Trial - Ross Harris #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goes toward innocence IMO. No way a guilty person would say that.

Guilty people say incriminating things all do time. They are often caught by their statements. I don't think any jury with common sense would think this particular statement evidence shows innocence. It won't necessarily make them think Ross is guilty, but I don't think it will show innocence. JMO

Guilty people say incriminating things all do time. They are often caught by their statements. I don't think any jury with common sense would think this particular statement evidence shows innocence.

Agree. And my post was actually for us here- many people said that the detectives lied and Ross and Leanna never said that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, that was a very good final witness ( on rebuttal)..cleared up a few points of contention by the DT> I guess I can say now "I told you so" regarding Dr. D. not going to testify as well as why Ross wouldn't be testifying :blushing:

Anyway, did this final witness actually explain how he did the measurements? I'm only aware the circumference + measuring from bridge of nose over top of head to nape of the neck. It's something I had to do on occasion :blushing: but never knew what they did with those measurements until now!

Guess, the court is going to hash out the instructions to the jury now..Closings on Monday..So be it~~ They will have the rest of Monday to deliberate and Tuesday morning...then sleep on it..and likely have verdict come Wednesday...Do you all think that's possible? I'd be shocked they come to a verdict sooner than that :thinking:

I think by Thursday for sure. No court Friday so they'd be done

I keep doing these unofficial tests on my peripheral vision with my hand, seeing where it falls out (and that is me intending to look).

I do believe that FBS is possible (and posted several threads back when I "forgot" my infant in the vehicle - fortunately for less than 90 seconds), but am more apt to believe it with a change in routine - something out of the ordinary. Assuming I accept it could happen without a big departure in routine, and in a very short time frame.

The vicinity of the car seat is not a big factor to me because I don't believe it is visible in the peripheral vision. Even it is was, it would always be there, so wouldn't necessarily register as a trigger.

The only theory I wanted to hear more about (Dr. D??) was the theory of substituting a memory. I need to believe that Ross thought he dropped him off (Ross testimony). That is the only thing that could explain not being "triggered" that Cooper was in the car. Yes, he received the cues, and yes he thought of is son, but he believed he was safe at daycare.

I think the absence of Dr. D and/or RH to testify to the above is the most damaging aspects of the case.

Still, I don't think I am BRD on the murder charges.

Something had to happen on the defense side. I won't speculate because doesn't seem like there is much to go on other than they anticipated it would go way longer. This just seems off.

Why are they referring to impeachment?

I believe this has been answered but just to expand a little, this is what the charges look like.

1.31.45 Witness, Impeached
(Only “IMPEACHMENT” statute retained)
To impeach a witness is to show that the witness is unworthy of belief. A witness may be
impeached by disproving the facts to which the witness testified (O.C.G.A. § 24-6-621);
OR
The credibility of a witness may be attacked by disproving the facts to which the witness
testified.

I am listening to the detective asking Leanna questions right now, I was having technical difficulties earlier.

One thing that has always stuck in my craw was something Ross said when Leanna was with him in the holding cell.
'I loved him so much!'

The past tense of the love. It really bothers me.

When this case first broke, Leanna really bothered me, but I have set it aside.
And then I just heard her tell the detective, literally minutes after learning Cooper was dead.....
'He was fixing to turn two'

I can't wrap my brain around that. A parent doesn't accept their child is gone in minutes. They just don't.

I'm not suggesting anything nefarious on Leannas part.... but man of man did it make the hair on the back of my neck stick up. My ex-boyfriend died suddenly over 5 years ago now and I still find myself referring to him in the present tense occasionally.
It's just really bizarre and 'off' to me.

I bet she is glad that the court is ahead of schedule.

This isn't 100% true. Mostly correct but it depends on where the straps are raised on top and how tight everything is buckled up.

I disagree only because the center of the harness where the buckles all meet are in between coopers legs at his crotch. He can't scoot down because that holds him firmly in that spot

Your child being kidnapped by a sexual predator is your biggest fear.

Because it is out of your control.

So why would a parent say their biggest fear was them forgetting that they left their kid in a hot car for 8hrs.

Sounds like bull crap to me.

But it looks really bad for the Criminal Negligence charge imo. If they talked about it a lot, worried it could happen, why no SIMPLE precautions taken?

What might such precautions have been? The photos of Cooper's arrival at daycare served as a source of notification for some months. Perhaps they should have continued the practice. I suppose LAA could have notified parents if a child was expected to be there but wasn't. I think some vehicle manufacturers are considering some type of warning signal when someone remains in a parked car. What else could parents do to insure they don't leave a child in the car?

What might such precautions have been? The photos of Cooper's arrival at daycare served as a source of notification for some months. Perhaps they should have continued the practice. I suppose LAA could have notified parents if a child was expected to be there but wasn't. I think some vehicle manufacturers are considering some type of warning signal when someone remains in a parked car. What else could parents do to insure they don't leave a child in the car?

Put their shoe in the back. Keep a teddy bear in the seat and when you buckle your child in, the bear goes in the front seat. Put your phone in the back seat, briefcase/purse, etc. All of the things that are talked about in news stories. Like stories LH said they have watched.

How about a $5 mirror from Walmart so you can see your baby?!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288