Remains found confirmed as Jacob Wetterling/Suspect led LE to Remains #2

I thought by far the most moving part of the ceremony was cousin Allen Overturf's long encomium, which was full of anecdotes and reminiscences. Starts at about 47:40 of the above video.

The fact that they had never been shared because of looking forward not back. Powerful.

The fact that this service was pulled together in three weeks during a time that must have been soul wrenching is unreal. The family and community is incredible. From the heart of America let the continuation of the important critical work comtinue on! America will change if changes are made to how children are treated and raised at home and at schools. Giving chuldren love and dealing with their pain in positive instead of punitive ways is the answer.

I liked seeing Red Grammer sing "Listen." That song was the backdrop of the early search effort, and a mainstay for the last 27 years.

His performance was stunning. That service was the best and most powerful I have ever been a part of. I wasn't there, but I have now watched all of it. R.I.P. Jacob, so beautiful.

Is there anywhere to order Jacob 11 items? I know of people that want them.

Is there anywhere to order Jacob 11 items? I know of people that want them.

I haven't seen anything official. These young men have come up with a fundraiser of sorts though:

http://www.tommiemedia.com/news/tom...eads-to-fundraiser-for-wetterling-foundation/

As for the JWRC, I did see this posted on FB in reply to a request for "11 for Jacob" t-shirts to raise awareness and money for exploited children.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-09-27 at 3.03.09 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-09-27 at 3.03.09 AM.png
    31.3 KB · Views: 244
I wonder if the Wetterlings will move now that the case has been solved.
It has to be unbearable driving by the abduction spot every day knowing what happened next. The house itself, must also represent years of pain and torment.
If it were me, and I'm so thankful, it's not, I would want a fresh start somewhere else.

I wonder if the Wetterlings will move now that the case has been solved.
It has to be unbearable driving by the abduction spot every day knowing what happened next. The house itself, must also represent years of pain and torment.
If it were me, and I'm so thankful, it's not, I would want a fresh start somewhere else.

On the flip side though, that is where all their happy memories of Jacob and their other children are. Moving to another place may feel too much like they are leaving him behind. I don't think I'd be able to leave were it me. Only time will tell how they feel though, and whatever they choose to do I wish them nothing but future happiness.

Interestingly, the YouTube page for the In the Dark podcast has been terminated. While the main APM page remains, the specific page for the podcast now has this message when you try to access it:

attachment.php

NOTE: I'm posting this here because I'm not sure where else would be more appropriate. The media thread does not allow for discussion, and I believe I am too new to be able to create a new thread for the In the Dark podcast (which I believe warrants a seperate thread to discuss). Mods please move/remove if deemed inappropriate.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-09-29 at 1.46.37 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-09-29 at 1.46.37 AM.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 197
On the flip side though, that is where all their happy memories of Jacob and their other children are. Moving to another place may feel too much like they are leaving him behind. I don't think I'd be able to leave were it me. Only time will tell how they feel though, and whatever they choose to do I wish them nothing but future happiness.

I agree. People all process differently. I hope, somehow, they find peace.

I have never seen a family like them. There are no superlatives to explain how amazing they are. They believed Jacob to be alive. I cannot fathom what this has done to them. They remain amazing.

I agree...could there be a separate thread for discussing the podcasts? There is info presented that is new to me, anyway. They are extremely well done!

http://www.apmreports.org/in-the-dark

The podcasts are gut wrenching. What the Wetterlings went through is even far worse than we knew. How they did it! 27 years!

The sheer amount of police work-70,000 tips that they investigated. Then the crazy psychic bs.

The car theory consumed their searches for 14 years.Even going to Iowa for a major search.

People wanted to be helpful, but all of the bs tips sure did eat up time . The "sightings", the crazy theories.

It changed the course of the way we look at sex abuse which was so needed. Consider the he** victims lived in silently.

The nationwide emphasis took the eyes off of the local connection.

Even on WS people had their huge conspiracy theories. This crime had to be BIG!

But in the end it was a tiny disturbed person of such nothing .

Jerry and Patty Wetterling Speak About Their Son Jacob

[video=youtube;-9lfyCY7cFA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9lfyCY7cFA[/video]

Jerry and Patty Wetterling Speak About Their Son Jacob

[video=youtube;-9lfyCY7cFA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9lfyCY7cFA[/video]

I continue to be amazed by this family. Let the children lead indeed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back