GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #17

Yeppers, old as the hills :eek: Badhorsie, 51 next month

Haha, I meant to say (I hope) he'll be as old as the hills before he gets out, but 53 is still quite young but a far cry from 33. Age 93 would be a better age to be considered for release, he's unlikely then to do any other innocent harm, providing he hasn't kicked the bucket by then.

58 in April here. They should keep him at least that long. Released, he'll then be a phlegmy old stumblebum, lucky to arise from bed each day!

58 in April here. They should keep him at least that long. Released, he'll then be a phlegmy old stumblebum, lucky to arise from bed each day!

LOL with trembling, bandy legs and only a few hairs under his cap.

Since it was established that the blood spot was not connected with the murder, and that Mr Jefferies clearly had nothing to do with it, I can't see any reason why he would deliberately hide the items. Perhaps they merely mean 'hidden' in the sense of 'not in plain sight'.

Very odd place to hide a pair of trainers under a kitchen unit behind the kickboard especially as there was blood on them and after all this was a major piece of evidence against him .Was the dna analysis not conclusive ,we don't know, do we? and what profile did they find from their analysis.
I would think this information would add further concern, rather than reassure those who thought he could not be involved. The questioning of VT about his mobile and who he called seems a bit strange too , I can't see how he can sue under these circumstances . Wonder if he thought this would not come out in the Leveson inquiry.

Very odd place to hide a pair of trainers under a kitchen unit behind the kickboard

I didn't read that they were behind the kickboard, can you give a source for that?
Mind you, I must admit I found all sorts of odds and ends when I cleared ours out last year :eek:

Was the dna analysis not conclusive ,we don't know, do we? and what profile did they find from their analysis.
I would think this information would add further concern, rather than reassure those who thought he could not be involved.

No, we don't know the details, but there is no reason why we should be told any. Clearly it was conclusive as Mr Jefferies was ruled out as a suspect.

The questioning of VT about his mobile and who he called seems a bit strange too , I can't see how he can sue under these circumstances . Wonder if he thought this would not come out in the Leveson inquiry.

Not sure what you're talking about here. If you're referring to CJ, then I agree that I can't see that he has any grounds for suing for wrongful arrest. I was always a bit dubious about that. He was an obvious suspect if only by virtue of being a keyholder.

OK, found it now - the page was unavailable when I was searching yesterday. The Bristol Evening Post tended to be much more accurate than the nationals throughout this case.

"In particular there was a pair of trainers which were found in Mr Jefferies' house which were hidden underneath a kitchen unit behind a kickboard.
"Those trainers had a blood spot on them. That was initially analysed, and because of a sensitive forensic technique which had to be used, eventually a DNA profile was found and Mr Jefferies could be eliminated."

"It is worth emphasising that I had told no more than three neighbours about that second statement to the police and they all subsequently assured me that they were not the source of the information that then appeared in the media," Mr Jefferies told the inquiry.

But who else did they tell, eh? :doh:

I guess it's possible that Tabak bumped into Joanna at the mailboxes (that was discussed), she left first and he followed her or he left first and cut around to the back. The furniture at the front entrance was broken, but her purse and phone were on the dining room table. It was apparent that there had been a struggle at the front door. It sounds like she was jumped when she had her key in the lock, managed to get her footing, put her things on the table, put the beer on the kitchen counter ... the pizza disappeared (eaten by the neighbour) ... she was murdered in the bedroom. It wasn't until about 9:30 that he put her body in the back of the car went shopping for chips.

I think that it's somewhat fascinating that a sociopath like this has written a thesis on people management.

Report here from the BBC regarding Chris Jefferies and his complaint against Avon and Somerset Police.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-24104834

The important points to note are that:-

(1) CJ states it's "an important conclusion" (so that's the end of that)
(2) Avon and Somerset have written to him acknowleding the "hurt" that he suffered as a result of his arrest and that he "played no part in the murder" and that he was "wholly innocent of the crime" (as if we didn't know that already)

So, as predicted by some here on this thread (or earlier versions thereof) CJ's legal claim against the police got precisely nowhere. No damages, and an implicit acknowledgement that his arrest was perfectly legitimate.

Trial for child *advertiser censored* has now been postponed.

Just caught the end of a trailer - British tv will be showing a drama called something like "the Lost Honour of Christopher Jefferies", on ITV December 10th.

Also now on Sky News -

Vincent Tabak Posessed Indecent Child Images

The man who murdered Bristol landscape architect Joanna Yeates in 2010 has admitted possessing indecent images of children.

Dutch engineer Vincent Tabak, who was caught after a four-week investigation following the disappearance of his 25-year-old neighbour, was appearing at Bristol Crown Court.

The 37-year-old pleaded guilty to four charges relating to the possession of 145 images, the majority of which were classed at the lowest category in terms of seriousness.

They were kept on his Dell laptop between January 2009 and 2011, according to prosecutors.

Tabak strangled Miss Yeates, whose boyfriend was away for the weekend, for sexual thrills on December 17 2010.

He dumped her partially-clothed body on a snowy verge in Failand, near Bristol, where it was discovered by walkers on Christmas morning.

It later emerged that Tabak carried out the killing after becoming obsessed with violent sex and *advertiser censored*, with explicit videos of blonde women being throttled found on his laptop.

Detectives combing Tabak's home during the murder investigation also discovered the images of children stored on his laptop.

http://news.sky.com/story/1437095/vincent-tabak-possessed-indecent-child-images

I am very interested in this case, and, incidentally, I have no connection with anyone involved.

Does anyone think Vincent Tabak might have been stitched up?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back