Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Issuing defamation proceedings against the media might not be the best idea. The court could declare a litigant whose reason for issuing proceedings is to recoup losses to be "vexatious". Litigation isn't the best money making scheme, as this young man recently learned:
"Mr Tostee dropped all proceedings against Nine and the producer who appeared in the story and agreed to make a financial contribution to our costs," Mr Williams said.
Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...legal-action-against-nine#fv66chuf6hwZ0bvq.99

I'd have thought a far better way for a celebrity of this kind to remain in the spotlight would be to become a reality television star. Or a social media star. Maybe that person could put their newfound fame to good use and find a cause they support and show the world their better side.

Or maybe they could go to university and become a doctor. It would be a shame for the high IQ to be wasted. Hopefully someone with his best interests at heart will counsel him on the best way to move forward from this tragedy. I do think that now is the time for him to do something good, to show everyone how wrong they were.

Issuing defamation proceedings against the media might not be the best idea. The court could declare a litigant whose reason for issuing proceedings is to recoup losses to be "vexatious". Litigation isn't the best money making scheme, as this young man recently learned:
"Mr Tostee dropped all proceedings against Nine and the producer who appeared in the story and agreed to make a financial contribution to our costs," Mr Williams said.
Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...legal-action-against-nine#fv66chuf6hwZ0bvq.99

I'd have thought a far better way for a celebrity of this kind to remain in the spotlight would be to become a reality television star. Or a social media star. Maybe that person could put their newfound fame to good use and find a cause they support and show the world their better side.

Or maybe they could go to university and become a doctor. It would be a shame for the high IQ to be wasted. Hopefully someone with his best interests at heart will counsel him on the best way to move forward from this tragedy. I do think that now is the time for him to do something good, to show everyone how wrong they were.

Didn't you mean 'star', Nat? D-list 'celebrity', at best.

In order to enact any real and lasting change in his life, he would need to divest himself of the pack of wolves in sheep's clothing that surround him. The dominant female may be particularly hard to escape from IMO.

Didn't you mean 'star', Nat? D-list 'celebrity', at best.

For him to enact any real and lasting change in his life, he would need to divest himself of the wolves in sheep's clothing that are closing in around him. The dominant female may be particularly hard to escape from IMO.

Wonder how Jules is coping with Lizzi? Two very dominant personalities there.

Catching up here.

Can someone please tell me how the media has defamed GT? IMO, he is not an "innocent man falsely accused" ... he was legitimately accused based in large part on his own recording of the events that led to Warriena's death, he was tried in a court of law based on bona fide evidence available, and he happened to be found "Not Guilty" according to law.

A verdict of NG is absolutely NOT a declaration of innocence .. it simply means that the Crown was not able to convince all members of the jury beyond a reasonable doubt.

Issuing defamation proceedings against the media might not be the best idea. The court could declare a litigant whose motive for defamation is to recoup losses to be "vexatious".

He doesn't have a "Better Side", and he sure doesn't need money, that's what Daddy is for. My heart bleeds for his wracked up legal fees. Poor innocent nutter... Might have to spend his nights working to repay Daddy, instead of getting some young woman insanely messed up by plying her with his Bathtub Booze, even as she was clearly already nearly incoherent. But, hey he's never held responsible, so maybe Daddy will just gift him the fees, and he can go right back to drugging and endagering, other young women.

Lizzie what's her name is on Current Affair this evening channel 9.

Catching up here.

Can someone please tell me how the media has defamed GT? IMO, he is not an "innocent man falsely accused" ... he was legitimately accused based in large part on his own recording of the events that led to Warriena's death, he was tried in a court of law based on bona fide evidence available, and he happened to be found "Not Guilty" according to law.

A verdict of NG is absolutely NOT a declaration of innocence .. it simply means that the Crown was not able to convince all members of the jury beyond a reasonable doubt.

Thank you sillybilly. The vast majority of Australia and New Zealand fully agree.

Wonder if she'll share the proceeds with Tostee. Or not.

Maybe she'll use the money to take him for a holiday to NZ - meet the folks and all. There are probably a lot of people there that would like to meet Tostee. :D

He doesn't have a "Better Side", and he sure doesn't need money, that's what Daddy is for. My heart bleeds for his wracked up legal fees. Poor innocent nutter... Might have to spend his nights working to repay Daddy, instead of getting some young woman insanely messed up by plying her with his Bathtub Booze, even as she was clearly already nearly incoherent. But, hey he's never held responsible, so maybe Daddy will just gift him the fees, and he can go right back to drugging and endagering, other young women.

Thank goodness that he at least knows the family business and can keep his day job if his stardom wanes. With an intellect like his, they will recoup the cost of his legal fees in no time.

Catching up here.

If anyone has defamed Tostee, it is ... well ... Tostee.

That's what happens when a person posts their disgusting behaviour on a public forum.

I wouldn't recommend Kris Jenner. Just ask Caitlin.

Maybe Derryn Hinch would be a good manager? I'd like to see him 'helping' Tostee out. Derryn always gets to the crux of things pretty quickly, and lets everyone know ... even if he has to go to jail for it for a while.

Spending this precious half an hour of my life reading poetry. I particularly love this one:

In Memoriam by Alfred, Lord Tennyson

'LVI

‘So careful of the type?’ but no.
From scarped cliff and quarried stone
She cries, ‘A thousand types are gone:
I care for nothing, all shall go.

‘Thou makest thine appeal to me:
I bring to life, I bring to death:
The spirit does but mean the breath:
I know no more.’ And he, shall he,

Man, her last work, who seem’d so fair,
Such splendid purpose in his eyes,