Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow....Feel terrible for WW's family right now. Very sad stuff.

Now that the trial is over, is there a way to hear all the audio they played in court? Thanks!

I suppose there will be many lonely and socially inappropriate men haunting the internet, and the streets, all over identifying with Tostee, proclaiming from the steps of public buildings how Gabe was unfairly treated , that women who will not agree to leave without their possessions, which is the rightful property of the host, according to some weird thought process, and will go on proclaiming that men must reclaim the night. That women who , on a fine tropical winters night , in a city made for tourists, somehow they should cop what befalls them.

It is merely the echo's of ages past, nothing original in it. . These kind of men are a dollar a dozen., 30 for $2.00 they will always, always be there.. Nothing can change that, because their position is a chosen one, they like it, and it comforts them.

To the citizens of Surfers Paradise, and QLD in general, it must be very disturbing to have woken up the other day to find the 5 million or so balconies they paid for, and pay rates for and pay insurance for , and clean, and decorate, and grow plants on and eat dinner at are not , and have never been, their property. That they are common property, and some smartypants is going to test that law by demanding right of way, and ease of access to someone else's balcony, even if it's thru their bedroom or loungeroom.. it's only a matter of time.

Gabe will probably try Cairns.. ( he doesn't have enough smarts, or money to try Sydney ) ... a steady run of women tourists, a long break to try and regain his figure, revive those missing pectorals, far enough away to put the unfairness of Surfers behind him. But.. .. Cairns has a whole lot of other nuisances that Gabe may not be au fait with, nor capable of controlling...

And follow that quote back, and that quote back, then read it all in its proper context.

When you question a post that is replying to another post, then the original question of the original post, is the context in which the new answer is given.

Post chains are like conversations. One cannot take each post as an individual statement that applies in every situation everywhere. Nor can one take a sentence that relies on the logic of the previous sentence, and then use it out of the context it was written in.

You'll notice how I did err though, thanks for pointing it out. I actually used the "video" example in the previous post in the chain, not in that same post. That sometimes happens when one remembers the entire discussion, rather than a single post out of context.

Here's the wrench in the works: there are actually several different people here with several viewpoints. You're not debating some hivemind. Just because I disagree with your comments doesn't mean I take on the mantle of every previous poster disagreeing with you. I'm not the Dread Pirate Roberts. So no, that context doesn't apply to my post at all. I'm talking about the things I'm talking about. Nothing more, nothing less.

That said, I do find it very difficult to tell when someone has ulterior motives and I often take their behavior at face value, which means I find it hard to discern whether someone is honestly engaging as opposed to trying to get a rise out of me. I think I've erred in my judgment in this instance.

I wonder what the jury is thinking now. Now that they are learning about his:

Fake ID scheme, netting them $30,000
His four DUIs
His highrange drunk dangerous driving conviction, endangering the public and his passengers
His violently kicking a police officer

On top of all the seedy, grubby recording behaviour and denigration of women on the bodybuilding forum.

Such a travesty that background and patterns of behaviour cannot be introduced in trials.

They shouldn't be thinking anything of it. They did their job and found him not guilty based on the evidence presented.

Unfortunately, we don't know her relationship history, or how she deals with abandonment.

We do know she recently climbed Q1, and skydived. It's not unreasonable to think she was confident at heights, and utterly humiliated in front of what was a growing crowd. Add some serious alcohol, and the mental and physical limitations it creates, and yes, he may have caused her to go over the edge, but by unintentionally triggering something other than fear.

I guess she thought screaming teriffyingly would add good measure? Why would a person who was confident at heights sound so terrified?

Also, not sure my first thought would be abandonment if someone had locked me in their home. My first thought would be "this guy is nuts, I need to get away!"

They shouldn't be thinking anything of it. They did their job and found him not guilty based on the evidence presented.

In the real world, I think they will be thinking about this trial and their difficult task for a long time to come.
Less than encouraging for them to now know that he is a dangerous person.

Unfortunately, we don't know her relationship history, or how she deals with abandonment.

We do know she recently climbed Q1, and skydived. It's not unreasonable to think she was confident at heights, and utterly humiliated in front of what was a growing crowd. Add some serious alcohol, and the mental and physical limitations it creates, and yes, he may have caused her to go over the edge, but by unintentionally triggering something other than fear for her life.

The problem with speculating is no one knows exactly what happened in that apartment that night. It seems like GT had plenty of dating experience what was it 150 conquests? in a year or something? What about the previous girl that he frightened that he was a real creeper and fled from him and deleted her SM? GT is not right in his head IMO.

In the real world, I think they will be thinking about this trial and their difficult task for a long time to come.
Less than encouraging for them to now know that he is a dangerous person.

I agree SA, it's not the girls that are the problem it's GT.

We do know she recently climbed Q1, and skydived. It's not unreasonable to think she was confident at heights, and utterly humiliated in front of what was a growing crowd. Add some serious alcohol, and the mental and physical limitations it creates, and yes, he may have caused her to go over the edge, but by unintentionally triggering something other than fear for her life.

BBM... no evidence whatsoever of this peculiar and patronising claim. and utterly humiliated in front of what was a growing crowd is a complete fantasy, a product of a mind set on victim bashing as a way of compensating for the failures of the perpetrator, of whom much is self identified by the claimant. ..

Gabe has a long police record. Warriena has no such thing, either in NZ or in Australia, and in contrast to Tostee has a long public record of highly admired public service, something Tostee will never attain

the time for sinking the boot in to Warriena is long, long past . If people do not realise this, It is a measure of their capacity to walk among their fellow humans with any degree of dignity and validity.

I guess she thought screaming teriffyingly would add good measure? Why would a person who was confident at heights sound so terrified?
She was screaming BEFORE the door closed. Remember that.

I could well imagine when he was bringing her to the balcony, that the thought crossed her mind he may be taking her there, to chuck her off the balcony.

But when he let's her go, likely facing her as he closes the door, turns his back, and walks away... that is the turning point where what she is thinking and feeling becomes truly unknown.

They were just intimate. He just manhandled her. He tossed her outside like a dog, or like garbage.

I want to go home.

You can read 'terror' into it, but you can also read 'completely crushed'.

Here's something that may be of use for the 'Boorish Brah' creepers who lack basic commonsense:

An Incomplete Guide to Not Creeping

I love your links to guides about human behaviour and disorders etc. :heart: It's such an education, if only the ones it's intended for would read them. GT would now believe he's untouchable, imo! God's gift to women and men alike! :scared:

Here's the wrench in the works: there are actually several different people here with several viewpoints. You're not debating some hivemind. Just because I disagree with your comments doesn't mean I take on the mantle of every previous poster disagreeing with you. I'm not the Dread Pirate Roberts. So no, that context doesn't apply to my post at all. I'm talking about the things I'm talking about. Nothing more, nothing less.

That said, I do find it very difficult to tell when someone has ulterior motives and I often take their behavior at face value, which means I find it hard to discern whether someone is honestly engaging as opposed to trying to get a rise out of me. I think I've erred in my judgment in this instance.
This is why one must not only read the post, but the post that is quoted.

It is also important to read all the posts, and not "ignore" people, because you miss important things.

It is also important to keep the forum civil. A little poke here and there is okay, but when you're called on it, drop it. When the mods step in and start editing, posts in a chain also get clipped that make going back and trying to make sense of anything impossible.

I was able to listen to the first 20 minutes or so of the recording this morning, and there was one part that i can't get out of my mind. Tostee proclaims the best things in life are food, sex and sleep. Rrie doesn't agree. She says that justice is the best thing. Tostee seems totally puzzled by this. He just can't fathom it. He says something to the effect that you only need justice if someone's wronged you in the first place.

Rrie, I'm so sorry we couldn't get justice for you. I'm so sorry that your life was in the hands of someone who valued justice so little that he could not imagine finding it more important than food, sleep or sex.

Some theorized that he did something menacingly behind the glass to force her over the edge. Notice how she wasn't saying, "Get away from me".

Some theorized that she was in total fear for her life. Notice how when the witness tells her she can't come down that way, she doesn't reply, "He's trying to kill me".

Some theorized she was scared of what he might do next. Notice how when the witness tells her not to come down that way, she doesn't say, "He's going to kill me".

I want to go home.

Many have theorized she may have felt "imprisoned" on that balcony. It is equally plausible that being tossed on that balcony after being intimate, would make one feel "rejected".

Abandoned.

Humiliated.

Is this taken from personal experience cause I'm not following. It isn't fair to dissect Warriena's words while she was clinging for dear life. OTH, Tostee, who hammed it up for the recording, made out he was being pummeled to death! I know who I believe, no matter the verdict. JMO

Also, not sure my first thought would be abandonment if someone had locked me in their home. My first thought would be "this guy is nuts, I need to get away!"
That's your reaction.

What's the reaction of someone with a history of abandonment?

I'm not saying that's the case here, but we don't know. Every indication from the tape is that when she is confronted, her reaction is to push back, not flee.

She was screaming BEFORE the door closed. Remember that.

I could well imagine when he was bringing her to the balcony, that the thought crossed her mind he may be taking her there, to chuck her off the balcony.

But when he let's her go, likely facing her as he closes the door, turns his back, and walks away... that is the turning point where what she is thinking and feeling becomes truly unknown.

They were just intimate. He just manhandled her. He tossed her outside like a dog, or like garbage.

I want to go home.

You can read 'terror' into it, but you can also read 'completely crushed'.

only a person who had suffered identically could think up this scenario.. Someone who had been so crushed by rejection and dismissal, and was so furious at the nerve of anyone considering this . Someone who just wants to victim bash and bash and bash, even though the woman is dead. Horribly, terrifyingly, devastatingly, it isn't enough. No.. it is proposed, now that she dead and voiceless that she was humiliated by some fantasy crowd, 'crushed' by some dangerous yob dragging one out on to a balcony 14 floors up.. . Crushed., Crushed is what happened to her body when she struck the concrete pavement, it isn't what she had emotionally , lets have SOME reality.. at least SOME.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy