Identified! TX - Huntsville, 'Walker County Jane Doe', WhtFem 14-16, 91UFTX, Nov'80 Sherry Ann Jarvis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah both cases are different.My main focus was the bite marks on both victims.It seems that is the only physical evidence left by the killer on WCJD.In 1999 WCJD body was exhumed I wonder if DNA was extracted?Being how far technology has come along 35 years later would they be able to detect anything from the bite mark at this point?

Good question. Does anyone know if they took imprints of the bite marks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good question. Does anyone know if they took imprints of the bite marks?

Good question......come to think of it yes they must have.When a detective went to question Henry Lee Lucas about WCJD the only piece of evidence they could link him to the victim was the bite mark.But Lucas had reconstructive dental work done on his teeth,so that was out the window.So yes they must have an imprint of the bite mark,how else would they have been able to compare it to Lucas.

Hair color is a little off, but what do you think of Tammy Surdam, added to NamUs at the end of August?
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/34986/353/

I submitted Tammy's profile to NamUs. The current thought is that she never made it out of Missouri.

This is from a March 2, 1997 St. Louis Post-Dispatch article:

Nathan D. "Danny" Williams, a convicted child rapist, is a suspect in the 1979 disappearance of a 12-year-old runaway from St. Charles, police sources say.

Williams, 36, of St. Louis, was convicted twice of brutally raping young girls. He is serving a 30-year sentence. Authorities believe he also may be a serial killer with victims as far away as Arizona and Utah.

Recently Williams' name has been linked to Tammy's disappearance. St. Charles police investigating the case say they cannot comment. Privately some officers say that Williams is a suspect.

St. Louis Homicide Detective Chris Pappas and FBI Agent Bill Francis are the lead investigators into Williams' past. Pappas said he has spoken with two people who, on separate occasions, said Williams told them that he had snatched a 12-year-old girl off Jefferson Street in St. Charles in the late 1970s. One of the witnesses said Williams put the incident near a college.

Both sources said Williams raped the girl, stabbed her and then buried her body in a rural area of St. Charles County.

Pappas asked St. Charles police whether they had any girls reported missing in the 1970s. Tammy's case surfaced. Her disappearance had received no publicity because Tammy was a chronic runaway.

The feisty, blond girl vanished just two days after she had been placed in the Youth in Need shelter, at 529 Jefferson Street. The shelter, a large, white house, is four blocks from Lindenwood College.

Yes I believe you can call it that. I checked on google maps and you can see it when you look up Hitchin Post Huntsville Tx, I hope you can see it in the picture. It is marked with red.

Huh, that's really close to the airport. When I looked up the airport they had a topographic map of the area from 1976 which was interesting:

attachment.php

Attachments

• WynneUnitTopoMapNew.jpg
    WynneUnitTopoMapNew.jpg
    210.7 KB · Views: 521
I looked into the potential lead that WCJD may have been a runaway named "Kitty" and found Carol "Kitty" Donn, missing since 1979 in Florida. The issue with this is that Ms. Donn had a tattoo on her shoulder and also has her DNA in CODIS. However, I wonder if the bite mark on WCJD could have potentially damaged a tattoo if it was there, depending on its size.

I looked into the potential lead that WCJD may have been a runaway named "Kitty" and found Carol "Kitty" Donn, missing since 1979 in Florida. The issue with this is that Ms. Donn had a tattoo on her shoulder and also has her DNA in CODIS. However, I wonder if the bite mark on WCJD could have potentially damaged a tattoo if it was there, depending on its size.

Her date last seen was Jan 2nd 1981, so she can't be WCJD.

This is the Kitty that was being discussed

I was looking through old newspapers and saw an article in the Galveston Daily News from May 1980 that mentions a runaway girl at a local youth shelter named 'Kitty.' She was featured in a documentary about runaways and testified at congressional hearings on the "Runaway and Homeless Youth Act."

The image isn't the best and she's wearing sunglasses, but I can see some similarities in the nose, lips, and low hairline. I couldn't find anything else about Kitty or a better image of what, I believe, is Kitty testifying before Congress. Does anyone else see similarities?
attachment.php

So, I found another article that basically confirms that Kitty and Kathy are not the same. The Boston Globe did a write-up on the Runaway documentary on June 2, 1980. Kitty is 17. There was a follow-up to the original documentary a year later in 1981 but newspaper mentions of it don't go over what runaways were profiled. With this information, I don't think Kitty and Kathy are the same person, but I think Kitty is still a good candidate for WCJD.

attachment.php

I can't believe she died 36 years ago today :rose:

Rest in peace, sweet Walker County Jane Doe :rose:

You suffered terribly, and didn't even have as much as a name for 36 whole years. But you will soon :rose:

Thinking of her often, especially today ❤️

Today marks 36 years since her body was found. I really hope she is identified soon. RIP Walker County Jane Doe. We'll never stop searching for your name.

Today marks 36 years since her body was found. I really hope she is identified soon. RIP Walker County Jane Doe. We'll never stop searching for your name.

I pray she is ID'd before the 37th anniversary.
That's an awful long time and a long time for not contacting family and friends.
Someone has to be missing this Angel.

Off topic:
I have been looking for a dear friend of mine who was a BFF from my time living in Cincinnati (1982-83) when I was 15-16. We lost touch soon after I married after HS.
Two times I went back to visit with no luck finding her.
I thought of my friend every day and I knew I could find her via social media, so I started my quest around 2008. This past September I was looking for her as usual and I found her obit from 2011.

I cried for 4 hours straight so hard my face & jaw hurt for days. My quest is over and my dear friend is dead. What's left is a deep pain & hole in my heart, lots of tears and treasured memories.

Someone has to be in my shoes, looking for their long lost friend, cousin, sister...

That's an awful long time and a long time for not contacting family and friends.
Off topic:
I have been looking for a dear friend of mine who was a BFF from my time living in Cincinnati (1982-83) when I was 15-16. We lost touch soon after I married after HS.
I thought of my friend every day and I knew I could find her via social media, so I started my quest around 2008. This past September I was looking for her as usual and I found her obit from 2011.

I cried for 4 hours straight so hard my face & jaw hurt for days. My quest is over and my dear friend is dead. What's left is a deep pain & hole in my heart, lots of tears and treasured memories.

Someone has to be in my shoes, looking for their long lost friend, cousin, sister...

Very sorry for the loss of your friend, U2.

Off topic:

I am so sorry for your loss. ((Hugs))

Let's make sure this Jane Doe finds her way home to friends and family.

i think it's very clear that this is an early Robert Ben Rhoades victim. Harris County Jane and Jon Does as well (this is a definite in my mind - the bloody towel- a signature of his, the different way in which the guy and woman were killed). maybe orange socks.

this guy has potentially 30-40 bodies tied to him. reason suggests then that a good number of these jane and jon does are his. these are the work of a serial killer, not isolated incidents, and they fit his basic mo (pick up undersized young drifter at truck stop, rape/torture/kill with rituals relatoin to articles of clothing and presentation, dispose on road side or desolate area) more than any other plausible serial killers we know of.

as far as the head shaving/torture cab stuff, i think it is safe to assume, like most sexual sadists and successful serial killers, there is a progressive sort of fetishization that involves upping the dose bc of desensitization over time (like drug addiction). just from the accounts of his known crimes- though he repeats certain facets, he varies in the sexual sadism to various degrees and it seems like e became more sophisticated, ritualized, and brazen over time.

is there a thread somewhere that tries to account for his victims i should be directed to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave