Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Bohemian do we know whether any residents anywhere on Benaroon owned cars matching the two car descriptions?

@Bohemian do we know whether any residents anywhere on Benaroon owned cars matching the two car descriptions?

I don't and I can't speak for other WSers, but no doubt Strike Force Rosann investigators would have compiled a list from multiple interviews and available data sources, eg; vehicle registrations, etc.

The timing of William's arrival/abduction has always baffled me too. Speddo having connections to William's bio family probably relayed the info that he would be at the house that day. He went there early unannounced (maybe planning a snatch or maybe not) and the opportunity presented itself. Remember, BS wiped his call records from his phone that morning. Did he make a call saying, hey, guess who I see, do you want me to get them? Or there could have been a much sinister plan....I wonder

JMO

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Whether it is true or not if BS erased the calls made on his cellphone that day, I'm sure police would easily have obtained the logs from the cellphone carrier, and would know exactly which numbers were called and which numbers had called him, and LE would have looked closely into who those individuals were.

Whether it is true or not if BS erased the calls made on his cellphone that day, I'm sure police would easily have obtained the logs from the cellphone carrier, and would know exactly which numbers were called and which numbers had called him, and LE would have looked closely into who those individuals were.
Oh yes, absolutely, but they are keeping that close to the vest...

The words of dear Colin I assume....

Police seized his telephone records and those of William’s grandmother as they have checked his statement that he had a missed call from the grandmother that morning and tried to call back but could not get through.

A friend of Mr Spedding’s said yesterday that police had questioned Mr Spedding about “why the phone calls were no longer in the call log on his mobile phone.”

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...l/news-story/a92dc8eaef8d7a48f25e7673fd7f2cf1

Is it a fact that BS has connection to WT's bio family, i don't recall reading anything about that in MSM?
6 degrees of separation.........

Karinna I agree that BS's van would have been very obvious in the street that morning. If BS was intent on abducting William (or his sister), IMO he would not have used his own sign written van to do so. He may well be behind the abduction (we don't know what the police know) but I seriously doubt if this was a planned abduction BS would have used his own van to do so.

Also possible that he was in the area anyway in a different car and chucked in the part and the tools just in case the family were home. I have a friend who is a tradie who often does this on the way out with the family if it is a simple repair. It is possible to me that he knew exactly what the machine required to be fixed and was out with one of his 'knockabout mates' or one of the family perhaps??? and took the part as he was planning on driving past and dropping in if they were home. Or at least trying to appear as if that was his plan.

Also possible that he was in the area anyway in a different car and chucked in the part and the tools just in case the family were home. I have a friend who is a tradie who often does this on the way out with the family if it is a simple repair. It is possible to me that he knew exactly what the machine required to be fixed and was out with one of his 'knockabout mates' or one of the family perhaps??? and took the part as he was planning on driving past and dropping in if they were home. Or at least trying to appear as if that was his plan.

Entirely possible Wexford.

I still recall in those early days ....
some people were commenting on a report that a dark model car was seen pulled off the side of the road (Barter Creek Road) and appeared to be suspicious as there was no driver and what was decribed as a large woman sitting in the passenger seat.

This story seemed to disappear very quickly so no one could find the source to confirm it.....now taken in context this was before BS was even identified as a POI...... It was also around the same time the police shifted their search area to Middle Brother Forest.

The only glimpse into that report having any credibility came weeks later when a driver said a truck driver had told police about a black Camry he saw several (3) times in that area that day........this report was apparently checked out and dismissed by police......
But was it really?? .....police don't have to show all their cards.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/police-st...yrell-3-turns-up-nothing-20140919-10j9tj.html

An aerial view of a car parked across the road from the grandmother's house. This was captured on 19 September 2014.

aArMI7R.jpg

Wow, and look at what kind of car it is? And what color it is?

We've seen photos in MSM of a white car parked in almost the exact spot well after William disappeared.

Isn't it strange that it has been said then, that the two cars had not been seen ever since the morning when WT disappeared?

I'm also confused as to why the placement of the 2 vehicles would pose such a red flag based on that they weren't in the driveway of whomever they were visiting... since it seems that often vehicles are parked on the side of the road, even though the properties and the driveways are large. For example.. even when days later it was reported in MSM that BS's white van was on the street.. it was parked on the street, and he was servicing that washing machine at the time, if I am not mistaken.. I believe he admitted that he was at the street and property on 2 dates only, those being the few days before the disappearance when he first came to look at the washing machine, and the few days after the disappearance when he actually came to repair it. It seems there could be many reasons for not parking in someone's driveway. I know with my own property, we have a very large driveway, but sometimes visitors park on the road.. which seems crazy, but in fact it is them being polite, not knowing whether they might ultimately be blocking someone else from getting into their regular spot in the driveway. Or say if someone has leaking oil from their vehicle, they might have enough consideration not to mess up someone else's driveway.

On http://maps.six.nsw.gov.au/ images (late 2012) on a Benaroon driveway there were a white station wagon and a grey sedan parked next to each other.

Also there was what looks like a grey sedan (obscured by tree shadow) on the road at the top end of Ellendale (correction), despite the big driveways.

I'm also confused as to why the placement of the 2 vehicles would pose such a red flag based on that they weren't in the driveway of whomever they were visiting... since it seems that often vehicles are parked on the side of the road, even though the properties and the driveways are large. For example.. even when days later it was reported in MSM that BS's white van was on the street.. it was parked on the street, and he was servicing that washing machine at the time, if I am not mistaken.. I believe he admitted that he was at the street and property on 2 dates only, those being the few days before the disappearance when he first came to look at the washing machine, and the few days after the disappearance when he actually came to repair it. It seems there could be many reasons for not parking in someone's driveway. I know with my own property, we have a very large driveway, but sometimes visitors park on the road.. which seems crazy, but in fact it is them being polite, not knowing whether they might ultimately be blocking someone else from getting into their regular spot in the driveway. Or say if someone has leaking oil from their vehicle, they might have enough consideration not to mess up someone else's driveway.

Could be any of those reasons .....

Could be what WhiteLion said ..... a tactical trap....
Could have been a strategic move on police, to flush out TJ car if they suggested through the 60 minutes program. ....that a car similar to his wifes car was in the area. Police don't have to tell the truth to get at the truth.

And it did flush out this apparently "scrapped" vehicle.

We have heard the word strategic, statedgy ..... used very much in this case. .... a year ago...it wasn't a stratedgy to offer a reward...today it is .....

I think about William every single day.

I believe his disappearance was carefully planned and don't believe he was just "snatched" by a paedophile in that short time frame.

William was taken out of daycare that day as a surprise for Foster Grandma, so no-one knew they were arriving there at that precise time.

The person would have had to be watching William at the location of his daycare centre, then followed them to Foster Grandma's house, then waited.

It's a dead end street and there is no reason to go down that street unless you live there, are visiting someone, or Bill Spedding to fix the washing machine.

Perhaps someone took William on behalf of the biological dad and is holding him, as I know all family members have been "cleared".

Cases like this are too personal. I think William is alive.

Unfortunately, I don't feel that the reward of $1,000,000 will solve this case, as the person responsible for holding William is not interested in the money, Keeping William hidden is more precious to them than the money (if they think they can get away with it)......MOO.

The $1,000,000 isn't applicable to the person responsible for holding William, since they are highly involved in this crime... but rather, someone who might suspect that that person might be holding William, or took him, or did something that day, etc. To *that* person, that money could potentially be very meaningful and make it worth it for them to call it in. Here's hoping...

From what i have understood BS was told not to come by the house for the repair, and as far as i'm aware BS's van would of been very obvious in that isolated area/street. Wasn't he supposedly somewhere else when WT went missing doing another repair? I'm sure the police would of checked that out wouldn't they as to where he did that repair and for whom?

i think bs was "having coffee with his wife" when william disappeared then went to dunbogan to do another repair in the afternoon

Although this article concerns the wrongful conviction in another high-profile NSW homicide, the general theme is a timely reminder of why the NSW Police, Coroner and DPP need to conduct the investigation phase of William's case without bias toward a particular suspect's case theory, until they have enough evidence to progress to the arrest phase.

Let's not round up the usual suspects
Professor David Dixon
Dean of Law
University of NSW Australia
08 Mar 2012

'The thread that connects many miscarriages has been that police and prosecutors have allowed suspicion to harden into belief in guilt before adequate evidence has been collected. Once committed to such ''case theories'', police and prosecutors have looked for support for their belief, and discounted evidence that inconveniently does not fit.'

'Case theories can be encouraged by a suspect's failure to fit social norms - by belonging to a unfamiliar [or feared] group [...] or having newsworthy associates...

The best explanation for such theories is not malevolence or incompetence, although these sometimes come into play. It is the way we think. We tend to look for factors that align with our assumptions and beliefs and to overlook those that don't.

Such assumptions are encouraged by social and media pressure, demanding that the authorities identify and hold to account the perpetrators of appalling crimes.'

'Saying we need ''closure'' has become one of the cliches of our time. We have to accept that sometimes we won't get it, and that uncertainty is preferable to a wrongful conviction.'

http://newsroom.unsw.edu.au/news/law/lets-not-round-usual-suspects

Do any of you feel a coincidence that it was only after William's foster dad left the house to make his business call, that William went missing?

If my memory serves me correctly, as soon as she realised William was missing, foster mum rang him immediately to ask him if William went with him, causing foster dad to race home immediately to start the search, as he was hysterical.

Foster grandma's property having no fences was a security hazzard.

I can imagine William's foster mum regrets having taken her eyes off William (for that short time to go in and make that cup of tea) haunts her to this day..... So so sad to even try to imagine how that would feel.

I really don't like to say this but I wonder at times if William had an accident at the house (e.g. like falling from that extremely high deck).

There are still many questions that need to be answered. As respected journalist, Caroline Overington stated, the public will never know the truth about what really happened to William. I wonder how much she knows, that we don't. It appears that there is much more to this case than meets the eye.....MOO...:thinking:

In regards to BS, I think the relevance of missing phone logs, not being remembered by people he named the day WT disappeared etc. depends on the time he gave a 10 page statement to police. I always assumed those inquiries were made in the January, nearly 4 months after the event. You know what they say about assumptions. He may have been interviewed more discreetly at the house, when he went to repair the washing machine, as abduction was suspected and he had been at the house earlier in the week that WT vanished. He would also feature in the FGM and FM's statements about what had occurred prior to the disappearance. If the question marks around his alibi were known to police in the first couple of weeks of the investigation, then I get it. If they came up in the January, then I there are some logical explanations IMO.

Do any of you feel a coincidence that it was only after William's foster dad left the house to make his business call, that William went missing?

If my memory serves me correctly, as soon as she realised William was missing, foster mum rang him immediately to ask him if William went with him, causing foster dad to race home immediately to start the search, as he was hysterical.

Foster grandma's property having no fences was a security hazzard.

I can imagine William's foster mum regrets having taken her eyes off William (for that short time to go in and make that cup of tea) haunts her to this day..... So so sad to even try to imagine how that would feel.

I really don't like to say this but I wonder at times if William had an accident at the house (e.g. like falling from that extremely high deck).

There are still many questions that need to be answered. As respected journalist, Caroline Overington stated, the public will never know the truth about what really happened to William. I wonder how much she knows, that we don't. It appears that there is much more to this case than meets the eye.....MOO...:thinking:

It's a hinky case for a hinky crime. I have shared all your doubts. It's not just that DCI Jubelin has publicly cleared the family, it's the fact that senior politicians and Bravehearts are willing to stake their reputation on that statement and have done so now for over a year that leads me to believe, that is truly what they believe. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member