The Case of JonBenet Ramsey-CBS Sept. 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
i see a lot of similarity in these two moments:

child rapist sandusky is asked in a tv interview if he is attracted to young boys. he struggles, trying to answer no. it is hard for him to say the word. no.

patsy is doing the cnn performance and struggles to tell the camera that, if is she was a resident of boulder she would tell parents to keep their babies close to them, because there is someone out there. she whispers the last, nearly inaudible,, as she shakes her head no.
tragic.

Why are they not addressing Jonbenet's cause of death was due to strangulation?
I missed yesterday's episode (I am trying to detox from the case. Its starting to affect me how much the media is labeling her as a case rather than an amazing little girl who was murdered and has no justice) but I caught tonights and it sort of bothered me how they based their whole theory on it being Burke saying he killed her from the blow, but thats not true.
So that would automatically say that the train track puncture on her back was caused by Burke right after he hit her, trying to wake her up. She would still have a pulse, which would mean there would be blood on her and her shirt, contrary to what they said.

I dunno. I am younger than this case is, but its not helping have so many documentary series about this sweet girl coming out if they are all supplying differing information to the public.

Another thing that strikes me as odd was that Burke seemingly didn't have a worry in the world after Jon Benet was murdered and yet somebody who was interviewed in that show said her daughter was so scared when Patsy made her comments about "keep you baby's close" that she was sleeping in the parents beds for months afterwards.

So Burke has his sister murdered in the family home and is not concerned yet a neighbours daughter is so scared she sleeps with Mum and Dad for weeks/months afterwards.

Why are they not addressing Jonbenet's cause of death was due to strangulation?
I missed yesterday's episode (I am trying to detox from the case. Its starting to affect me how much the media is labeling her as a case rather than an amazing little girl who was murdered and has no justice) but I caught tonights and it sort of bothered me how they based their whole theory on it being Burke saying he killed her from the blow, but thats not true.
So that would automatically say that the train track puncture on her back was caused by Burke right after he hit her, trying to wake her up. She would still have a pulse, which would mean there would be blood on her and her shirt, contrary to what they said.

I dunno. I am younger than this case is, but its not helping have so many documentary series about this sweet girl coming out if they are all supplying differing information to the public.

Her heart was still beating when the garotte was applied but she was brain dead and would not have survived the head injury. She most likely appeared dead, though it's possible she may have had some seizures and stuff like that right after the blow.

Is it possible that JonBenet was dying and had quit breathing first due to the head injury and damage in that part of the brain, but the heart kept beating long enough to circulate blood and cause the neck marks ?

Could the breathing have stopped first due to the head injury and damage to that part of the brain, but the heart still beat a few minutes, long enough to strangle her and leave the marks on the neck?

If PR and JR really believed there was this sadistic, creepy, child killer kidnapper that snuck in there home wouldn't they be afraid to stay in the home and he would possibly come back to kill them and their son? I would be very afraid to be in my house alone after my daughter was murdered by a stranger especially at night. Did they install any sophisticated alarm system new break proof windows in the basement being a murderer still at large out there who wanted $118,000? I'm not buying it they knew who the killer was that's why they continued living in their home and not talking too police.

A little off topic - did anyone else have a problem bringing up the site tonight? The last postings in this forum are at about 3:20 and it is 4:20 now. Is there a maintenance schedule I'm not aware of?

Wow, was this a strong case for BDI. If I was Wood, I would have tried to circle the wagons too. Wood's face should have never been seen on the Dr Phil show. That was a mistake. We should have never seen the puppetmaster. Burke's interview was also a mistake. Guilty or innocent, Burke doesn't act right in front of the camera. That interview should have never taken place. Had the Burke and John interviews on Dr Phil not taken place, CBS's two part special wouldn't have been as nearly as strong as it was. Alone, CBS's special would have been like having a lit firecracker on your hand. With the Dr Phil interviews, it was like closing your fingers around that lit firecracker--it will do a lot more damage and hurt a lot more.

A little off topic - did anyone else have a problem bringing up the site tonight? The last postings in this forum are at about 3:20 and it is 4:20 now. Is there a maintenance schedule I'm not aware of?

Tricia mentioned a problem with the site when the special was running. She said they didn't know why.

(Hi, help, sorry to interrupt, just getting in, my dvr didn't record :scared: I must've messed something up last night during the 60 Minutes fiasco. Is there an online link available yet for Part 2? I'm looking...tia!)

Let's be fair, though. A DNA expert came forward during the ID show to say that clearing someone on DNA alone is not a good idea, and LW admitted on Dr Phil that he threatened to sue BPD if Mary Lacy (sp?) did not stop investigating the Rs. The Rs being "cleared" isn't just the result of dubious touch DNA testing but also an aggressive legal move on the part of LW.

I wanted to update this post because my memory was not clear on what exactly LW said. I re-watched the interview on Dr Phil and this is his exact statement:

I wrote the city of boulder and I copied to District Attorney Mary Lacy and I said:

If this investigation is not transferred out of the hands of the Boulder Police Department and into the hands a third party objective competent law enforcement agency, I'm going to sue the city of Boulder and you're going to be the laughingstock of the country when the truth comes out about the incompetence of your department in this investigation.

I really wanted to add what stood out to me in the CBS special:

1. How the note was clearly maternal with lines like 'listen carefully,' 'when you get home' or 'not particularly like you' (no man says I don't particularly like you). And also, how it says 'small foreign faction.' They said in the special that a ransom note would want to intimidate you and they'd say 'large group' instead of a small one.

2. That spider web in the window and how the frame doesn't even open all the way and what a tight fit it was to crawl through.

3. How Burke is on tape saying he thinks someone hit her on the head and he acts it out. When things 'fit exactly together' there is a reason behind it.

4. How the parents were shaking their heads 'no' when asked if they are sure no one in their family or close friends did it. They finally say 'yes' (they are sure) but they kept shaking their heads 'no.'

5. The only clear thing the parents said directly in the interviews was 'I did not kill my daughter' and every answer from then on out was a long drawn out not-direct-answer. The father has a habit of not just giving an answer but instead saying things like this: 'it is not that it was this, but that it was this instead.' He has a habit of not saying 'it was this' but instead saying 'it was not this, it was this instead.' It almost is a long drawn out thing every time that gets you to focus on a lot of 'smoke/mirrors' instead of the actual direct answer. For instance, if you asked me what color my house is, instead of me answering 'blue,' I'd say instead 'It wasn't that the house was a greyish sky tone but that it was sanded many times with a light hue.' I mean, why so convoluted all the time?

6. Laying the body right smack dab in the entry way floor where a million people have and are walking especially when the living room couch was close by.

7. 'We have a kidnapping' (the use of the word 'we') instead of 'Jon Benet is missing! No ownership of the event. Everything is so odd really. And hanging up the 911 call. No one hangs up on 911 calls - that is your lifeline and your hope.

I do believe the case is very simple but that so many things have been thrown at us to make us go in so many different directions. The fact that we all want to line everything up together to make sense of it (want to see patterns in chaos) means we can never quite solve it because we want all these little misdirects to add up (when in fact they do not add up and have no relation to each other other than being smoke and mirrors).

I am dubious that LW is going to be able to sue CBS, especially since BR has willingly come forward to do interviews and this officially makes him a public figure.

If he does sue, this is going to backfire even more than the interviews done on Dr Phil. There is a good possibility BR will have to take the stand and answer for the discrepancies of his statements and the statements made by LW and the Rs the last twenty years (like the claim of being in bed the entire night of JBR's murder, then later admitting he got out of bed to play with a toy). He is bringing MORE attention to BR, and MORE attention to the BDI theory. As an outsider looking in, I probably would not have even started reading about this case if BR had not done the interview on Dr Phil. Had BR not done the interview, I probably would have missed the CBS special altogether and read about it in passing somewhere else.

LW is melting down about suing people, but hasn't looked at how his own behavior is making the Rs look bad, especially since he admitted on Dr Phil to using the threat of legal action to get what he wants.

How do we know Burke isn't just a psychopath? From all accounts, he was a strange kid. Strange kids like strange thing....maybe like making garrotes? I think it's possible dad could have shown him how to make one at some point. Maybe something like a "male bonding moment"-

If I go with the theory that Burke may be a psychopath- I think he could have hit her hard, then did nasty stuff to her, poked her hard with train tracks, then strangled her. The parents at some point found out what he did and rushed around staging the area. JMO
It's really hard to think of a 9yr old being damaged like that but it does happen. Mary Bell is the first thing that pops up in my mind.

That's why everything is so off with this case. It's like a huge puzzle board that had about 5 other puzzle boards mixed in with the original puzzle board..but they're all missing some pieces.

I wonder why the Ramsey's were not doing more for Burke before he reached that stage :moo:

From everything I am reading he was clearly a odd little boy and I have always put it down to him being jealous of all the attention that he perceived his sister was getting. But it seems more than that , the gardener said he never saw Burke but he had seen Jon Benet who was happy and would come out in the garden.

We then had a neighbor who had a child the same age as Burke but they preferred to play with Jon Benet who was 3/4 years younger. So "if" Burke is guilty it does seem there was warning signs IMO

It's quite frustrating that I can't watch the show in Finland. Hopefully it will be uploaded on youtube.

My husband pointed something out to me that almost made me fall off my bed concerning the the two circular wounds on JB. It was when they showed the train tracks and eluded that the marks could be punctures from the ends of the tracks. My husband says, "Well, he did tell them he stabbed her." (He didn't mean he directly told the interviewer, he was referring to when he was saying and demonstrating how she could have been hit or stabbed.)

Burke(at age 11) seemed to be very nervous about that pineapple question. He thought about the simple question's answer, a long time, before he answered.

Patsy was thinking the opposite of what she intended to answer, when she shook her head no, and answered yes.

So, it will be John's last interview about the death of JonBenet????

They are three interesting people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member