alcala. I turned in photo #40 as Eileen Hynson, no way to confirm/ deny.

attachment.php
attachment.php

attachment.php

It's not her. She was ID'd a long time ago. Alcala took these photos during his stay in NYC in '68-'71.

How did she come up with Mattingly as an alias? Family name, or maybe that of a boyfriend or classmate? Could she have eloped?

There are quite a number oh Mattinglys in Bradenton Florida, also in Ohio so not easy to make a connection.

FL – Eva Marie Ridall, W/F, 15, Bradenton, Manatee Co, 01 May 1977

Eva Marie Ridall

1975.JPG 1.JPG 2.JPG 4.JPG 6.JPG

**First Names; Aubrey, Natasha, Victoria Surname Mattingly

Missing From: Bradenton, Manatee County, Florida

Physical/Clothing/Medical
Race:
White
Sex: Female
DOB: 08/23/1961
Height: 5’6” (66”)
Weight: 120-140 lbs.
Hair: Light Brown (Dyed or Bleached Blonde)
Eye Color: Blue / Hazel
Clothing:
Jewelry:
Characteristics
/Medical/Scars: Homemade tattoo done at age 12 on ankle possibly initials
Transportation:
Fingerprint Status
: Available
Dental Status: Not Available
DNA Status: Available

Circumstances:
Eva was last seen in Bradenton, Florida it is believed she ran away from home. A cousin stated that Eva was seen in Cincinnati, Ohio and had either taken a plane or bus to get there. The cousin was told Eva was going to California.

Investigating Agencies:
Bradenton Police Department
100 10th Street W
Bradenton, FL 34205
Tele: 941.932.9300
MP Case # 2016-004756
MP Case # 184269
Web: Bradenton Police Department - City of Bradenton

Information Sources:
NAMUS
MP Case #33753: Missing Person Case
Case Manager: Carrie Sutherland
Tele: 817.202.5931
E-Mail: Carrie.Sutherland@unthsc.edu

NCMEC # 1269494 - Have you seen this child? EVA RIDALL

The Doe Network 3856DFFL - 3586DFFL - Eva Marie Ridall

The Charley Project - Eva Marie Ridall – The Charley Project

News/Blogs:
8/13/16 – Fox19 - 40 years later, search for a missing child continues
08/31/16 – WFLA - New photo released of woman who vanished from Bradenton at age 15 in 1977
09/14/16 – WorldNow - 40 years later, search for a missing child continues

Rule Outs as of 07/18/18

UP1567
06/01/1987
Knox TN

UP8419
01/16/2001
Isle of Wight VA

UP6796
11/18/1985
Alleghany VA

UP2128
08/14/1977
Snohomish WA

UP9864
02/14/1982
Coconino AZ

UP6629
02/03/1991
Frederick VA

UP6642
08/07/1986
Chesterfield VA

UP8579
01/25/1981
Hanover VA

UP12683
06/06/2014
Newport News VA

UP6150
11/07/1998
Stafford VA

UP1513
07/15/1982
Warren NJ

I remember Eva from elementary school. I guess we went to the same high school for a year, too, but I don't remember seeing her then. She was a grade behind me, but in elementary school I'd see her in the lunchroom and on the playground. She was a very friendly girl. I had no idea she was missing until I was researching another missing person about a month ago. I recognized her picture immediately.

Then, yesterday on FB I saw a drawing of a teen I'd seen before, but this time when I looked at the face I saw a resemblance to Eva. Does anyone know whether the Walker County Jane Doe in Texas has been looked into as a match for Eva? I almost dismissed the idea because on one website it stated as fact that the UID was 14 when she died. But, I don't know how reliable that website is.

On the Doe Network, it's Carl's drawing that I think resembles Eva (the other drawings, not at all). DN gives an age range of 14-18 (Wikipedia gives a range of 14-20). But there was something that stood out to me on the website:

A waitress working at the Hitchin’ Post truck stop on Interstate 45 said the girl came into the restaurant the same evening and again, asked for directions to the Ellis Unit, saying she had a friend there. A map was drawn for her and she departed. The waitress asked the girl how old she was and the girl responded 19. The waitress thought that was an obvious lie and then asked the girl if her parents knew where she was. The young girl replied, "Who cares." The waitress then asked her where she was from. The girl replied the Aransas Pass / Rockport area. It has not been verified that the girl was the unidentified victim.
91UFTX

BBM Eva would have been 19 years old in 1980 when the body was found, so the girl may have been telling the truth and just looked young for her age, if this was Eva.

I wonder if Eva met with someone in Cincy who she was planning to travel to Cali with. If they were heading to SoCal, it's possible they headed south and ended up in Texas where they stayed.

I'm really saddened to think Eva might be deceased, especially at the hands of a monster as a teenager. But, if the Walker County Jane Doe is Eva, her family deserves answers.

They both have their DNA in CODIS so they are probably not the same person. I think she's been suggested as WCJD before but nothing's been ruled out by law enforcement, according to NamUs.

I remember Eva from elementary school. I guess we went to the same high school for a year, too, but I don't remember seeing her then. She was a grade behind me, but in elementary school I'd see her in the lunchroom and on the playground. She was a very friendly girl. I had no idea she was missing until I was researching another missing person about a month ago. I recognized her picture immediately.

Then, yesterday on FB I saw a drawing of a teen I'd seen before, but this time when I looked at the face I saw a resemblance to Eva. Does anyone know whether the Walker County Jane Doe in Texas has been looked into as a match for Eva? I almost dismissed the idea because on one website it stated as fact that the UID was 14 when she died. But, I don't know how reliable that website is.

On the Doe Network, it's Carl's drawing that I think resembles Eva (the other drawings, not at all). DN gives an age range of 14-18 (Wikipedia gives a range of 14-20). But there was something that stood out to me on the website:

91UFTX

BBM Eva would have been 19 years old in 1980 when the body was found, so the girl may have been telling the truth and just looked young for her age, if this was Eva.

I wonder if Eva met with someone in Cincy who she was planning to travel to Cali with. If they were heading to SoCal, it's possible they headed south and ended up in Texas where they stayed.

I'm really saddened to think Eva might be deceased, especially at the hands of a monster as a teenager. But, if the Walker County Jane Doe is Eva, her family deserves answers.

Have been trying to tie pieces of this family together, here goes..
Her mother Lynda Joyce Carter married a Patrick E Wadsworth in 1958
Name: Patrick E Wadsworth
Birth Date: abt 1942
Marriage Date: 22 Feb 1958
Marriage Place: Sandusky, Ohio, USA
Father: William Wadsworth
Mother: Genevive Debo
Spouse: Lynda Carter
Film Number: 000511727

They divorced August 1969 after 11 years of marriage stating 2 children

Name: Patrick E Wadsworth
Residence: Sandusky
Spouse's Name: Lynda J Wadsworth
Spouse's Residence: Sandusky
Marriage Duration (Years): 11
Number of Minor Children: 2
Grounds for Divorce: Gross Neglect/Extreme Cruelty
To Whom Decree Granted: Wife
County of Decree: Sandusky
Decree Date: 14 Aug 1969
Cerificate Number: 21303
Volume Number: 2056

The two I could find from that marriage is
Patricia Lynn Ridall born 1958 from a baptism ceremony, however I’m not convinced she was adopted as her marriage is under the name Wadsworth
The other one is her son Timothy Dean Ridall born September 1961, however again his is married under the name Wadsworth.
From the fathers obituary it seems Lynda was the Stepmother to Eva (her birthdate is August 1961) and two others?
View Robert Ridall's Obituary on thenews-messenger.com and share memories
On September 23, 1969 he married the former Lynda Joyce Carter and she survives. Also surviving are daughters, Priscilla Ann Ridall, Florida; Eva Marie Ridall; Rachel Dellinger (Tim) Florida; and children by marriage, Patricia Lynn Wadsworth-Elzein (Youssef), Dayton, and Timothy Dean Wadsworth (Jennifer), Clyde;

Will now have to dig some more to be sure. I wonder how the family dynamic was although the parents married in 1969 and she didn’t run away until 1977. I’m just trying to get all names correct as it can be difficult searching around to find any trace of her , especially with her other aliases.

They both have their DNA in CODIS so they are probably not the same person. I think she's been suggested as WCJD before but nothing's been ruled out by law enforcement, according to NamUs.

The issue with CODIS is there appear to be different levels where someone may not be compared which actually happened with a gal named Rita. Of course I can't find it in my email notifications, if I remember right, it was before you started adding Does to wiki. She and her BF were found in different states just like Pemiscot Jimmy and Kim. Wish my memory was better this early in the morning but it will come to me at some point.....

One of the members here had ID'd them. The guy Doe wore a NV *advertiser censored* house T-shirt I believe; he had skipped out on the military. Anyway, in his thread when it came out she was also ID'd I said what am I missing? She was in NamUs as an MP with mother and siblings DNA, the Jane Doe was in CODIS with DNA as it was clear they were murdered. I sent Todd Matthews a FB PM; he didn't know why it never matched, he assumed the CODIS sample was not at the level to be included in the search/match. I really should have asked more questions but I didn't; so it just goes back to we really can't know what gets compared after NamUs hid where the DNA is.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back