Dr. Phil Interviews Burke Ramsey (9/12 & 9/13 2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did JR specifically identify that large black flashlight as being the one he used to see his way to taking Burke to bed? The one found in the kitchen that mysteriously had no fingerprints on it or the batteries inside?

And did BR identify the same flashlight?

Or did they just say there was a flashlight JR used (but didn't identify that one)?

I agree. IMO The murder was way to sophisticated for a 9 year old boy with Burk's laid back personality to carry out. The murder was so evil.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I disagree all he had to do was hit her , which he openly admitted he swung the golf club at her before ( and my autistic child can easily cover up things , she is much more awkward too!!!!!

BINGO! So Burke witnessed her "kidnapping/murder" or he did it.

X-Files -- yes, precisely!!!

With this new info from BR, it is very plausible to imagine a scenario where he uses the flashlight to sneak back downstairs to play with the toy and while out of bed decides to make himself a snack of iced tea and pineapple. Since he's just a kid, he uses the "too big spoon" that PR says she would never use to serve the kids pineapple with. And since he's just a kid, he doesn't clean up or clear the dishes (like he said was typically done in the house) from his snack.

We don't know for a fact whether or not BR used the flashlight to go back downstairs (BR says he "can't remember" when Dr P asks him about this), but somehow that flashlight found its way from upstairs back downstairs again and into the kitchen after it was used by JR to put BR to bed. It seems logical to me that BR would've used the flashlight to "sneak" back downstairs so as not to awaken anyone else in the house. The word "sneak" implies "stealth" to me, so I think it's plausible to assume that he did use the flashlight when he got out of bed and went downstairs.

Here's what I ask myself -- is it possible that while BR is downstairs, JBR wakes up (either because she hears BR up and about or because she has wet the bed -- we know that her sheets were urine-stained based on police report) and then goes downstairs to see what BR is up to? Maybe she wants to play too? We know there was no sign of struggle in her room. We know that it looks like the covers of her bed are just pushed back like someone would naturally do if getting out of bed.

And is it possible that after she goes downstairs, there is some sort of squabble over the pineapple? Maybe she grabs a few chunks out of BR's bowl and this sets him off? We know from transcripts of BR's taped interviews with law enforcement that he did have "issues" with people touching things that belonged to him. I can't recall which book I read this in (I believe either Kolar's or Thomas's), but I remember reading that the interviewer took a sip out of BR's soda can (or cup) by mistake, and this was very unsettling to BR. I believe BR made some comment about it now being "ruined" or something similar.

I agree. IMO The murder was way to sophisticated for a 9 year old boy with Burk's laid back personality to carry out. The murder was so evil.

All he had to was hit her and then the cover up by the parents . I think he was jealous of all the attention that she constantly received and if he does have behavioral problems was prone to lashing out and he had already shown he was capable of hitting her. How many brothers and sisters use a golf club to hit a sibling ?

I don't believe any of the comments posted on this forum are meant to be nasty. They are posts from people giving their thoughts and reactions to small snippets of BR, his perceptions and his world. The purpose of the forum is to discuss thoughts and not malign anyone. Until someone has history of BR's mental and social abilities, one can only theorize based upon what they see.

I personally think that portions of the interview are very revealing, in regards to the anxiety and tension elicited by some questions asked. However, the same can be said of PR and JR. No one knows what happened in that house that night. We all are just wondering and making comments. I really do not believe that any poster on Websleuths would intentionally be nasty about BR. I feel for him and his traumatic past and how he has been hounded all of these years. However, if I, or anyone on this forum, responds to this interview with a question or idea or an insight they have, I do not think that is being nasty....just stating an opinion.

This is JMO

I disagree all he had to do was hit her , which he openly admitted he swung the golf club at her before ( and my autistic child can easily cover up things , she is much more awkward too!!!!!
What about the stun gun, the garrot, the unknown DNA? Wrapping her in a blanket? A lot of planning. The crime in my opinion speaks of someone (a stranger)who was obsessed with JS. The Ramsey's hosted an open house Christmas party days before the murder. Perfect opportunity for a child predator to scope out the house and plan a break in when the Ramsey's were gone. The stranger probably was in the house hiding when they got home that night lying in wait.

Interesting answer.

Wonder where he thinks the head trauma happened.

The thing is, someone--intruder or one of the Ramsey's-- in the house DID hit her in the head. How is it he'd think he hear a a family member, which I think is what DP is alluding to with the question, but DIDN'T hear an intruder do it?

Interesting answer.

Wonder where he thinks the head trauma happened.

He might have got into a fight with her over a toy and hit her with a golf club, or premeditated it.

There was nothing sophisticated about clobbering someone over the head in anger. That's actually very primitive behavior, a moment or 2 of rage. And the use of a weapon (like a club, a BB bat or something hard that provides leverage) could be accomplished by even a child of 9.

Everything else flowed from that head blow.

Coverup, obfuscation, lying, finger pointing, staging.

The thing is, someone--intruder or one of the Ramsey's-- in the house DID hit her in the head. How is it he'd think he hear a a family member, which I think is what DP is alluding to with the question, but DIDN'T hear an intruder do it?

Yeah. The house is huge. So it's very likely he wouldn't have heard it (if he was indeed in his bed). Besides that, SOMEONE did struck her in the head. And supposedly others in the home didn't hear it. So his answer doesn't really make sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Instead of thinking about what happened to JBR as "a murder," think of this in terms of two separate events.

1. A head bash by someone in a temporary moment of rage.

2. The effort to make that head bash look like something else entirely. The changing of the scene, the staging, the ransom note, all tell-tale clues that the head bash came first and everything else was meant to get people thinking it's something else altogether (a kidnapping).

I find it sad that so many think BR is creepy because of a grin that seems inappropriate at times. I don't think he was grinning because he was on DP or being interviewed about the murder of his sister. IMO he has social development issues, you can see this as well, in his interview as a child.

I agree. And I'd just like to add that it's no wonder Americans are afraid to admit to mental health issues like depression. There's a stigma, and I don't like to feed it.

I don't believe any of the comments posted on this forum
are meant to be nasty - Bitz

Either do I Bitz.
they're
just human reactions.

So were people offended when Dr. Phil referred to Burke's demeanor (the grinning) as "atypical behavior?" Or is that deemed okay?

I would hope not. His behavior was atypical. Various reasons for it, but atypical

Through the years while most are convinced the ransom note was written by Pasty its the ransom note that has made me feel they weren't involved and other things found at the scene. The Ramseys aren't uneducated bumbling fools by any means. So why would Patsy write a ransom note that pointed more toward them being involved than an unknown killer.

From what I have read John's bonus check wasn't for $118K in even money. Anytime bonuses are given there are many who will know about the transaction beforehand and when it is written. People in offices talk and it isn't uncommon to comment on who got a bonus and the amount given.

So why would Patsy putdown $118K knowing that would look suspicious for them?
Why would Patsy use her own notepad to write and rewrite the ransom note if she was trying to blame some unknown?
Why would she leave the notepad in their home to easily be found? Even elementary children know how to pencil shadow over a piece of paper to make the writing become visible?
Why would she use her own paintbrush and leave it at the scene?
If she was pretending that JB had been kidnapped then why hide the body in their own home? If they were going with the ransom claim then they would have removed JBs body from her home.
They had no set time to call 911 and plenty of time to remove anything that pointed to them. They did not. Why would Patsy write a ransom note making her family look suspicious if they were trying to get away with this? The ransom note is the very thing that has convinced me that none of the Ramseys are involved. No killer writes a ransom note bring suspicion on themselves. IMO

Imo, whoever wrote the ransom note was highly intelligent and they knew the suspicion would be cast on the Ramseys immediately by the way it was written. That was purposefully done, and sadly it worked and that is why the killer choose the 118K and it became the ransom amount.

I do believe they knew the killer of their child. How well I don't know but well enough to write a ransom note they knew would point toward the Ramseys and away from them.

And Patsy is supposedly is calmly writing and rewriting all of this when the child she loved more than anything on earth is lying dead brutally murdered? Nope, I don't believe it for one second. There is no way that Patsy Ramsey would have left JB looking like she did when discovered either. She was obsessed with JB and her beauty and when found JB would have been looking like a little sleeping Princess. IMO.
PR wasn't an experienced criminal. She wrote a Hollywood version of what she thought a ransom note sounds like. I doubt she was thinking ahead very much or anticipating questions about the length, the notepad and pen, or the bonus amount. I do think that if JR had written the note, he would have been smarter about it and he would have made sure the body was found outside the home.

But she did change her handwriting sufficiently enough that experts are unable to definitively say she wrote it. In that sense, the ransom note was very successful in helping cast reasonable doubt on their involvement.

So are we certain Burke as Aspergers or any of these "developmental issues" people are claiming? Unless this is 100% known, then I find nothing wrong with pointing out how creepy and inappropriate his grinning and smiling and demeanor is.

IMO, all we can say is he seems socially awkward and demonstrates atypical behavior.

I was editing to say the same asyousay!!!!!! LOL great minds and all....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998