GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 Aug 2014 - Enrique Arochi kidnapping trial #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
How on earth would this stoned, drunk nincompoop pull off abducting, killing and disposing of CM so that not enough DNA is available to process and no agency is able to locate her or any of her belongings? ON HIS OWN!

I think the judge probably believes EA's own statements to police combined with the DNA evidence should be enough to convict.

So, maybe in the judge's mind, if the jury sees how small the trunk is:
-it could be more likely to sway a weak juror that she couldn't have fit in; or,
-given what is already known, it's just overkill that will confuse a weak juror further.

Other than that, don't know why he'd make that comment. Can't think of a specific legal reason it would hurt. But, could easily see a juror second guessing him or herself after seeing how small the trunk of the car is.

I think it is more to the point that the car had been altered. The dents had been pounded out so a juror could get hung up on that point.

How on earth would this stoned, drunk nincompoop pull off abducting, killing and disposing of CM so that not enough DNA is available to process and no agency is able to locate her or any of her belongings? ON HIS OWN!

Some luck, a lot of cleaners, along with a tiny person, hidden somewhere in a giant mass of land/water. Some missing people are not found for decades (or ever). Personally, I don't think it took a genius to pull this off and I don't believe he needed help doing it... BUT, there IS just enough DNA & other damning evidence that will hopefully get a guilty verdict, along with the punishment he deserves (no punishment is enough, as far as I'm concerned). JMO

I wonder almost the same BUT I strongly believe he wasn't stoned and drunk anymore. That's an excuse he's used to not remember. I believe they all were better by 4am, maybe tired and sluggish but better. I don't rule out they might have taken something after they got in the car, but I just don't think he was as messed up as he wants us to believe.

And, sorry, but just Bc PPD ruled out HF doesn't mean TES didn't think things seemed fishy.

TES will only come in if LE approves. TES searched where LE evidence placed EA. Then went home for another case. They had to apply for a permit to use the drones, too.

I found it on a facebook page. I tried to copy and paste it but it did not work.

Subpoena list can be found by Google Collin County Court Records and putting Defendant's name in. Click on the agg kidnapping charge and you can scroll down and see several sets of subpoena records. Sorry, don't have the link handy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder almost the same BUT I strongly believe he wasn't stoned and drunk anymore. That's an excuse he's used to not remember. I believe they all were better by 4am, maybe tired and sluggish but better. I don't rule out they might have taken something after they got in the car, but I just don't think he was as messed up as he wants us to believe.

I'm glad you mentioned this, because I've been thinking the same thing but never thought to mention it. Both from his actions and even his own statements (such as where he told LE that he was totally smashed in one breath, then that he wasn't bad at all and was in plenty good shape to drive a car). As you said succinctly: "That's an excuse he's used to not remember."

On the same general topic, I also pretty much have come to dismiss his claim that CM was drunk as a skunk - I think that was his way of trying to claim that she must have wandered off or killed herself in a wreck or some other attempted misdirection to try to keep them from looking at him.

Similarly, I also have come to think CM's whines to HF about being drunk and needing a ride and about how she "throwed" were mostly drama queen stuff, a girl trying to get attention and get her man to cater to her, and not that reliable as to what her condition REALLY was. That's not meant as a slam on her, as I've known lots of girls like that. It's part of their repertoire. imo But I notice that when she decided she had to drive home, suddenly she went from basket case who needed HF badly and (in her version to HF) couldn't hardly walk or somesuch, to *bam* being totally fine to drive. I do know that SN was concerned to some degree, but her gait in the video showed no hint of inebriation, plus I can't imagine he would have let her walk out the door if she was REALLY as bad as she was telling HF. (And I suspect HF may have sensed it when he just ignored her, essentially. It wasn't their first rodeo.)

i am coming to the realization that I am not going to get to a 100% certainty level of guilt. I'm probably at 85%. I'm more of a skeptic of some theories and evidence than most, but I'm not completely off the chart, IMO. If I make a leap and say that at least one juror is like minded, what is that juror to do? TIA

Subpoena list can be found by Google Collin County Court Records and putting Defendant's name in. Click on the agg kidnapping charge and you can scroll down and see several sets of subpoena records. Sorry, don't have the link handy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. It appears none of EA's family has been subpoenaed? Isn't that kind of odd?

i am coming to the realization that I am not going to get to a 100% certainty level of guilt. I'm probably at 85%. I'm more of a skeptic of some theories and evidence than most, but I'm not completely off the chart, IMO. If I make a leap and say that at least one juror is like minded, what is that juror to do? TIA

If this is a serious question, the serious answer is
1 Respectfully, the standard is not "guilty beyond any doubt whatsoever" (100%) but rather "guilty beyond REASONABLE doubt." It's not being perfectly convinced, and knowing each and everything absolutely had to be this way or that, but rather just getting to the mindset that it's common sense that he must have done this (even if you're not sure which piece or pieces of evidence is the most compelling).
2 Beyond that, that's what jury deliberations are about. It's the process of jurors sharing reasoning and convictions and each deciding where their plain ole common sense leaves them. (Based on the evidence, to me it's common sense that EA did this. Even if we don't know the precise details of how it all went down, to me it's too obvious that a crime of abduction was done, because she was never seen again, and that he had to have been involved, given the rest of the circumstances with him being the last person and she couldn't have left the garage any other way and her DNA in his trunk so there was nowhere else she could have been, yet his alibi is that she was never ever in his car.)

What does EA's parents do for a living? Did the brother ever give a statement? Does anyone think EA will take the stand? If they are supposed to have this to the Jury Tuesday and Prosecution rests Monday, then the Defense is really not putting on anyone?

I have also. But I think creating reasonable doubt that maybe HF met up with EA & CM and kept the camera? JMHO

I thought I remembered reading the camera was missing but the camera case was found at home. To my knowledge this is still true but it's possible I missed an update.

Is there any kind of a map showing everywhere that has been searched?

Does anyone wonder WHY the next evening EA and his then GF go to the same place as where Christina went missing? Does anyone wonder if he went back because he wanted to make sure he didn't drop
anything of his or Christina's?

Does anyone wonder WHY the next evening EA and his then GF go to the same place as where Christina went missing? Does anyone wonder if he went back because he wanted to make sure he didn't drop anything of his or Christina's?

I think EA probably cringed in horror when his girlfriend said she wanted pick him up and go to The Shops for an evening out on Saturday. Also, he was probably dead tired by that time, even though he had napped in the Sprint office where he worked.

I thought I remembered reading the camera was missing but the camera case was found at home. To my knowledge this is still true but it's possible I missed an update.

IMO the camera is a distraction, initially it was thought to be missing because the empty case was in the car but then it was later found at home. I know we went round and round about the camera in the early days but I'm as sure as I can be that has no relevance to the AK (and don't mention the purses :lol: )

Is there any kind of a map showing everywhere that has been searched?

Unless things have changed recently it's been policy not to say where the searchers have been, I think to make sure no one then goes and moves anything to an area that they know is "safe" having already been searched. The local posters who've helped with the searches will be able to confirm if I've got that right

Does anyone wonder WHY the next evening EA and his then GF go to the same place as where Christina went missing? Does anyone wonder if he went back because he wanted to make sure he didn't drop
anything of his or Christina's?

I find that really weird too, if RA suggested it you'd think he could have thought of an excuse to go somewhere else and I don't know why he'd choose to go back himself unless maybe they were attending some kind of party or event that they couldn't miss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard