GUILTY TX - Christina Morris, 23, Plano, 30 Aug 2014 - Enrique Arochi kidnapping trial #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank God. I was glued to my phone all day...finally went out to mow the yard, and when I came back in, knew immediately that the verdict must be in, from the number of new posts. It won't bring her back, but I'm glad justice has prevailed. Hopefully he can't hurt another woman, ever gain.

Really? Even though he hasn't been tried? Will the defense be able to counter? I think he's guilty but to me, IMO the sexual assault charge was there backup. She was his girlfriend for a while and not a child he assaulted. Jmo

It doesn't matter if she was his GF for a while. If she was underage, he will be found guilty - and he'll probably receive a stiff sentence for that as well.

Defense will be able to put on evidence of his good character and his contributions to society etc ..basically it's character evidence from both sides.

Between Lori Ruff being ID'd today and this verdict I am a friggen basket case right now!
I really hope he grows a set and tells them where she is! I pray we see our girl laid to rest by her loved ones one day.

Okay finally watched the video and here's my 2 cents: he seemed very hopeful. When they announced guilty his face turned a little red like "oh s***" and then looked shocked from then on out. The strength of her family is amazing.. I can not imagine being in their position.

Does the jury decide his length of punishment? Could he tell where she is in exchange for a reduced sentence?

Yes, jury decides sentence.

I guess in theory, the state could agree not to charge him with murder if he leads them to her remains. Of course, he's not going to give any info without that assurance. I suppose they could reach a deal on his kidnapping sentence as well but I don't think that will happen. I think the jury will sentence him.

How do y'all feel about his immediate family not being present the entire trial?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That spoke shouted volumes, in my opinion.

I don't feel better with a verdict. Christina is gone and is still out there somewhere.

I also feel sorrow for Enrique's family and even a little for him. It's crazy but I do.

It doesn't matter if she was his GF for a while. If she was underage, he will be found guilty - and he'll probably receive a stiff sentence for that as well.

Defense will be able to put on evidence of his good character and his contributions to society etc ..basically it's character evidence from both sides.

Sorry, I'm older and I along with most of my friends are married to our high school/college sweethearts who are at least 2-3 years older. I don't find problem in that kind of relationship if consenting. But that's how it was back when. Imo

Honestly, for a slight millisecond I felt a tiny bit sorry for him, then I remembered that Christina is still out there. All alone. And she was scared of the dark. Then I feel nothing for him. It speaks volumes that they didn't show up for at least that. Must be terrible knowing your child is a monster.

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

This part guts me. My little girl is 8 years old and is terrified of the dark. Christina is someone's little girl. She didn't deserve this. Her poor family. :(

This part guts me. My little girl is 8 years old and is terrified of the dark. Christina is someone's little girl. She didn't deserve this. Her poor family. :(

Me too. My heart breaks for her every time I think about it.

ETA: but! She was also "feisty" and strong and because of her probably fighting for her life, she helped to put him away. I truly believe if he didn't have those injuries the case against him wouldn't be as strong

Jmo I think past acts can only be brought up if he convicted of them?

Between Lori Ruff being ID'd today and this verdict I am a friggen basket case right now!
I really hope he grows a set and tells them where she is! I pray we see our girl laid to rest by her loved ones one day.

Wait, WHAT????? I've got to go find that info about Lori. Nothing else has happened in my world for the last 15 days than the. Christina trial.

I don't feel better with a verdict. Christina is gone and is still out there somewhere.

I also feel sorrow for Enrique's family and even a little for him. It's crazy but I do.

I agree with everything you said ...except I do feel a little better he was found guilty ,but she is still out there and as a mom, I would want to know where.
I just told my husband that I felt bad for his family but he said, they weren't even there which makes me feel sad for him that he didn't have that family support that we would all want .. guilty or innocent

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk

Sorry, I'm older and I along with most of my friends are married to our high school/college sweethearts who are at least 2-3 years older. I don't find problem in that kind of relationship if consenting. But that's how it was back when. Imo

I don't think there's anything wrong with an age difference but she was a 16 yr old girl (freshman or sophomore in hs) and he was a 22 year old man (I believe that's a junior or senior in college) they wouldn't have even been in hs together

Had it not been Christina, it would have eventually been someone else, IMO... I don't feel the least bit sorry for EA.

How do y'all feel about his immediate family not being present the entire trial?

Weird. Don't get it. Are they all illegal? I remember him having an immigration hold and wonder what his status is.

BTW I missed the verdict, sat down to eat at 7, had a feeling and checked Valeries twitter. Relieved. I hope they find her some day. And a comment on the video of the guy in the other local murder case (who looks like the guy in the Slasher series on Netflix), it's just creepy as heck to see them just walk out normally and then end up dead.

I don't think there's anything wrong with an age difference but she was a 16 yr old girl (freshman or sophomore in hs) and he was a 22 year old man (I believe that's a junior or senior in college) they wouldn't have even been in hs together

Plus EA lied to her about his age & said he was 18, if I remember correctly..

They can.
Yes!! Hope he gets all 99 years. I hope they drill it in that she is still missing. He is torturing her family and refusing Christina a proper burial. He is a monster and I think he would do it again if given the chance.

No, I'm about an hour from the courthouse and was home with my broken arm kid. He's going to be just fine - no surgery or cast. Just a sling. "Perfect" break in "perfect" place they told us.

Wish I could have been there!
Glad your son is ok. Boys are so much fun aren't they? Mine are going to give me a heart attack one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member