Found Deceased OH - Joey LaBute, 26, Columbus, 4 March 2016 #2

Nothing in local media since June and not much new info released from CPD since May.

I live near Joey's apartment complex and drive by it often. Almost makes me sad as I drive by.

I think CPD should release some additional info. Anything. To publicize the case. Refined timeline, cell phone pings, whatever. I fear this will fade into the background otherwise.

Re: Brian Shaffer

Man who disappeared 10 years ago might have never left bar
POSTED 11:26 AM, NOVEMBER 8, 2016, BY TRIBUNE MEDIA WIRE

http://fox8.com/2016/11/08/man-who-disappeared-10-years-ago-might-have-never-left-bar/

BE sure to go to the link in this one for the full article really interesting find osu!

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]...........

he evaded surveillance in a city with more closed-circuit television than Cleveland, Cincinnati and Toledo combined. Brian had disappeared in Ohio’s most-watched metropolis, where it’s always 1984.

[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]Clint and Meredith. She passed a polygraph. He refused to take one. “I didn’t know Clint very well, but I always thought something was off with him,” says Derek. “The way he talked about my brother after he went missing — kind of in a negative way. I wouldn’t expect that from someone whose friend vanished.

[/COLOR]https://melmagazine.com/a-guy-walks-into-a-bar-53c784e7369b#.mcxk3kraa

I read the article and it never mentions what becomes of his cell phone pinging in Hilliard 6 months after his disappearance. Anyone know?

What I found strange the way it is written that if I were in that sitution and then it worked, I would call back several times it sounded like she did not try again???

Like" she redialed and the phone then went back to VM " Or the opposite that it did again?

Why would a "non-involved " person refuse to be polygraphed? After just learning about the cameras I think the "friend" helped him out of the country. then this then this while Florence refused also?

So the two people with him the last time he was seen both refused a lie detector test?

that he could have changed his clothes in the bar or put on a hat and kept his head down, hiding his face from the camera.

The cameras might also have missed him—one
panned across the area constantly, and the other was operated manually.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disappearance_of_Brian_Shaffer

I never knew that - IMO changes a whole bunch

I'm afraid you're so wrong. Smiley face killer theory is much less about the graffiti as it is the victim's all fitting the same description and BMI. It's real for over 20 years and over 200 victims. Keep an open mind and do some reseach on your own and you will become a believer.

I wouldn't disregard the SFK theory as "total nonsense," but I really don't think there is an individual or any kind of organized group of killers targeting drunk young white male college kids in the midwest.

I'm not a big fan of mathematics, but the last math class I took was "statistics for psychology majors" roughly a decade ago. One of the things I took away from the class was that a researcher will try to use a set of data in a way that correlates with the outcome they want. The same set of data could be analyzed by someone else and use it to "prove" something totally different from what the other researcher "proves."

The professor didn't really go into this in class, but I also realized that many things that happen in this world are simply coincidental. A coincidence can't really be proven or disproven. They just exist.

Now that I'm done typing all that, I don't know if it makes any sense or is just a long ramble.
I think eric136 (post #639) basically said what I meant in a shorter and simpler fashion...
Correlation of events does not imply causation. Two events occurring in close proximity or commonality to each other does not imply that one caused the other. It is called Affirming the Consequent. It is common & tempting when faced with the unknowns to attribute events to a conspiracy or some runaway serial killer.

Some LE agency somewhere could make a press release that says "Within the past year, more than 50 black females in their twenties were found deceased within 5 miles of a Walmart."

Does that mean that Walmart often employs racist and misogynist murderers? NO. And the deaths are just deaths as stated (homicide isn't noted).
Does that mean that murderers like to hang out at Walmart? NO.
Does that mean that most US citizens live within easy driving distance of a Walmart? NO (or at least not based on the facts stated in the announcement).
Does it prove that the deaths near the different Walmarts are anything other than strictly coincidental? The facts may point in one direction or another, but they don't prove anything.

I think that many people want there to be a Smiley Face Killer. Not because anybody wants any more boys to die. But an elusive serial killer would make sense of something that just doesn't make sense. Namely young, healthy guys winding up dead in rivers after leaving a bar.

Does anyone know if any other purported SFK victims were (openly) gay? In reading about some of the victims over the years, I didn't really remember any.
That wouldn't really change anything about their demographics in terms of being a SFK victim. They'd still be a young male college student. Just gay.

New article in Columbus Alive as we approach the one-year anniversary: http://www.columbusalive.com/entertainment/20170222/what-happened-to-joey-labute

Some new information including that the reason for going out that night was to celebrate Joey's cousin's husband coming out as gay. The article also says that Joey and his cousin and husband ate at Fabian's that night but I seem to remember contemporaneous reporting saying Joey want to Fabian's on a date with someone (?).

There will be a vigil to commemorate Joey on March 5. I plan on attending.

New article in Columbus Alive as we approach the one-year anniversary: http://www.columbusalive.com/entertainment/20170222/what-happened-to-joey-labute

Some new information including that the reason for going out that night was to celebrate Joey's cousin's husband coming out as gay. The article also says that Joey and his cousin and husband ate at Fabian's that night but I seem to remember contemporaneous reporting saying Joey want to Fabian's on a date with someone (?).

There will be a vigil to commemorate Joey on March 5. I plan on attending.

Hi

Have you heard this before ?

[FONT=&amp]At 12:19 a.m., LaBute texted Holly. "To help so goo5," the text read,

I found this offensive moo

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] He would have appreciated the cinematic drama of that discovery."[/FONT]

Hi

Have you heard this before ?

[FONT=&amp]At 12:19 a.m., LaBute texted Holly. "To help so goo5," the text read,

I found this offensive moo

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] He would have appreciated the cinematic drama of that discovery."[/FONT]
I don't understand the text or why it's offensive. Can you help? Many thanks!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I don't understand the text or why it's offensive. Can you help? Many thanks!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I didn't understand at first, either. I think CARIIS found the quote, "He would have appreciated the cinematic drama of that discovery." offensive.

I didn't understand at first, either. I think CARIIS found the quote, "He would have appreciated the cinematic drama of that discovery." offensive.

His best friend is describing the locating of his dead friend as cinematic drama??

Obviusly just mo but I have had concerns about him since he was interviewed - months ago -- just off moo

very high strung - they were in a dispute etc

does anyone recall this text ?

To help so goo5,:

Oh my gosh. He's so adorable that it makes my heart hurt.

I would have thought that message meant to help someone or some guy. Not it felt good.

I don't remember seeing about that text. He went out to meet sometime/ ride with them. Otherwise he would have needed his coat. The phone is 100% the answer. Who texted him right before? Or who did he Facebook message or tuner or whatever! I don't even understand how this want solved. He left with purpose.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

The letters under 5,: are tnv

Hey wait. In the thread photo, is that a photo outside the club? Is that new?

His best friend is describing the locating of his dead friend as cinematic drama??

Obviusly just mo but I have had concerns about him since he was interviewed - months ago -- just off moo

very high strung - they were in a dispute etc

does anyone recall this text ?

To help so goo5,:

ah ha it have been "good " - still WTH does that mean??

What bothered tho when I saw this is this was a covered story and others dont ever remember hearing or seeing this.

The texts rec'd by him were all over the news for weeks -- so who was this one too?

Where did this new info come to light?

By whom?

Opens many questions IMO

Did LE know about this and repress it ?

Goon sounds scary no ?

Did they ever find his phone? Was it on him when he was found or is it still missing?

So, if you're a woman and your husband comes out as gay, you... go out with him to celebrate? I can't imagine most people would react that way.

So, if you're a woman and your husband comes out as gay, you... go out with him to celebrate? I can't imagine most people would react that way.

I thought the same thing!!! I don't remember it being disclosed that they were no longer together at the time of their night out.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305
Back