Is there anyone that believes Ross is innocent?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been torn from day 1 on this case. It was evident quickly that this was going to be an emotional trial. I hope the jury keeps eyes wide open and decides a just verdict from the facts and facts alone. The first 2 days of testimony have been riveting for me. I like the judge. The lawyers have remained very professional thus far.

Just wanted to say I haven't really been on here since Jodi Arias and forgot how much i love reading these threads and how helpful everyone is! I've got to catch up since we're already on day 3 - shoutout to y'all for giving the best insight & info! #cheers

He went back to the car at lunch, opened and shut the door....THEN drove away at the end of the work day before 'discovering' his dead son. That says it ALL for me.

I'm with you on this...it's all i can think about. There is NO excuse for him leaving the baby in the car...then go there a few hours later and not notice an odor...then go back into the car to drive off and suddenly...'OMG Cooper is in the car!!" No I don't buy it.

That and the fact that the daycare is right there where they just ate breakfast and he was interacting with his son... and told him he 'loved him' while buckling him into a too small, too tight carseat. jmo

Didn't he also give him a kiss 'goodbye' just in case he ever passed he would know he was loved? I remember something about that.

Does anyone know the differences in jail time between the charges? In other words, if he's found guilty of being responsible but not guilty of premeditated murder, what is the difference in sentencing. Is there much of a chance that he will walk since he is responsible either way? I don't know if there will be enough actual evidence, not circumstantial, to convict him of premeditation. It's hard to disprove that he just forgot Cooper.

3 times he was at or in the car and 3 times he didn't see the top of Cooper's head.

So Ross is either blind or guilty. Jmo

3 times he was at or in the car and 3 times he didn't see the top of Cooper's head.

So Ross is either blind or guilty. Jmo

He's guilty because if he was blind, he shouldn't be driving! ;)

I haven't been here since Arias, either, but I'm happy to be back. I have a problem with believing his innocence in three places: first, the incredibly short time from leaving Chik-fil-a and parking at work. If it had been 15 or 25 minutes, long enough for driving-zombie to kick in, I could almost believe it - I know I've left work for example, meaning to go to the store, and drove home instead just on auto-pilot. But within 2 minutes, and after having to wrestle poor Cooper into a child seat and all that entails? Nah. It's not long enough to forget. But the biggest for me is RH's backing into the parking space. He would have have to have seen Cooper's head. Even using a back up camera, you always double check with your eyes, turn your head, because the cameras don't have peripheral vision, and he would have seen Cooper. Then finally when he tossed the light bulbs into the car, and he turns his head away from the back seat. That speaks volumes.

The things that clinch it for me (in no particular order) :

1. The car seat straps being on the lowest setting.

2. The backing into the space.

3. Stopping the picture taking at day care drop off two weeks before.

There are many other hinky parts to his story, but these three things are what tip me past reasonable doubt to guilty.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

The things that clinch it for me (in no particular order) :

1. The car seat straps being on the lowest setting.

2. The backing into the space.

3. Stopping the picture taking at day care drop off two weeks before.

There are many other hinky parts to his story, but these three things are what tip me past reasonable doubt to guilty.

I've tried to keep up, but can't say I've read or seen everything. I don't recall hearing about "stopping picture taking at daycare drop off 2 weeks prior". Would someone mind sharing a link to the source or thread where I can read about this? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've tried to keep up, but can't say I've read or seen everything. I don't recall hearing about "stopping picture taking at daycare drop off 2 weeks prior". Would someone mind sharing a link to the source or thread where I can read about this? Thanks.

Prosecution opening statement.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/ross-harr...the-ross-harris-hot-car-death-trial/452970908

3:10 p.m.: Prosecutors say Harris used to take a photo of Cooper at day care everyday and send it to his wife to let her know he made it safely. Two weeks before Cooper's death, day care workers say he stopped sending the photos and told them, "He's just getting too old for that."

Prosecution opening statement.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/ross-harr...the-ross-harris-hot-car-death-trial/452970908

3:10 p.m.: Prosecutors say Harris used to take a photo of Cooper at day care everyday and send it to his wife to let her know he made it safely. Two weeks before Cooper's death, day care workers say he stopped sending the photos and told them, "He's just getting too old for that."

Thank you! I had not seen this.

I haven't kept up with the case very well, but I just read at the link below that Harris' ex wife, Leanna Taylor, is convinced Cooper's death was an accident. Does anyone know if that's correct, and if so why she would believe it was an accident?

At this point I have a hard time believing it was an accident, maybe if he wasn't used to taking him to daycare, but he was, it was a routine. They had just gone to ChikFilet too, right? How can he have that short of a memory ? jmo

http://www.ajc.com/news/local/thing...s-harris-trial-begins/vuY6bCNBrR5YjcIDjApo7M/

As of today (subject to change, lol) I think he is innocent of the charge of malice murder. I don't believe he had any intention of harming Cooper, and that in fact he loved Cooper enough to stay in what clearly was his unhappy marriage with Leanne.

I also believe RH is profoundly immature, that it's likely Leanne felt as if she had to "mother" him as well as their son, and that RH resented her as a result. IMO his resentment of Leanne was likely what motivated his decision to not take photos of Cooper arriving at daycare anymore, beginning 2 weeks before Cooper's death.

Same thing about his complaints to online GF's that Leanne didn't like his going out to play, and for that matter, maybe resentment was what drove him to have online GF's to begin with.

In the two weeks before Cooper's death, RH stopped taking those photos, Leanne went home to visit family, and RH escalated his sexual contact with a 16 year old. I'm willing to bet it was in that timeframe he researched prison life, and that he did so because he was aware his sexting with a minor was illegal, but had no intention of stopping himself.

What I see is a RH becoming increasingly "defiant" towards Leanne, increasingly preoccupied with his online life, and increasingly willing to engage in increasingly risky behavior.

Imo all of that was about his unhappiness with Leanne, their marriage, and his juvenile response to not getting what he felt deserved at work, and had nothing to do with how he felt about Cooper.

As of today (subject to change, lol) I think he is innocent of the charge of malice murder. I don't believe he had any intention of harming Cooper, and that in fact he loved Cooper enough to stay in what clearly was his unhappy marriage with Leanne.

I also believe RH is profoundly immature, that it's likely Leanne felt as if she had to "mother" him as well as their son, and that RH resented her as a result. IMO his resentment of Leanne was likely what motivated his decision to not take photos of Cooper arriving at daycare anymore, beginning 2 weeks before Cooper's death.

Same thing about his complaints to online GF's that Leanne didn't like his going out to play, and for that matter, maybe resentment was what drove him to have online GF's to begin with.

In the two weeks before Cooper's death, RH stopped taking those photos, Leanne went home to visit family, and RH escalated his sexual contact with a 16 year old. I'm willing to bet it was in that timeframe he researched prison life, and that he did so because he was aware his sexting with a minor was illegal, but had no intention of stopping himself.

What I see is a RH becoming increasingly "defiant" towards Leanne, increasingly preoccupied with his online life, and increasingly willing to engage in increasingly risky behavior.

Imo all of that was about his unhappiness with Leanne, their marriage, and his juvenile response to not getting what he felt deserved at work, and had nothing to do with how he felt about Cooper.

Well put and I also agree with you it was not malice (intended murder) and I believe the jury will come to the same conclusion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree with what you say about his resentment towards his wife and his defiance, and unhappiness with his life. But I see all of that as a possible motive for his 'forgetting' his son in the hot car. If he truly wanted to escape his marriage and start anew, then having a baby would be a real hindrance.

I am not certain that he planned the death of his son. But I do think he was severely negligent and did not care that much to keep him safe.

Interesting diversity of opinions. Whatever the case, maybe we can all agree on one thing - he's a worthless piece of ****. JMO

Hi Neesaki. :)

Reply button fritzing again, but lol, count me in on not finding RH an especially sympathetic defendant, even if completely innocent of malice murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998