Dr. Phil Interviews Burke Ramsey (9/12 & 9/13 2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be interesting to see Dr Phil today, in light of the fact that his 2 prior episodes with Burke and John Ramsey seem to have blown up in their faces. I wondered this morning whether they might even cancel today's episode. Burke is getting crucified in the media/public. I hate that Burke is being vilified this way. I do feel for him. If there's "new" evidence (I dont think anything so far is actually "new"), then bring it forward to the proper authorities. (Yeah, I know, corruption and all that...)

But even if BDI, he was a child!! If BDI, it's the parents who obstructed justice. I just don't see the point in destroying BR's life now. What good does it serve? Honestly, I wonder if he would harm himself over this, and that scares me. It feels like a witch hunt for entertainment purposes. It would be nice for whoever knows the truth to confess, but nothing brings Jonbenet back. And if JDI or PDI (or both) and their son is being put through this hell because of JRs pride and fear of prosecution, then damn him. That would be unforgivable.

I thought it was interesting when Dr. Phil asked Burke what he thought about people saying he was JonBenet's killer. Burke said, "look at the evidence, or lack thereof."

Maybe I'm the only one who found that soo odd as a response.

I thought it was interesting when Dr. Phil asked Burke what he thought about people saying he was JonBenet's killer. Burke said, "look at the evidence, or lack thereof."

Maybe I'm the only one who found that soo odd as a response.

I thought the exact same thing. Almost with some smugness in the tone of his voice too.

It's all odd, dude

DP, BR, EP 3

re: boots

DP: ..footprints in the mold on ground
of the basement ...Did you own any hiking
boots?

BR: ya... I did, I don't remember the brand ..
I remember it had a little compass on the shoe string
....played in basement ...

Well Burke..we did look at the evidence...and uh...seems like Patsy wasn't the only one who went psycho in your house...

Now I do not know what to think. I've watched all the docomentaries and read Foreign Faction.
But after the Burke Ramsey interview I have my doubts he did. Yes, he's socially awkward....... maybe anybody would be?
Now I'm again leaning to ward IDI from BDI from IDI from BDI
I'm dizzy.

Kolar and his book (Self published on his dime) really got this ball rolling- he did have access to everything.

Burke's behavior then and now is NOT NORMAL.

Burke would not speak with BPD recently. WHY- why wouldn't he speak to investigators if he has nothing to hide?
DP would have us believe he is shy, awkward and SHELTERED- yet he goes on a syndicated program to be aired WORLDWIDE, the same show his father and lawyer were interviewed on too- but he wouldn't speak in PRIVATE to the police?

The pooh, the pooh, the pooh... smeared all over JB chocolates. SHE didn't do that to her own chocolates and if she did there were much more serious issues with everyone else in that house too if she was the only one to be known as sweet, happy and normal.

The pooh smeared on the wall in the bathroom of the basement.

Weird photos in the basement that Patsy claims to have never seen or doesn't know what they would be doing there.

The train room in the basement was BURKE'S hang out- not JB's.

Burke as the perpetrator explains exactly why Patsy Ramsy didn't hold her other 'baby closer' that day and (at least part of) the reason why he was sent away that day. Also for one or both of their parts in the cover up it would help explain why John and Patsy weren't seen to comfort each other at all on that fateful day.

Burkes medical records sealed.

The books in the house found at the time of the murder in regards to parenting.

What kind of behavior exhibited by Burke did both John and Patsy let occur and turned a blind eye to leading up to the murder?

Jonbebet's beloved dog living at the neighbors.

The "wine room" or the "wine cellar" which never held any actual wine and was actually disgusting. If that one thing doesn't show the Ramsey facade in a nutshell, I don't know what does. You say tomato I say tamato.

I was trying to end this post by inserting the smiling photo of Burke from the funeral but don't know how. Sigh

Now I do not know what to think. I've watched all the docomentaries and read Foreign Faction.
But after the Burke Ramsey interview I have my doubts he did. Yes, he's socially awkward....... maybe anybody would be?
Now I'm again leaning to ward IDI from BDI from IDI from BDI
I'm dizzy.

I've been a firm RDI fluctuating from PDI to BDI and back and forth. My husband has only a passing interest in the case but believes that RDI and that it was part of a pedophile ring situation. I'm not inclined to believe that, although I know the sad, sick reality of the world we live in. However, as we watched the Dr. Phil episodes together, my husband was totally creeped out and dumbfounded by BR's behavior and mannerisms. I was, too. It wasn't enough to convince me of his guilt, but boy howdy, it was enough to raise my hinky meter and understand perfectly well why he's never done a public interview all these years, even as an adult.

Also, something Burke said when asked if he thought Patsy had JB on her mind when Patsy died. His reply gave me chills. I'm sure she had JB on her mind. He thinks it was all him she was thinking of.
I believe Burke was jealous and hated JB.

I haven't read K's book yet , can someone tell me more about the poo and the photos?

Can anyone tell me the date of the third Dr Phil Show where he does a question and answer session about BR? I already have the first two.

I haven't read K's book yet , can someone tell me more about the poo and the photos?

minazoe,
Both children had issues with feces. There were fecal smears in JonBenet's bedroom and a pair of pants on her floor were alleged to belong to BR.

JonBenet's underwear contained fecal stains, and her soiled pants were left lying on her bathroom floor.

Pictures of JonBenet were dumped into the basement, and nobody has claimed ownership of them. If the case is BDI, I'll let everyone make their own minds up on who was collecting photos of JonBenet and why, was it linked to her death?

The books in the house found at the time of the murder in regards to parenting.

Agreed, Frigga - Kolar's book is a wonderful resource of information. I love it! That more than anything is what keeps the idea of BDI open for me.

I was rereading some of it last night and came upon the part where he describes the three books Nedra purchased for PR, and this time I Googled them. I have to admit that I was a little disappointed about how Kolar portrayed these books and their significance! Now, I haven't read these books, but if you look up their descriptions, they are actually books about trying to raise children religiously in corrupted American culture.

Why Johnny Can't Tell Right From Wrong
https://www.amazon.com/Johnny-Cant-Tell-Right-Wrong/dp/0671870734

The Hurried Child
https://www.amazon.com/Hurried-Child-Growing-Fast-Third/dp/0738204412

Children At Risk
https://www.amazon.com/Children-at-Risk-James-Dobson/dp/0849934141

Also, the Ramseys had other parenting books in the house purchased by themselves and others, and we can't say that any of the books Kolar listed really had to do with Burke specifically. Boulder was (is?) a progressive type of place that would foster different, less punitive parenting methods, and PR at least was extremely religious. So it makes sense to me that she would seek and be receptive to parenting advice in the form of books like this. It could mean there were problems, but it could also mean they were trying to be better parents or at least make sure their children were raised well.

I know there are threads on WS about these books specifically, and I don't want to get too far off-topic. Kolar's book IS excellent, but my point is that not everything he puts forth is on point. This particular tidbit I found disappointing - he doesn't outright lie about it, but he calls these books out without any description. He says, "When exploring the nature of the content of these three books, I wondered what might have been taking place in the house that prompted the grandparents to purchase these types of childhood behavioral books for the family." He doesn't tell the reader "the nature of the content of these three books," but leaves the reader to speculate based on their titles and includes this with statistics about sibling and prepubescent sexual abuse. At worst it is misleading.

That's not to say his BDI theory isn't the correct one, but perhaps in the grand scheme of things he is just as guilty as any of us as making the evidence fit his theory or construing the meaning of evidence to support his theory. I've read Kolar's book and Thomas's in addition to all the online resources and now these television specials. But there are little lies here and there from speculation and inaccurate reporting as well as misinterpretation / manipulation of evidence to fit pet theories.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member