GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 Aug 2014 - Enrique Arochi kidnapping trial #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, but my nagging intuition says lying is not the same charge as kidnapping. I know I'm being annoying. I apologize. I'm truly worried Bc we NEED EA to tell us the truth. We need to know what happened to her in order to find her.

I'm hoping for a miracle and it's just never going to happen. In my heart, I know she was in that trunk. I just don't think I know what happened from there. And that's with 2 years of thought.

Please don't let him walk without telling the truth. Please please please.
No, lying isn't the same. But he said she never got in his car. The evidence says she almost certainly did. There is always the tiniest chance her DNA got there and she wasn't in the trunk and I think that is why I'm so pissed off right now. I want them to prove it without a doubt. I know he did it. But there could be jurors who think like we do. You're in there hearing "I don't know", "maybe", and "it's likely" instead of YES or NO which is what I like to hear so that I can make a logical decision.

But anyway...everyone else except maybe 4 of us think he's 100% done for so I'm assuming they're right. It just worries me because the defense can come up with reasons for literally all of the evidence presented so far.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Question: if det couldn't even get his head under the car how did arochi get it so clean? Had to have been done by his carwash place

Question: if det couldn't even get his head under the car how did arochi get it so clean? Had to have been done by his carwash place

I was wondering the same thing. Do car wash places actually raise a car up and detail the undercarriage like that? I think the automatic car wash has an option for washing the undercarriage but would that get it really clean? If it's only six inches off the ground how could he do it himself? I wonder if they have receipts from a car wash place.

Unfortunately, we can't know what she was on and in what quantities. From my understanding, she weighed less than a hundred pounds. I can not say how her body would react to all the chemicals she was feeding it. And, even with some insider knowledge, no one can say for sure what all she took that night. All we know is she was distraught and "throwed." This worries me. Not Bc I think drugs make her responsible for her disappearance, but because it creates holes in every theory. Drugs suck.

We know that she was far gone enough that her boyfriend testified that he was worried about her driving. So....

Again, anything could have happened, except that EA testified that she was never in the car. It would be different if he'd said, "We left and smoked a joint, or did a line of coke, then I took her back to the parking lot and dropped her off (a) at her car, (b) with "bodyguard," Barry, or SN, or HF, or (anyone else). or (c) until Uber/Cab came, and I don't know what happened after that."

But, that isn't what he told police. He flat told them she was never in the car.

Lying surely isn't kidnapping. But, it doesn't help EA that his testimony is what it is. The only way one of these other scenarios plays out - and, none are farfetched based on the cast of characters - the defense would have to call him as a witness, and he'd have to give some new story, possibly opening himself up for perjury or obstruction based on what he originally told police.

Sloppy DNA presentation or not - blood, saliva, hair, toe nail, whatever...it just doesn't look good for him based on what his story to police has been.

I was wondering the same thing. Do car wash places actually raise a car up and detail the undercarriage like that? I think the automatic car wash has an option for washing the undercarriage but would that get it really clean? If it's only six inches off the ground how could he do it himself? I wonder if they have receipts from a car wash place.

Car washes clean undercarriage with sprayers, but, car washes do not lift a car so someone could (manually) scrub or wipe. IMO

We know that she was far gone enough that her boyfriend testified that he was worried about her driving. So....

Again, anything could have happened, except that EA testified that she was never in the car. It would be different if he'd said, "We left and smoked a joint, or did a line of coke, then I took her back to the parking lot and dropped her off (a) at her car, (b) with "bodyguard," Barry, or SN, or HF, or (anyone else). or (c) until Uber/Cab came, and I don't know what happened after that."

But, that isn't what he told police. He flat told her she was never in the car.

Lying surely isn't kidnapping. But, it doesn't help EA that his testimony is what it is. The only way one of these other scenarios plays out - and, none are farfetched based on the cast of characters - the defense would have to call him as a witness, and he'd have to give some new story, possibly opening himself up for perjury or obstruction based on what he originally told police.

Sloppy DNA presentation or not - blood, saliva, hair, toe nail, whatever...it just doesn't look good for hi based on what his story to police has been.

Not only to the police, but multiple news interviews. I agree it doesn't look good for him. There's too much that contradicts just about everything he has said about that morning, along with physical evidence.

Does anyone know how many prosecution witnesses are left? And have defense witnesses already been sworn in? TIA

It's just so baffling to me that a person as stupid as he is to lie so many times to so many people, wouldn't have slipped up even more to the point of there being no doubt at all. How did he disappear her so well???? She's vanished without a trace. Not even a single belonging of hers was left behind. Nothing of hers found at his house. Was he that crafty? Is it just because he had four days and maybe he went back and covered his tracks?? He screwed up so many times when asked what happened I am just baffled as to how he was capable of not slipping up even more so that she would be found.

If CM vomited in EA's trunk and OD'd as some have hypothesized, wouldn't his attorney encourage him to seek a plea deal on a lesser charge? And wouldn't the prosecution accept that plea deal in exchange for his confession, which would lead to the recovery of her remains?

Immigration holds don't mean anything other than they will check with immigration before releasing him, if he is released. It has already been established that he was here legally on a work permit, as was his family.

I do not know how long EA or his family have been here. But the immigration thing may be something too that keeping him hushed up. Or apart of it. JMHO

No one said she was dead based exclusively on dna evidence. People inferred that.

Link:
http://starlocalmedia.com/allenamer...cle_1793280c-9d2f-11e4-94a7-ff06623ae6a4.html

Witness A:
"[FONT="][B]Rick Staub, Plano PD Crime Scene Investigation manager, testified that criminalists used a forensic tool called Blue Star to test for blood in Arochi’s vehicle. When the substance was sprayed in the trunk, two spots “luminesced faintly,” which Staub said indicated the presence of blood.
[/B]
[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#444444][FONT="]“It certainly would be consistent with a bodily injury due to the large quantity of her DNA,” he said."[/FONT]

Witness B (completely different person):
"[FONT="]When Lisa King, prosecutor for the felony trial division, asked Stamm if she believes Arochi kidnapped and killed Christina, she answered, “Absolutely.”"

Her mother (not a professional) did say:

[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#444444][FONT="]“I think the hardest part is knowing there’s a lot more DNA than we thought was in the car,” McElroy said after the hearing. “I won’t believe it until I have proof, but [detectives] are so sure [she is not alive], and that’s what’s so hard. I didn’t know it was enough DNA that my daughter could not be alive anymore.”[/FONT]

THIS is the Det that the Judge did not allow his testimony this afternoon!

Alice Barr ‏@AliceBarrNBC5 2h2 hours ago Manhattan, NY
Defense argues Staub is part of @PlanoPoliceDept which doesn't have a lab he's not currently part of independent accredited lab #ArochiTrial

Hannah VanHuss Davis ‏@hannahdinhd 2h2 hours ago
Can Rick Staub w @PlanoPoliceDept testify DNA found comes from Morris' blood? That's the Q judge, defense & state must answer #arochitrial

Valerie WigglesworthVerified account ‏@vlwigg 2h2 hours ago
Judge: "As I'm sizing up the evidence right now, it's premature." Absence elimination of other things, it's just b/c he says so #arochitrial

Seriously, this is what it's like:

"So let me be clear that I understand what you're saying here. What you're saying here, what your THEORY is....If I'm getting inside your head and understand YOUR theory...then your THEORY is that there is not any non-obvious, non-presence of blood that is NOT on the inside of the trunk that can't be linked to Ms. Morris. Is that not what you're saying here?"

I wish I were exaggerating. It was just like this.

<and to be honest, I can't even check out all the quadruple negatives in my statement to understand what the hell I'm saying>

That is so annoying! I would have to say to Gore, I need you to write down your question so that I can decipher exactly what you are asking and answer you truthfully and appropriately.&#128579;

Yeah let's hope they bring the olive jar thing back because right now I'm like ok what about the olive jar?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

A criminalist had testified to an olive jar filled with cinnamon, oil, a pieces of paper with scribbling on it was placed in a shoe found in Arochi's room. The witness testified that it may be related to some kind of "spell or superstition," but it was later determined by the judge that the contents of the jar were inadmissable as evidence.

I will try and find the tweet or if someone else can but lol IF there are 2 people with that name LaTarence Dunbar - possible as always :thinking: I don't have the link for court docket handy but iirc when I checked yesterday there was someone by that name with subpoena. And this person is from Dallas, would make sense that he would have the type business. I am not implying that he did / or has done anything wrong or illegal. Also a new subpoena was applied for but unknown for who or by whom. JMHO

Hi Mimi, are you in Dallas now?

If CM vomited in EA's trunk and OD'd as some have hypothesized, wouldn't his attorney encourage him to seek a plea deal on a lesser charge? And wouldn't the prosecution accept that plea deal in exchange for his confession, which would lead to the recovery of her remains?

1 I don't think the prosecution would believe him. Not now.
2 I do think the prosecution would negotiate a deal, but imo at this point what they're likely to offer is a limit on the extent of what he'd get for killing her, and what they would expect to get in return is a full confession and her body in exchange ...because they already have an incredibly strong likelihood of having him locked up for life, so they're not going to be motivated to give that away ...his best time to make a deal was a long time ago, and the potential offers will have gotten worse and worse as we've passed one milestone after another.

1 I don't think the prosecution would believe him. Not now.
2 I do think the prosecution would negotiate a deal, but imo at this point what they're likely to offer is a limit on the extent of what he'd get for killing her, and what they would expect to get in return is a full confession and her body in exchange ...because they already have an incredibly strong likelihood of having him locked up for life, so they're not going to be motivated to give that away ...his best time to make a deal was a long time ago, and the potential offers will have gotten worse and worse as we've passed one milestone after another.

I should have been more clear - I meant negotiating a deal instead of going to trial on the AK charge. My point was there is no reason for him to deny deny deny if there is a relatively "Innocent" explanation for her DNA in his trunk.

I will try and find the tweet or if someone else can but lol IF there are 2 people with that name LaTarence Dunbar - possible as always :thinking: I don't have the link for court docket handy but iirc when I checked yesterday there was someone by that name with subpoena. And this person is from Dallas, would make sense that he would have the type business. I am not implying that he did / or has done anything wrong or illegal. Also a new subpoena was applied for but unknown for who or by whom. JMHO

I looked him up last night on LinkedIn, it's totally him. Owns the companies that were mentioned by the detective. Prosecution may need him to testify he never talked to Christina about needing a bodyguard. Or the defense might need him to say testify that she did....sheesh.

I should have been more clear - I meant negotiating a deal instead of going to trial on the AK charge. My point was there is no reason for him to deny deny deny if there is a relatively "Innocent" explanation for her DNA in his trunk.

Do we know if any deals were offered?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member