The Case of JonBenet Ramsey-CBS Sept. 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the end of tonights episode they even had some telling quotes from Patsy, "I would have nothing if I lost Burke" etc.

Even though I was already familiar with nearly everything that was presented, I am glad that I watched this. It was nice seeing the participants have a public platform to present their side of the story with the protection of CBS. Even though they did not participate, I hope that this helped the Whites feel more closure.

I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY WENT THERE!!!!

I'm sure I'm not alone thinking how refreshing it was to hear them truly discuss evidence instead of just parrot whatever talking points Lin Wood gave them. The show wasn't perfect but hot dang did it make me happy. I'm so glad they are presenting the other side of the case to the public...finally...

If she were brain dead how did she scratch the hell out of her neck trying to remove the ligature?

She did not scratch herself. Those "nail marks" are petechiae, common in strangulation. It does prove she was still alive when the ligature was applied however.

Would PR really protect her son and orchestrate a cover up if she knew he was responsible? In my opinion she favored her daughter and lived through her success in pagents. I would think she would be furious with BR if he killed her beauty queen.

The two Patsy statements quoted by Kolar tonight indicate otherwise.

I think it is important to acknowledge that Burke has/had a bad temper, which he had trouble controlling. He hit his sister with a golf club. We do not know if this was intentional or not. She had some strange bruises and marks on her body, seen in photos before and after her death. One very disturbing thing is that he had a habit of smearing feces around JBR's bedroom. One witness said a large dried clump, the size of a softball was once found in JBR's bed. It was smeared across the top of some Christmas candies she had just received that were in her bedroom. He showed no remorce after she was murdered, and does not seem to have feelings for her even to this day. I think he had a pathological jealousy and hatred where JBR was concerned. His father was busy, and not home that much, but his Mother devoted most of her time and attention to JBR and the pagents. Before JBR came along, Burke was the center of his parents' universe. All that changed once JBR came along, and proved herself to be a big star, with great natural social skills that he very much lacked. His affect both as a child being interviewed by a psychologist after the death of his sister, and as an adult on Dr. Phil, is strange -- the lack of grief, the smile, and what I felt was a kind of smug satisfaction that JBR is gone. I really think he is a full blown psychopath, and has displayed those characteristics since early childhood, probably even before JBR was born. IMO

Great post, I agree with you completely.

They must have had a reason to think something incriminating would be found in that area, abuse of some kind.

Perhaps they wiped her up when she peed as she died (ugh, so sad) and the cloth had a sliver from the floor on it that got transferred into her.

This is the CBS show thread but you don't appear to have watched it????

i don't think they talked about her neck being scratched in the show. Is that some evidence (not mentioned)?

She did not scratch herself. Those "nail marks" are petechiae, common in strangulation. It does prove she was still alive when the ligature was applied however.

Have you seen the pictures?

I think it is important to acknowledge that Burke has/had a bad temper, which he had trouble controlling. He hit his sister with a golf club. We do not know if this was intentional or not. She had some strange bruises and marks on her body, seen in photos before and after her death. One very disturbing thing is that he had a habit of smearing feces around JBR's bedroom. One witness said a large dried clump, the size of a softball was once found in JBR's bed. It was smeared across the top of some Christmas candies she had just received that were in her bedroom. He showed no remorce after she was murdered, and does not seem to have feelings for her even to this day. I think he had a pathological jealousy and hatred where JBR was concerned. His father was busy, and not home that much, but his Mother devoted most of her time and attention to JBR and the pagents. Before JBR came along, Burke was the center of his parents' universe. All that changed once JBR came along, and proved herself to be a big star, with great natural social skills that he very much lacked. His affect both as a child being interviewed by a psychologist after the death of his sister, and as an adult on Dr. Phil, is strange -- the lack of grief, the smile, and what I felt was a kind of smug satisfaction that JBR is gone. I really think he is a full blown psychopath, and has displayed those characteristics since early childhood, probably even before JBR was born. IMO

Good post. Where did you get the info about the feces? First time I've heard that. Gross and very strange. Ugh.

Thank you,CBS!!! I applaud and appreciate your broadcast, the first of it's kind indeed but my million dollar question is this:

IF it was Burke, WHY is this still an active and open investigation instead of CASE CLOSED?!?!

Or could have been when someone grabbed her by her collar of her shirt, twisting and choking, their knuckles made that red abrasion and she scratched at her neck to get them to let go.

I thought the show was incredible! It's probably the best we'll ever see on the subject.

This is the CBS show thread but you don't appear to have watched it????

i don't think they talked about her neck being scratched in the show. Is that some evidence (not mentioned)?

I think last night it was mentioned that she may have been grabbed by her collar, making the red mark on her neck and she scratched at her neck to be let go.

Perhaps they wiped her up when she peed as she died (ugh, so sad) and the cloth had a sliver from the floor on it that got transferred into her.

It's hard to imagine a mom doing this to her precious daughter.

Have you seen the pictures?

Yes. Many times, been studying this case for years.

If she was strangled before her skull was wounded, then how was it that the brain slowly bled the way it did? But don't take my word for it...

Ronald Wright, MD "director of the forensic pathology department at the University of Miami School of Medicine, reviewed JonBenet's autopsy report Tuesday at the request of the Rocky Mountain News." RMN stated: "The blow to her head -- which Wright is convinced was not from a golf club but more likely a blunt object such as a baseball bat or heavy flashlight -- came first, Wright said. "She was whopped on the head a long time before she was strangled," said Wright. 'That might or might not have rendered her unconscious. But this is not anything that kills her right away.' He said 20 to 60 minutes elapsed between the skull fracture and the strangulation."

Or could have been when someone grabbed her by her collar of her shirt, twisting and choking, their knuckles made that red abrasion and she scratched at her neck to get them to let go.
So the marks could be made by her nails but only if it happened before the strangulation. Then the marks can't be from her nails?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth