NY - Karina Vetrano, 30, found murdered, Queens, 2 Aug 2016 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is taking me so much not to comment on the news fb post about this. Victim blaming again. "It's still dark out at 6:30 why was she walking alone in the dark"....ok so we can't even go to work now?!?!
"Why was she walking on the highway she could of been hit by a car". .no she was not walking on the high way...the service road is called Horace Harding Expressway...she was walking on the sidewalk in front of homes.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Horrible. 168 st and Horace Harding has homes and businesses.
What vile monster rapes a woman walking to work at 6:30 am?

This world!!! SMH

It is taking me so much not to comment on the news fb post about this. Victim blaming again. "It's still dark out at 6:30 why was she walking alone in the dark"....ok so we can't even go to work now?!?!
"Why was she walking on the highway she could of been hit by a car". .no she was not walking on the high way...the service road is called Horace Harding Expressway...she was walking on the sidewalk in front of homes.

Grrr......

Gee....why was she female? She's just asking for it with that gender.....

Gets me so mad!!

The person to blame is the rapist.

Seems to be happening every day now. Ugh.

Woman raped on Horace Harding Expressway in Fresh Meadows on Sunday.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=NYDailyNewsTw

I've added a map marker for this rape, recognizing that it doesn't seem to have any link to the Vetrano murder. I've also added markers for the Central Park attacker's prior residence in Averne, and for the "naked guy" attempted race in Flatlands, despite any links to them. Map link: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1HkSGGqflWAeEDxY-7tSIQAignsw

Bear in mind that the map is starting to fill up with rape related incidents because we're taking notice of them, and not because Queens is somehow having a "rape wave". When you start to look for things, you will find them, and there will seem to be more of them than when you weren't looking for them.

Screenshot 2016-10-17 at 2.19.31 PM.png

Snip

She was on the phone with her sister back in China, where she had immigrated from just four months ago, when the man threw her to the ground, sources said.

The brute choked the victim during the horrific attack, causing her to briefly lose consciousness, cop sources said.

He then tried to wipe both of them clean with a striped T-shirt and gave the victim some liquid to wash herself with, sources said.

The suspect was described as black, in his 40s, 5-foot-9, clean shaven with short black hair and wearing a black T-shirt and blue jeans and smelling of booze. He spoke to the woman in a Chinese dialect before fleeing, sources said.

He uttered something to the effect of “get out of here,” according to sources.

The creep then drove away in a black car heading west on the expressway.

The victim, who was walking the 45 blocks from her home to work because she hasn’t yet learned the transit system, managed to make it the IOG Supermarket, about a mile and half from where she was assaulted, sources said.

She then alerted her son of the attack, who called police.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...-old-queens-woman-article-1.2833797?cid=bitly

Authorities asked anyone with information to call Crime Stoppers at (800) 577-TIPS.

What a sicko! But one who speaks chinese. Interesting.
Check Uber drivers. Car service drivers.

Snip

She was on the phone with her sister back in China, where she had immigrated from just four months ago, when the man threw her to the ground, sources said.

The brute choked the victim during the horrific attack, causing her to briefly lose consciousness, cop sources said.

He then tried to wipe both of them clean with a striped T-shirt and gave the victim some liquid to wash herself with, sources said.

The suspect was described as black, in his 40s, 5-foot-9, clean shaven with short black hair and wearing a black T-shirt and blue jeans and smelling of booze. He spoke to the woman in a Chinese dialect before fleeing, sources said.

He uttered something to the effect of “get out of here,” according to sources.

The creep then drove away in a black car heading west on the expressway.

The victim, who was walking the 45 blocks from her home to work because she hasn’t yet learned the transit system, managed to make it the IOG Supermarket, about a mile and half from where she was assaulted, sources said.

She then alerted her son of the attack, who called police.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...-old-queens-woman-article-1.2833797?cid=bitly

Authorities asked anyone with information to call Crime Stoppers at (800) 577-TIPS.

What a sicko! But one who speaks chinese. Interesting.
Check Uber drivers. Car service drivers.

BBM

Bingo. A black man, drinking that morning, and speaks Chinese. Someone will know who this is, imo.

Sketch released of man wanted for rape on 10/16. I'm assuming this is the one on Horace Harding?

https://mobile.twitter.com/NYPDDetectives/status/788158340908064768/photo/1

0798ceac238c53de9fef58c4d7e4bfe2.jpg

Jeezus, they better catch this guy quick. This entire thread is making me question the "street invincibility" I feel like I have. I don't wear headphones, I don't walk home from the train if I'm drunk, I'm aware of my posture/body language and try to make it say "I live here, no big deal," I take note of tips like "eat food when you're walking! it'll make potential attackers think you're comfortable with the area!" I pretend to stop and tie my shoe if I get a bad vibe from someone walking the same way I am, I fish my keys out of the bottom of my purse while I'm still on the train to have them ready as makeshift weapons between my fingers, I have fake conversations on the phone with someone who's waiting for me a block away, I have fake conversations in my own head about telling somebody my dad is a cop/my boyfriend is a gang member and wait til he hears about this.

The show "Master of None" has a great episode about this. It cuts between two male friends walking home from the bar, and their female friend doing the same. The guys cut through the empty park as a shortcut, make banter, whine about stepping in dog poop while happy-go-lucky music plays. The girl walks in the middle of the street, has 911 dialed on her phone, and tries to run into her building before the guy who followed her home from the bar can see where she lives with Jaws theme like music playing.

Reminds me of some article I can't find at the moment where a bunch of dudes were asked about what they did while they were on "rape prevention time" or something similarly worded, and most of them had no idea what that meant. Sorry for the O/T. :/

(None of the above is meant to be construed as victim blaming of any kind, of course - mostly to highlight just how futile "advice" like that tends to be.)

Karina Vetrano’s father: Woman in video may have answers
By Anthony M. DeStefano, Newsday

Oct 17 16, 9:25 pm

The Vetrano's and Karina's friends

"trying to determine the identity of a mystery woman seen on a GoPro video heading into Spring Creek Park the same August afternoon

[...]

double pony tail, was seen on the video going toward the park at 83rd Street and 164th Avenue about 20 minutes before Vetrano took her final turn into the wetlands area about 5:40 p.m. Aug. 2,

[... they've]

have been shown the video in recent weeks but no one can identify the woman seen in profile in the brief clip.

[...]

“Did you see anything?” Vetrano asked rhetorically of the still-unidentified woman."

"trying to determine the identity of a mystery woman seen on a GoPro video heading into Spring Creek Park the same August afternoon

[...]

double pony tail, was seen on the video going toward the park at 83rd Street and 164th Avenue about 20 minutes before Vetrano took her final turn into the wetlands area about 5:40 p.m. Aug. 2,

[... they've]

have been shown the video in recent weeks but no one can identify the woman seen in profile in the brief clip."

[...]
It's strange that if this woman did enter the park, she never came forward in the beginning to say "hey I was in there around 5:20 and didn't see anyone in the weeds or anything odd"

It's strange that if this woman did enter the park, she never came forward in the beginning to say "hey I was in there around 5:20 and didn't see anyone in the weeds or anything odd"

Assuming it actually is a woman, she may have been/still is too afraid to come forward. jmo

[...]

[... they've]

have been shown the video in recent weeks but no one can identify the woman seen in profile in the brief clip.

[...]

“Did you see anything?” Vetrano asked rhetorically of the still-unidentified woman."

I've never posted before, but have been observing this thread and you guys are awesome!

Anyways, this story really makes me think that this was no random attack. If another woman was in the same area around the same time, it's hard for me to believe that a random man was waiting to attack, but didn't to this woman. It makes me lean more towards someone on the immediate area, maybe more towards the beginning of her run,was watching Karina and her daily routine. It's odd that the day her Dad wasn't with her she was murdered.
Is there another way that someone could of entered the park faster to wait for her to run past? (This might already be in the thread, sorry)
She could of known or at least seen the person before in the neighborhood or blown this man off, who knows. I mean in theory, if he chose to attack the woman right around that time, wouldn't Karina run up on the attack?

Also, can someone clear this up for me? Was KV raped by the perp or foreign object, or what not? Was there no DNA ? I've read so many articles, where she was both vaginally and anally raped, but then she want but a foreign object, etc. Hate to be gruesome... Makes me sick. I hope they find this sick monster.

:welcome4:
How great of you to pitch in, chewymolasses, thank you. It's encouraging to have have people going from lurking to posting. Helps to know people continue to care. You seem to have a great grasp of the what's known, so far, and the idea that it could have been somebody stalking her from nearby or around there makes sense, that it may not have been completely random. There was DNA, but it hasn't yet been matched. I'm not too sure of any of those details that you end with were precisely confirmed in any of the coverage, as far as I know.

There was some question of the perp's impotence.

I've never posted before, but have been observing this thread and you guys are awesome!

Anyways, this story really makes me think that this was no random attack. If another woman was in the same area around the same time, it's hard for me to believe that a random man was waiting to attack, but didn't to this woman. It makes me lean more towards someone on the immediate area, maybe more towards the beginning of her run,was watching Karina and her daily routine. It's odd that the day her Dad wasn't with her she was murdered.
Is there another way that someone could of entered the park faster to wait for her to run past? (This might already be in the thread, sorry)
She could of known or at least seen the person before in the neighborhood or blown this man off, who knows. I mean in theory, if he chose to attack the woman right around that time, wouldn't Karina run up on the attack?

Also, can someone clear this up for me? Was KV raped by the perp or foreign object, or what not? Was there no DNA ? I've read so many articles, where she was both vaginally and anally raped, but then she want but a foreign object, etc. Hate to be gruesome... Makes me sick. I hope they find this sick monster.

If LE has a video showing a potential witness they should publish it as perhaps someone can identify this woman. In this murder case every witness could be helpful as LE has so less clues so far.

What astonishes me a bit is the fact that it was said many times that the area Karina was running was marshy, with very tall grass, strange folks hanging around. An area only a very courageous or maybe a bit careless woman would use for jogging.
And in this new video we get to know that at nearly the same time KV used this area for running another female in workout dress used it too?

I am curious if someone here knows if LE has 100% confirmed that it was a male perp? Regarding to some statements here that KV was possibly raped by objects this is something that could be done by an impotent male attacker but also by a woman committing a hatefully revenge murder.
I mean as long as LE has so less clues in this case I would exclude nothing.

I couldn't add this to my above post, but is it possible that the person lives in neighborhood, saw her run by as usual, hopped in car to go to park? Would that give him enough time? Maybe I'm just looking too much in this

Can't the DNA though show male or female? Weren't they going to do familial DNA comparisons?

Her being possibly rape by objects, brutally beaten, strangled makes me think it's someone that knew her and for whatever reason disliked her.

Yes. DNA shows if male or female.

WS is being whacky. Can't quote.

I can't quote and page reloads mid post. Ugh.

NYPD also released surveillance video of the Horace Harding perp's car. Maybe someone can grab it while I restart my ipad. (And get more coffee!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa