Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
[h=1]‘Gable Tostee’ shares dating advice on Facebook page, Blokes Advice[/h]July 27, 2016

Her profile said she was only on the app to make new friends and that she had a boyfriend.

A person claiming to be Tostee, who renamed himself Eric Thomas, commented and said “she’s looking for attention/validation end of story”.
Just weeks earlier, that profile wrote on the Facebook page bragging about having sex with 260 women.

http://www.news.com.au/national/que...e/news-story/3f83151bac6d847562d242db11c9228a

some of you may remember this msm from July.

‘Gable Tostee’ shares dating advice on Facebook page, Blokes Advice

July 27, 2016

Her profile said she was only on the app to make new friends and that she had a boyfriend.

A person claiming to be Tostee, who renamed himself Eric Thomas, commented and said “she’s looking for attention/validation end of story”.
Just weeks earlier, that profile wrote on the Facebook page bragging about having sex with 260 women.

http://www.news.com.au/national/que...e/news-story/3f83151bac6d847562d242db11c9228a

some of you may remember this msm from July.

He has never had a long or even short term relationship as far as I know, only one night stands.

260 one night stands that don't lead to another date or relationship, speaks for itself.

As the judge told the jury they were to discount GT's behaviour after the incident, I really think he should have stopped the Defence QC from saying anything about his actions afterwards. That seems wrong to me.

Problem with the claim she was psychotc is, that's only what Tostee's lawyer is saying and it's pretty clear on the tape they are lying.

It's a load of obvious BS. W was talking to her SISTER on the phone, talking to TOSTEE while his voice was inaudible, talking a lot of utter nonsense because she had ALCOHOL poisoning thanks to Tostee's nasty moonshine and the jury wipould have heard her getting more and more drunk.

But it serves the lawyers to gaslight her, just as it served Tostee to pretend he was sorely injured on the tape. All bulldust.

That tactic isn't as effective as the defence would like on the jurors or WSers.

If you only analyse the words on the tape, the prosecution looks as if it is making no effort to convince the jury of what's happened. This prosecution is very clever and realises that the jurors will see that this tape "speaks" for itself and what is behind the words is what will convince the jury to make a guilty verdict. Had the prosecution tried to do what the defense is doing it would just leave doubt in the jurors mind. This tape is the hangmans noose... Any defense looks, well... defensive.

Criminal Code 1899 - SECT 355 355 Deprivation of liberty - AustLII
www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/qld/consol_act/cc189994/s355.html

Any person who unlawfully confines or detains another in any place against the other person's will, or otherwise unlawfully deprives another of the other person's personal liberty, is guilty of a misdemeanour, and is liable to imprisonment for 3 years.

I think we have now discovered the motive for his not letting her go back to her hotel that night and his depriving her of her liberty as he was afraid that she could report him to the police hence he took her phone away from her. The police would then find out he had been drinking again and she could have accused him of other things of which we are unaware. Tostee was in enough trouble already with the police. He did not trust her nor did she trust him. So if that was his motive - to prevent her from calling the police - he was never going to let her go especially after he choked her, tackled her and locked her out on his balcony in the cold when she had pleaded so often with him to let her go back to her hotel - until he put her on the plane to NZ! Also she was never going to leave his apartment without her passport, phone and possessions walking around Surfers Paradise topless. But in the end, she must have realised that trying to climb down into another apartment balcony would at least possibly save her life. I have read on twitter and elsewhere that some have thought he wanted sex with her again and that is the reason he would not let her go and wanted her to stay all night. But IMO that was not the case.

They key is 'unlawful' - the same reason the self defence argument gets him off.

Morning :)

I think if the jury are anything like us on here, it's going to be a long day for them, it's so hard trying to put all emotions aside and not judge the evidence on personal values/morals.
Regarding "setting him off" reading this, there is a few things said that would hurt a ego. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-final-struggle-plus-happened-afterwards.html

I really hope for her family this is over today, either way, so they can get some semblance of closure to help begin healing.

If you only analyse the words on the tape, the prosecution looks as if it is making no effort to convince the jury of what's happened. This prosecution is very clever and realises that the jurors will see that this tape "speaks" for itself and what is behind the words is what will convince the jury to make a guilty verdict. Had the prosecution tried to do what the defense is doing it would just leave doubt in the jurors mind. This tape is the hangmans noose... Any defense looks, well... defensive.

I agree completely. It's a no brainer, when you listen to the tape. Everything else is an attempt to distract from what's on the tape.

I agree.
Keep it simple and let the evidence speak for itself.
The witnesses heard what they heard but saw little really.
imo

I agree.
Keep it simple and let the evidence speak for itself.
The witnesses heard what they heard but saw little really.
imo

The prosecution knows it has no case. It's hoping to convict on emotion and moral culpability alone. You think the prosecution doesn't know and rely on 'The Courier Mail' effect?

attachment.php

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 121
The prosecution knows it has no case. It's hoping to convict on emotion and moral culpability alone. You think the prosecution doesn't know and rely on 'The Courier Mail' effect?

Are the jury allowed to read the courier mail?

As the Judge told the jury - whatever the Crown and Defence have said "IS NOT EVIDENCE" it is a guide. They must rely on the Audio.

Thinking of Gables choke hold... I am sure there's not a single person on that jury who would ever restrain a drunk woman by the neck! We all know most people would probably say "Here's your bag. You're going home. I've called you a taxi and I'm taking you downstairs" ... At the most a reasonable person would guide her with reasonable force to the taxi and made sure she got in. A man of gentle nature would do that. A violent man would do what Gable did. The minute he put her on the balcony he imprisoned her. Utterly criminal.

Every human being deserves a dignified death. Gable Tostee not only robbed Warriena Wright of that by imprisoning her, torturing her and all the other crimes against her human dignity, he also put it to the public so that the humiliation was seen by everyone. What a dreadfully ignominious end to a person's life.

I agree completely. It's a no brainer, when you listen to the tape. Everything else is an attempt to distract from what's on the tape.

If you are referring to the choking noises that is still pure speculation. There is no evidence on Warrina's body that indicates she was choked. As such, based on the evidence, the force used to remove her to the balcony was reasonable. You cannot say beyond reasonable doubt that she was choked. <modsnip>

Every human being deserves a dignified death. Gable Tostee not only robbed Warriena Wright of that by imprisoning her, torturing her and all the other crimes against her human dignity, he also put it to the public so that the humiliation was seen by everyone. What a dreadfully ignominious end to a person's life.

There was no evidence of injury to Warriena that suggested any foul play from Tostee.

There was no evidence of injury to Warriena that suggested any foul play from Tostee.
It has been said that you can cut off oxygen and blood supply to the brain without leaving a mark. It would also be quite difficult to assess a person's injuries pre falling 14 storeys onto a concrete slab. Any evidence of the trauma that he imposed would be removed by the impact of a fall from such height. After all her head was hyperflexed into her trunk.

It has been said that you can cut off oxygen and blood supply to the brain without leaving a mark. It would also be quite difficult to assess a person's injuries pre falling 14 storeys onto a concrete slab. Any evidence of the trauma that he imposed would be removed by the impact of a fall from such height. After all her head was hyperflexed into her trunk.

Yes, but again, you are still speculating. The evidence does not show said trauma inflicted by Tostee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member