Identified! TX - Williamson Co., 'Orange Socks' WhtFem 33UFTX, 15-30, off I-35, Oct'79 - Debra Jackson

There are lots of people on both sites who are suspected or known to be deceased. I assume they're there to call attention to them when probable remains are found.

I really don't see the point of keeping her case on Charley and Doe either. Her poor family--Bittaker and Norris are complete monsters.

They're there because their remains have not been found; so she is missing. Look at my friends sister, Debora Sue Lowe, suspected killed by Gerard Schaefer, her remains have not been found either. Unfortunately there is no DNA for Lucinda Schaefer in NamUs. Hopefully she has family somewhere that can donate a sample in case she is a Jane Doe somewhere.

They're there because their remains have not been found; so she is missing. Look at my friends sister, Debora Sue Lowe, suspected killed by Gerard Schaefer, her remains have not been found either. Unfortunately there is no DNA for Lucinda Schaefer in NamUs. Hopefully she has family somewhere that can donate a sample in case she is a Jane Doe somewhere.

Hm, I see, sorry. I said that for Lucinda Schaefer because it was proved she was killed by Bittaker and Norris, so I thought her DNA would be stored in NamUs but a MP report wouldn't be on Charley and Doe.

Hm, I see, sorry. I said that for Lucinda Schaefer because it was proved she was killed by Bittaker and Norris, so I thought her DNA would be stored in NamUs but a MP report wouldn't be on Charley and Doe.

I'm not familiar with Bittaker and Norris, so had to google. Even though they confessed to killing her, she is missing until her remains are found. It's a shame there is no DNA in NamUs because she could be a Doe found elsewhere.

We have so many Doe's because LE used to refuse reports (they still do but not as bad). They would also purge reports without following up with family, think of Michelle Knight, Arielle Castro's victim. If we do not track people like Lucinda Schaefer, we may never put a dent in our biggest national disaster of unidentified remains.

I was thinking about how she could fit into different age ranges. She wouldn't look too old for high school, she wouldn't look too young to be working at an office, at least IMO. Poor girl. :rose:

I'm not familiar with Bittaker and Norris, so had to google. Even though they confessed to killing her, she is missing until her remains are found. It's a shame there is no DNA in NamUs because she could be a Doe found elsewhere.

We have so many Doe's because LE used to refuse reports (they still do but not as bad). They would also purge reports without following up with family, think of Michelle Knight, Arielle Castro's victim. If we do not track people like Lucinda Schaefer, we may never put a dent in our biggest national disaster of unidentified remains.

Not quibbling with you but wanted to add for the benefit of our many new people that another common reason for MP reports being purged was and still is state law that said when a minor reached adulthood, their entire juvenile record had to be purged. Everything destroyed as if it never existed. And that included missing persons reports. That could apply to Lucinda Schaefer.

Could she have had acromegaly?

Going back and looking at the some of the pm photos, I can see the similarities of the typical facial features. She could have had the beginning stages of it, I think it becomes more noticeable in middle age. That could possibly mean she is on the higher end of her age range.

I was thinking that if she did have acromegaly, and it had changed her features somewhat, it could be one of the reasons why no one recognizes her as their missing loved one.

I'm going to go way out on a limb here and suggest that maybe the name of Joanie or Judy that Lucas gave the police was correct. I think OS may possibly be Judith Elwell who went missing in July of 1967 in Oklahoma City, OK. It's an hour away from Henryetta, OK, where one of the matchbooks was from. I understand that she was 5 at the time she went missing, however, that doesn't necessarily mean she was killed when she disappeared. It also shouldn't exclude her from a potential match due to the twelve year difference between Judith's disappearance and OS discovery. I wish the pm photos were clearer.
attachment.php
attachment.php

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/14031/0

Attachments

• Judith Elwell-1.jpg
    Judith Elwell-1.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 420
  • OS PM-1.jpg
    OS PM-1.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 412
Poor Orange Socks. She could not have had an easy life. Her case makes me so sad. It seems like, with all the publicity on her case, somebody would've come forward. Maybe she just didn't have anyone to look for her.

I liked my potential match, however, the DNA didn't. I got a reply that they were both in CODIS & that here were no known associations. I don't know if the person actually checked it or if they just assumed that, since they were both in CODIS there were no associations or they would have matched. The reply was just too quick. I wish there was a way to know for sure how strong each profile was and whether it was mtDNA or nucDNA, or both. I think the best possibility for Judith is mtDNA since I read somewhere she didn't have a lot of relatives left, just her brother.

Today marks 37 years since her murder and discovery. RIP Orange Socks

I can't believe it's been 37 years since poor Orange Socks passed :rose: :(

I pray that justice will be brought to her, and she will be brought home to her family! :rose:

I'm glad they've finally added her to their list and given her a reconstruction. Their recon isn't as good as Carl's, but it does resemble her. I hope she's identified soon.

I agree. The primary image doesn't quite capture her as well as Carl's does. It was good that they did several angles. I'm thrilled that they're going to be able to fund her case and do some more investigation that we don't have access to.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back