NY - Karina Vetrano, 30, found murdered, Queens, 2 Aug 2016 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Father’s FB page has posts yesterday showing photos of large banners displayed –

$200,000
REWARD

FOR MORE INFORMATION REGARDING A HOMICIDE

Father’s FB page has posts yesterday showing photos of large banners displayed –

$200,000
REWARD

I am not a big believer that large rewards work.....BUT...IF the Central Park perp is the same as the Howard Beach perp, someone who was previously scared to come forward with information might now come forward for the reward, since the perp is in custody.

Still holding out hope this is the guy....

jmo

$200,000
REWARD

The way they're posting the two banners, one would look at them and immediately think that he is the perp, no simply someone they want to "talk to." Do you all feel that this is how he is viewed by PV? Does LE have to approve a banner before it is posted? Because unless his status changed somehow (as it would if he were also tentatively though to be the Central Park perp), I would expect them to HAVE To specify on banner that he is a NOT presumed to be a POI. Am I sensing a more direct targeting of this bearded man? Just a few thoughts...

I get what you're saying but the guy has more than 30 arrests and convictions - he has to be in the system.
I am not a big believer that large rewards work.....BUT...IF the Central Park perp is the same as the Howard Beach perp, someone who was previously scared to come forward with information might now come forward for the reward, since the perp is in custody.

Still holding out hope this is the guy....

jmo

Also, didn't mean to say phone was destroyed. Just that I see the perps differing in how they would deal w/ a phone.

Not sure why this is just released now...but this is an interesting story. Flatlands Brooklyn is not too far from Spring Creek...happened August 12th and 29th....

http://pix11.com/2016/10/15/sketch-...anted-for-attacking-woman-on-brooklyn-street/

Naked, not too far from the water or the train, it is interesting, thank you Lauranyc83. Does it also remind you of the picture of the guy in the white T shirt riding on the subway posted upthread, who kind of looked like the witness as well?

From here: https://www.google.com/maps/@40.6264125,-73.9321962,195a,20y,76.13h,81.68t/data=!3m1!1e3

attachment.php

Screenshot 2016-10-15 at 9.52.40 PM.jpgScreenshot 2016-10-15 at 9.57.29 PM.jpgScreenshot 2016-10-15 at 9.58.47 PM.jpg the marker is by Spring Creek Park, if I have it right.

Seems there are alot of naked men running around.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

LOL. And at 6 am! He must have been cold. Ahem.

ETA: oh oh this was in August. NVM. But good thing they are releasing the sketch two months later.

LOL. And at 6 am! He must have been cold. Ahem.

ETA: oh oh this was in August. NVM. But good thing they are releasing the sketch two months later.
I'm confused why it took them 2 months, there is surveillance too. They had to have had that when investigating in the beginning.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I'm confused why it took them 2 months, there is surveillance too. They had to have had that when investigating in the beginning.

From some cases I've seen (not saying it is the case here ) .... LE will first circulate a sketch of a perp amongst their own, hoping for capture that way - they know once they go public, they will get lots of mistaken sightings, and investing all of those uses up valuable resources...

Update from dad. No word on gopro guy.
Just was coming to post the same. The way it is written sounds like the video shows something that would break the case...but if LE has this video of photo or whatever then I'm thinking they would release it eventually looking for information....

I get what you're saying but the guy has more than 30 arrests and convictions - he has to be in the system.

Has any news outlet posted a photograph of the Central Park perp?

Has any news outlet posted a photograph of the Central Park perp?
I have not seen one yet, I'm not sure if he is still at Bellevue and even arraigned yet.

Thank you, Map Master.

Here's a bit more info on Sunday's rape. Sounds like the perp was in a car, spotted the woman, and then maneuvered to attack her from behind. :(

http://nypost.com/2016/10/17/woman-attacked-raped-during-early-morning-walk-to-work/

I have a hunch the rape is not connected to Karina's, but sharing the MO just in case we spot something that stands out.

jmo
Map master! Lol

I agree, I don't see a connection, but interested to see a sketch or surveillance. A lot of homes along the expressway have cameras, or perhaps DOT cameras are in the area. I'll look and see if I can find any. Horrible that men think this is okay. What the heck gives anyone the urge to do this??? Go get a prostitute to relieve your sexual tension. Ugh!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member