WI WI - East Troy, Male 20-35, 1552UMWI, in cornfield, unusual shoes, Oct'79

There is limited physical information about Mr. Koziatek. Do you remember or know his height and weight etc...? I'm not sure what those shoes are honestly...
From a quick search I found a few listings.
The Doobie Brothers- July 20th
Blue Oyster Cult- July 29th

From http://www.classic-rock-concerts.com/cities/309 I found the following listings:

1979 Jul 2 Kansas, Alpine Valley Music Theatre
1979 Jul 2 Climax Blues Band, Alpine Valley Music Theatre
1979 Jul 3 Kansas, Alpine Valley Music Theatre
1979 Jul 3 Climax Blues Band, Alpine Valley Music Theatre
1979 Jul 7 James Taylor, Alpine Valley Music Theatre
1979 Aug 18 The Allman Brothers Band, Alpine Valley Music Theatre
1979 Sep 8 Rush, Alpine Valley Music Theatre
Thought I'd give this John Doe a bump. There is a more complete list of performances 1979 at their website :http://rocktourdatabase.com/venues/alpine-valley-music-theatre

The shoes were common during the late 70s and were called Earth shoes.

No, those aren't true Earth shoes. What made Earth shoes different was that they had a "negative heel." The heel was LOWER than the rest of the sole of the shoe, and this guy's shoes show an elevated heel. While they did make some Earth shoes whose uppers looked a bit like that, the heel shoes that they aren't.

http://www.mikanet.com/museum/item.php?item=2302

I don't think those were Earth Shoes, either. I'm not a shoe expert, by any means, but those aren't what I remember them looking like.

I was going through the news archives for missing persons and came across an unsolved missing person from Genoa City, WI. James Stevens, age 24, a milkman, disappeared on his route May 27, 1966. Foul play is suspected. I couldn't find any follow up articles to determine if this suspected murder case was ever solved.

Kenosha News, 07/24/1979.

[video]http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm176/pleasestandby2/missingman_zpsar6p6fib.png[/video]

Google maps showing Genoa City, WI, East Troy, WI and Twin Lakes, WI, which was part of his route.

https://goo.gl/maps/eQwPfSsLzPu

Of course it would have to be determined whether Stevens lived another 13 years after he disappeared only to be found in the cornfield. It would also help to see how they determined the Estimated Date of Death: June 30, 1979.

"The remains were badly decomposed and have not been identified."

https://www.missingpersons.doj.wi.gov/sites/default/files/unidentified-cases/east-troy-unidentified.pdf

Ok guys, need some review and opinions from you on the possible match.
If you look at the reconstruction photos for UP12012
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
and this missing person from Hopkins, Minnesota, look at both photos on Namus the second one is very similar resemblance (posting photos below if they don't get deleted, take a look)
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Its only 5 hours away, he went missing 1 year prior to finding East Troy Doe
Original
upload_2019-8-21_10-10-38.png

Revisiting this one. Updated info at NamUs states that the shoes in question are Dr. Scholl's. The pants are identified at Campus Concept No. 2, and would look something like this:

Campus-Concept-2-Boot-Cut-30X34-Polyester-Pants-7.jpg

Wearing a white muscle shirt, not the scarf shown in the reconstruction. Still think the likeliest thing to have drawn him to that area would have been a show at Alpine Valley. Here was their lineup from 1979. He was discovered October 11. Puts him at a show sometime in July, when Kansas, Johnny Cash, Doobie Brothers were in town, if there's any accuracy to the time estimate, which I doubt there is.

Let's stipulate for the sake of argument that he had been to a concert before he was shot, and that part of the reason he remains unidentified is that nobody real local was missing, he was left dead, either dumped or shot at the location where he was found, 1/2 mile north of County J off of County I, which is right near the Phantom Ranch Bible Camp.

Screenshot on 2019-11-06 at 19_02_53.png

This follows the path of I-43 toward Milwaukee. The East Troy exit for Alpine Valley is maybe 6 or 7 miles down the road. No cause of death is listed, but in the past it has been stated that the victim was slain with a 12-gauge shotgun. That's a gun you're more likely to find in East Troy than in Milwaukee, though plenty of people in the suburbs will have them.

Given the updated information on the clothes, particularly the shoes, I'm pretty sure that I was wrong about the possibility of this being a Mexican/Central American migrant worker.

Of course, it's entirely possible none of this has anything to do with Alpine Valley. Maybe the guy was a hitchhiker, or a seasonal employee at a camp, or someone who ran afoul of a motorcycle gang (they frequent the area quite a bit in summer), or somebody slamming shots and beers at Diamond D's on Lake Beulah. So, some useful info has been added since last I looked (regarding clothing), and cause of death taken away. Can't find any missing from Charley's that really line up well.

i definitly think he is of another race or culture. I am thinking, puerto rican, mexican, native american, or there is a possibility that he could be from a european country. I do see the possibility of him being caucasian and just having a tan, but the really long neck seems like of other races.

East Troy, Wisconsin Unidentified

Found Date:
10/01/1979
Race:
Unknown
Over the age of 20 years old (DOB: 1947 - 1957)
Hair Color:
Black
Height:
5'4" -5'7"
Weight:
135 - 150 lbs.
Location Found:
East Troy, WI

VIEW POSTER:​

ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT:​

Walworth County Sheriff’s Office: Captain Dana Nigbor (262)741-4421
The victim’s skeletal remains were located in a corn field near the Village of East Troy in Walworth County, Wisconsin. The remains were badly decomposed and have not been identified.
Victim's Shoes

Victim's Shoes

The remains were described as skeletal and badly decomposed--I'm not sure how much we should read into the skin color of the reconstruction. If the reconstruction is at all accurate, he had a long face with a somewhat prominent chin and brow, but a comparatively narrow jaw line (one contemporary article states that at least part of the jaw was missing, so, again, possibly some guesswork). The nose could also well be a guess, depending on just how decomposed he was.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back