NY - Karina Vetrano, 30, found murdered, Queens, 2 Aug 2016 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally it was reported that KV was raped both via her vagina and her rectum. Her buttocks were badly bruised. She was found on her stomach, with her under wear pulled down. Touch DNA was found on her throat, on her phone, and she had the perp's DNA under her fingernails. No mention has ever been made of semen. I think KV was likely penetrated with a foreign object. jmo I also think she was left the way she was to send a message, to hurt, taunt, and shock her family. jmo Perhaps this was always a planned murder, rather than a rape which escalated to murder. jmo

^^Respectfully BBM

Perp could be a heavy drug user or had vasectomy

Originally it was reported that KV was raped both via her vagina and her rectum. Her buttocks were badly bruised. She was found on her stomach, with her under wear pulled down. Touch DNA was found on her throat, on her phone, and she had the perp's DNA under her fingernails. No mention has ever been made of semen. I think KV was likely penetrated with a foreign object. jmo I also think she was left the way she was to send a message, to hurt, taunt, and shock her family. jmo Perhaps this was always a planned murder, rather than a rape which escalated to murder. jmo

IF to shock, taunt, send message to family...quick murder would have been enough.

This looks like the work of pure sexual predator. A bit of a sadistic one at that

^^Respectfully BBM

Perp could be a heavy drug user or had vasectomy

A vasectomy. But he would still produce semen upon ejaculation. Just not sperm. Not sure a heavy rug user could have planned, stalked and waited. And that's what I think he or they did. jmo, though...

IF to shock, taunt, send message to family...quick murder would have been enough.

This looks like the work of pure sexual predator. A bit of a sadistic one at that

To produce the maximum amount of pain. jmo

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...-Girl-Near-Subway-Station-NYPD-399152411.html
(This is his 2014 mugshot)
221a51485f4353dc0a4ceaa0052a0d45.jpg

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I know this post is rhetorical, lacks organization, and won't contribute anything of "sleuthing value" to the forum..and I post infrequently just for that reason, because I want there to be value behind my posts, but it is 6AM and I haven't been sleeping well, and darnit, I'm frustrated. And sorta lost. Perhaps you will all give me a break while I try to give myself one, too. I don't even know what I am about to say. I am full of questions and devoid of answers. I'm unable to resolve questions with faith or reason. Nothing about any of these stories or these circumstances comes close to resembling anything fair...or understandable...or, for me, can be processed with the old "everything happens for a reason" thing that I reach for to try and find meaning in something when none clearly exists. When I see folks say they are offering prayers and such, I get their intent and understand that it's often all that can be offered during times when nothing else is offerable, and yet you want to do something...but I get even more frustrated and feel so empty handed. I don't know where prayers even go. Sometimes they feel like socks in the dryer. When I see people granting wings and angel status to these women, and telling them to fly free, I want to scream. I feel angry. The only place they would have wanted to fly is Aruba. They didn't want wings. They wanted to run that day, enjoy the outdoors, laugh with their families, make homemade pizza. Who knows? Their family wants their precious embodiments of sunshine just to return home and eat some dinner. Such small things to want. Not flowers, not wings and certainly not months of seeing their babies' smiling faces on the news. They know each of the pictures we all see...where she was that day and why she was laughing. The succession of murders of these young women is shocking, but more so it is increasingly unbearable to witness. How to reconcile living on the same planet as these monsters? How to reconcile sharing air, sitting in the same classrooms and offices, eating in the same restaurants, driving on the same highways as the men who easily and selfishly kill, rape and ravage these innocent young women, just grab their lives as easily as leaves from a tree...and to be able to live with themselves after. To watch the news, to perhaps read alongside us...

And more, far more, for the life of me I cannot fathom how a parent can come upon his child like Mr. Vetrano did Karina...how a father can come upon his daughter, not only murdered, but so defiled and degraded, and still find it in himself and have the ability to put one foot in front of the other. That kind of ferocity of will and strength and resolve, well, I hope I'm never tested to see if I have that kind of character and strength within. I think I'd fail such a test.

When I read about Karina, Missy, Vanessa...Sierah...the list goes on and on, I'm always left with two confounding thoughts. 1. Again, how do these families keep on going, day after "normal" day, dealing with electric bills, or listening to people gripe about their bad haircut. It's like being expected to somehow move furniture in the midst of an earthquake. and 2. How stinking cruel it is, how utterly heart-breaking cruel, that anyone should endure such final moments at all, much less alone...the terror, the knowingness of what's to come.

Ok..thanks all. Now I have to try and regroup and get an article about Tracheal Hypoplasia in puppies in before deadline. I hope no one is offended by my post. You all are amazing and your skills and commitment confound me. I needed to spill to the only group of people I know who understand perhaps some of my feelings.

I know this post is rhetorical, lacks organization, and won't contribute anything of "sleuthing value" to the forum..and I post infrequently just for that reason, because I want there to be value behind my posts, but it is 6AM and I haven't been sleeping well, and darnit, I'm frustrated. And sorta lost. Perhaps you will all give me a break while I try to give myself one, too. I don't even know what I am about to say. I am full of questions and devoid of answers. I'm unable to resolve questions with faith or reason. Nothing about any of these stories or these circumstances comes close to resembling anything fair...or understandable...or, for me, can be processed with the old "everything happens for a reason" thing that I reach for to try and find meaning in something when none clearly exists. When I see folks say they are offering prayers and such, I get their intent and understand that it's often all that can be offered during times when nothing else is offerable, and yet you want to do something...but I get even more frustrated and feel so empty handed. I don't know where prayers even go. Sometimes they feel like socks in the dryer. When I see people granting wings and angel status to these women, and telling them to fly free, I want to scream. I feel angry. The only place they would have wanted to fly is Aruba. They didn't want wings. They wanted to run that day, enjoy the outdoors, laugh with their families, make homemade pizza. Who knows? Their family wants their precious embodiments of sunshine just to return home and eat some dinner. Such small things to want. Not flowers, not wings and certainly not months of seeing their babies' smiling faces on the news. They know each of the pictures we all see...where she was that day and why she was laughing. The succession of murders of these young women is shocking, but more so it is increasingly unbearable to witness. How to reconcile living on the same planet as these monsters? How to reconcile sharing air, sitting in the same classrooms and offices, eating in the same restaurants, driving on the same highways as the men who easily and selfishly kill, rape and ravage these innocent young women, just grab their lives as easily as leaves from a tree...and to be able to live with themselves after. To watch the news, to perhaps read alongside us...

And more, far more, for the life of me I cannot fathom how a parent can come upon his child like Mr. Vetrano did Karina...how a father can come upon his daughter, not only murdered, but so defiled and degraded, and still find it in himself and have the ability to put one foot in front of the other. That kind of ferocity of will and strength and resolve, well, I hope I'm never tested to see if I have that kind of character and strength within. I think I'd fail such a test.

When I read about Karina, Missy, Vanessa...Sierah...the list goes on and on, I'm always left with two confounding thoughts. 1. Again, how do these families keep on going, day after "normal" day, dealing with electric bills, or listening to people gripe about their bad haircut. It's like being expected to somehow move furniture in the midst of an earthquake. and 2. How stinking cruel it is, how utterly heart-breaking cruel, that anyone should endure such final moments at all, much less alone...the terror, the knowingness of what's to come.

Ok..thanks all. Now I have to try and regroup and get an article about Tracheal Hypoplasia in puppies in before deadline. I hope no one is offended by my post. You all are amazing and your skills and commitment confound me. I needed to spill to the only group of people I know who understand perhaps some of my feelings.

That was beautifully written, Mainely16.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1asketch2.png

IMO I see a resemblance, but only when I ask myself, what would the person sitting down to give the sketch have described to result in the depiction? Unique eyebrows, furrowed, squat head shape, prominent chin, shape of mustache.. I see it in the distance between the eyes, the eyebrow/forehead furrow, the wide nose. But who knows?

The almost exaggeratedly thin neck throws me off the most. 1asketch3.png

Glad this animal will be brought to justice either way.

I’ll be vague about this theory. My last theory was removed perhaps because it was too descriptive.

THEORY - Revenge/retaliation because of dispute over claims to a shipwreck and treasure.
I think KV was specifically targeted; she was not a random victim.
The family may have an inkling as to WHY Karina was killed, but they just don’t know WHO killed her.
Research Florida, Treasure hunting, TreasureNet, Shipwreck salvage recovery.

I’ll be vague about this theory. My last theory was removed perhaps because it was too descriptive.

THEORY - Revenge/retaliation because of dispute over claims to a shipwreck and treasure.
I think KV was specifically targeted; she was not a random victim.
The family may have an inkling as to WHY Karina was killed, but they just don’t know WHO killed her.
Research Florida, Treasure hunting, TreasureNet, Shipwreck salvage recovery.

IDK. Is this something to do with this JC Recovery & Salvage business that PV has in Florida? It is a business he had with someone else before....it looked like..similar name of business. Someone said it was a repo of cars..and when I first saw it weeks ago.. thought it might be salvaging of shipwrecks. Weird. No time to look into..but interesting (oops, probably not supposed to put the name of business in there). BTW, I liked your other theory, but thought it was a long shot. Wish you could post what you have found....so everyone doesn't have to research it all over. Maybe you need to call the Tip Line with this info..if it's something that you think could help out.

IDK. Is this something to do with this JC Recovery & Salvage business that PV has in Florida? It is a business he had with someone else before....it looked like..similar name of business. Someone said it was a repo of cars..and when I first saw it weeks ago.. thought it might be salvaging of shipwrecks. Weird. No time to look into..but interesting (oops, probably not supposed to put the name of business in there). BTW, I liked your other theory, but though it was a long shot.
The JC business in FL is shipwreck salvaging.
Right, my other theory (neighborhood house fire explosion) I stated as a “long shot”.
This theory (shipwreck treasure) is a “short shot” IMO.
These are my only two theories.

Right, my other theory (neighborhood house fire explosion) I stated as a “long shot”.

I'd call the Tip Line even if you think it's a "short shot."

Hmm...I really don't have time to research this, but just spent an hour+ doing so -wish I could find info you seem to be referring to. I can find the business names, etc.. but nothing on a shipwreck treasure dispute. Is this something you found or are just thinking it could be? Any proof of a dispute/claims over shipwreck treasure? Just a theory that something might have happened and this could be the case. I guess he's been in this business for a long time...since 2004 or so?

Hmm...I really don't have time to research this, but just spent an hour+ doing so -wish I could find info you seem to be referring to. I can find the business names, etc.. but nothing on a shipwreck treasure dispute. Is this something you found or are just thinking it could be? Any proof of a dispute/claims over shipwreck treasure? Just a theory that something might have happened and this could be the case. I guess he's been in this business for a long time...since 2004 or so?
Nothing specific about a dispute; just a hunch. Having a PI on this angle could already be in the works, as I noticed some posts on Aug 27 ‘been gone a while’ and Sept 5 ‘been out hunting’. Yes, at least since 2004.

Thinking outside the box is how KV’s killer might be found. It could be a random murder by a local, but it could be she was a target for revenge.

I dabbled in the Atocha salvage expedition about 20 years ago. Meeting other treasure hunters was interesting but scary. They’re understandably territorial, and always looking over their shoulder dealing with modern-day pirates. A lot is at stake with securing a shipwreck site.

Here’s an interesting story that would convince many people to steer clear of treasure hunting -
http://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/treasure-hunters-battle-over-a-trove-of-emeralds-6391657
Treasure Hunters Battle Over a Trove of Emeralds
THURSDAY, APRIL 11, 2013 AT 4 A.M.

And an excerpt:
"He was almost cautious to the point of being paranoid about who would know what about the location," Scott says today. "At first, I didn't understand it. But I think after a while, we were worried about his security if word started to leak out. The only difference between some of the people that are actively involved in the treasure-hunting industry and the pirates of 200 years ago is 200 years."

Nothing specific about a dispute; just a hunch. Having a PI on this angle could already be in the works, as I noticed some posts on Aug 27 ‘been gone a while’ and Sept 5 ‘been out hunting’. Yes, at least since 2004.

Thinking outside the box is how KV’s killer might be found. It could be a random murder by a local, but it could be she was a target for revenge.

I dabbled in the Atocha salvage expedition about 20 years ago. Meeting other treasure hunters was interesting but scary. They’re understandably territorial, and always looking over their shoulder dealing with modern-day pirates. A lot is at stake with securing a shipwreck site.

Here’s an interesting story that would convince many people to steer clear of treasure hunting -
http://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/treasure-hunters-battle-over-a-trove-of-emeralds-6391657

And an excerpt:
"He was almost cautious to the point of being paranoid about who would know what about the location," Scott says today. "At first, I didn't understand it. But I think after a while, we were worried about his security if word started to leak out. The only difference between some of the people that are actively involved in the treasure-hunting industry and the pirates of 200 years ago is 200 years."
IDK..it could be easily something to do with his roofing contracting business and a deal gone wrong. Interesting. I told someone to find proof of some dispute..and you are saying you didn't find anything yet. Yeah, I remember seeing his posts and he has one that said "first day of hunting season" so I thought he actually went hunting and took a break from looking. I think he was out looking for the guy in the sketch..or ?

And an excerpt:
He hasn't hired a PI yet. Five weeks ago PV said he was looking into it. He didn't do it. Now, he said again the other day that he's been looking into it...but he wants more donations before he hires a "team of PIs." Sgt Friday said it wouldn't be worthwhile hiring a PI since this was based on DNA. So, I don't think he has hired them..pretty sure he hasn't and the isn't getting lots of donations...and the "story" needs to be clarified like I mentioned in a post the other day.

IDK..it could be easily something to do with his roofing contracting business and a deal gone wrong. Interesting. I told someone to find proof of some dispute..and you are saying you didn't find anything yet. Yeah, I remember seeing his posts and he has one that said "first day of hunting season" so I thought he actually went hunting and took a break from looking. I think he was out looking for the guy in the sketch..or ?
…………
I stated my THEORY, but I have no ‘proof’.
I think he recently filed for an admiralty claim. And he was as recent as May looking to buy a salvage boat.
I found a significant 2015 dispute between another treasure hunter and Panama.
It seems there is fear amongst the treasure hunters that the Panama shenanigans will set precedence for future salvors, even those having legal admiralty claim.

…………
I stated my THEORY, but I have no ‘proof’.
I think he recently filed for an admiralty claim. And he was as recent as May looking to buy a salvage boat.
I found a significant 2015 dispute between another treasure hunter and Panama.
It seems there is fear amongst the treasure hunters that the Panama shenanigans will set precedence for future salvors, even those having legal admiralty claim.
Wow..interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member