Did John Ramsey carry the body to contaminate the scene or not?

Did John Ramsey knowingly try to contaminate the scene by carrying JonBenet upstairs?

• Yes, he did try to handle the body to contaminate the scene.

Votes: 122 53.5%
  • No, he did not think him handling the body would contaminate the scene.

Votes: 20 8.8%
  • no, it was a natural reaction for a father

Votes: 39 17.1%
  • He wanted the body discovered.

Votes: 47 20.6%

• Total voters
Yep, that's from the preview of the upcoming CBS special next Sunday. Jim Clemente explains it at around 2:52:

[video=youtube;-kHtWJq99Jw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kHtWJq99Jw[/video]

Love this guy! I love the reason he says he wants to resolve this. "For her. For Jon Benet". FINALLY! This is what her parents should have been saying all along.
I about cried.

It REALLY bothers me that he didn't immediately try to pull the cord off of her neck. She was HIS CHILD. Wouldn't that be your first instinct even if you knew it was too late?

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

It REALLY bothers me that he didn't immediately try to pull the cord off of her neck. She was HIS CHILD. Wouldn't that be your first instinct even if you knew it was too late?

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Not if you knew it needed to stay intact for the narrative of the ransom note to make any sense at all.

keep in mind at 5.52 am as the 911 call was placed the ramseys had a plan deeply set in motion.
the plan at this point was LE to arrive ...find JB, move on to the inevitable murder investigation.
im confidant the ransom note was never meant to keep them (LE) guessing. JR and PR fully expected the body the note all to be found in quick succession.

one can only imagine how annoyed, stressed and bewildered JR was waiting waiting for the cops to find her. far out.
he was after all a do-er not a gunner. ceo-s get stuff done. the waiting game probably nearly unhinged him.
hence why he had to discover the body for them. get this show on the road. move on as he liked to say.

the contamination of the crime scene i think was simply bonus.

keep in mind at 5.52 am as the 911 call was placed the ramseys had a plan deeply set in motion.
the plan at this point was LE to arrive ...find JB, move on to the inevitable murder investigation.
im confidant the ransom note was never meant to keep them (LE) guessing. JR and PR fully expected the body the note all to be found in quick succession.

one can only imagine how annoyed, stressed and bewildered JR was waiting waiting for the cops to find her. far out.
he was after all a do-er not a gunner. ceo-s get stuff done. the waiting game probably nearly unhinged him.
hence why he had to discover the body for them. get this show on the road. move on as he liked to say.

That's what Ron Walker thought too, k-mac. You're in good company.

I've never thought he did, but my mind could be changing. I've always thought the note was mainly some silly attempt to try and fool only John, and that he insisted on calling cops, and had suspicions right off but figured it all out while waiting.

Yeah and the body was decomposing more as more time went by, even though they'd put her in the coolest spot they had. They ended up hiding her too well, and the RN with its kidnapping focus diverted police attention from that little cellar room.

I think it was to contaminate the crime scene, but his reasoning was sub-conscious. He wasn't thinking about DNA or fibers. Given that the police didn't find the body immediately, he wanted to be the one to find it with a witness. Then he wanted to take the body to where everyone was, possibly for the same reason he invited everyone over that morning. He didn't want the police scrutinizing the area exactly as he "found" it. So I do think it was about contaminating the crime scene, but on a more gut-feeling level, not to throw of specific types of forensic testing.

k-mac,
The ransom note exists simply to explain why JonBenet was moved from her bedroom down the basement.

Its the rationale for the parents staging plain and simple.

When he carried her up why did he place her in that spot on the floor? Just a random spot? Or was there a reason for that spot? Maybe somethin happened in that area that needed coverin up too. Just a thought.

When he carried her up why did he place her in that spot on the floor? Just a random spot? Or was there a reason for that spot? Maybe somethin happened in that area that needed coverin up too. Just a thought.
Allegedly, Linda Arndt told him to put her down. Then, she moved the body to the spot under the Christmas Tree!
Arndt :rolleyes:

^ If I recall correctly, LA had heard him screaming and went to the area at the top of the basement stairs, as she watched him run up the stairs. He ran up the stairs and laid the body down where LA was standing (in the area at the top of the stairs). That's how I understood it, anyway. It makes sense in that, he laid her down right when he saw someone, and LA was the first person he saw (who could "help").

It's important to note that, after this encounter, LA herself moved (or had the body moved, can't recall exactly now) the body to just below the Christmas tree in the living room, as she wanted to get it away from the high-traffic area JR had originally put her.

I've never thought he did, but my mind could be changing. I've always thought the note was mainly some silly attempt to try and fool only John, and that he insisted on calling cops, and had suspicions right off but figured it all out while waiting.

I think you're spot on.

As I recall - didn't FW state that he thought John screamed even before he had opened the door to the wine cellar?

John didn't recall whether or not he switched the light on (when surely he would have remembered whether or not the room was in darkness when he found his daughter's body?).

FW then ran upstairs calling for somebody to call 911. I don't recall reading that Linda Arndt was at the top of the stairs. I always assumed she was still with the others, comforting Patsy, but she obviously would have jumped to her feet when she saw what had occurred.

^ I think FW stated JR screamed before he turned on the light in the wine cellar. So he had opened the door, slightly stepped in, and immediately screamed, before turning the light on. This is suspicious because, FW opened the wine cellar and said it was pitch dark. He attempted to locate the switch but couldn't. So going by that, FW had stepped into the room as far as JR did, and wasn't able to see the body with the light off -- but JR, somehow (miraculously, one might say) was able to see it.

Yep. Amazing how he had built-in night vision.

And second sight. As soon as Arndt gave him the go-ahead he was up and running, like a greyhound out of a trap. He was able to go straight to the wine cellar.

I'm probably exaggerating just a little. Lol.

I think that's about right. Burke needed to be out of the house and away from everybody. But first the body had to be found so as to have a reason. I bet Johns nerves were shot knowin his son was probably gettin restless, hungry or somethin. Or an FBI agent could walk through the door at anytime and want to question everyone.
After John was successful at this his mind turned to lawyerin up. If he could get investigators to approach him with suspicion he would have an excuse. I might be goin out on a limb here but Johns not a stupid man. I don't believe for one minute that he thought he was goin to Atlanta. Maybe he intended on that call bein overheard to hurry this part of his plan along. The part about lawyerin up.

We got a long ways to go, and a short time to get there

Also, if I remember correctly, JR held her upright away from him - not cradling her in his arms as most parents would have done.

Also, if I remember correctly, JR held her upright away from him - not cradling her in his arms as most parents would have done.
I am in no way defending JR - but, it would be pretty difficult to cradle a 4' 48#, stiff as a board corpse, as you were navigating a stairway.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back