SC - KB, 30, (alive) & Charlie Carver, 32, (dec'd) Anderson, 31 Aug 2016 *Arrest* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing that her family couldn't afford to keep paying her car payment, nor her apartment rent. I can understand why they'd want to help her financially right now, in addition to not having those things, if she doesn't have insurance (no job) she's having to self-pay medical bills, possibly upfront. She needs to be able to access any medical/mental health help she needs, so I'm not going to criticize them for the .

IIRC, about a month ago, it was said the family cleared out the apartment because they couldn't afford to keep up the rent on an empty apartment.

I assume KB will have access to a victim's advocate that can help her navigate everything, including victims assistance monies available from the state. I know they are wonderful with being an intermediary with LE, media, as well as a great neutral person to talk to. I have met several people who swear they wouldn't have been able to make it through the weeks following crimes against them, had it not been for their advocates. I hope she is given those resources.

There's already been so many posts about this case. We're now already on about pg-40 of a #2 thread by now.
I don't know if I'd have the patience to look around to see if anybody knows the answer to this, but I'll try...

What kind of "background check" do people want realtors to have? And why realtors in particular?
I could understand a "Have you ever raped someone at gunpoint?" check.

But to me, "background check" means this:

What is a person capable of doing something evil to do?
If they can't work anywhere, they have a lot of time on their hands to think up (and do) very bad things.

What about people who wouldn't hurt a fly, but happen to be convicted of a victimless crime?
Even though he was only in high school, his crime indeed had a victim. In real life, that makes him worse than somebody that partied too hard in their youth.
But the eyes law don't really differentiate between those things very much.

My issue with it stems from the fact the he's a tier III sex offender who, as a licensed realtor, has easy access to any vacant property currently on the market. I also think most single women probably just assume the unknown realtor they have plans to meet after work, to look at a beautiful house located in the countryside, had to be vetted before he obtained his license and is NOT a violent sex offender. I'm all for ex-cons having access to jobs that don't require incredibly high levels of trust from customers (like in the retail, food, or manual labor industry). However, I will never be OK with a violent sex offender having access to a job that grants him free entry into both vacant properties for sale, as well as occupied rental properties.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I completely forgot she'd have a car payment. I'm not critizing them...just curious if she had a job we didn't know about since it was referenced. I imagine it would be awhile for her to recover to work again.

I'm guessing that her family couldn't afford to keep paying her car payment, nor her apartment rent. I can understand why they'd want to help her financially right now, in addition to not having those things, if she doesn't have insurance (no job) she's having to self-pay medical bills, possibly upfront. She needs to be able to access any medical/mental health help she needs, so I'm not going to criticize them for the .

It could have been repossessed for lack of payment. I know the families had to move their possessions out of the apartment and return the keys. I wonder if SC has a victim's compensation fund for victims of violent crimes? We do here in California.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I know the Ohio victims of Ariel Castro got generous official donations including education provided. Obviously that situation was far more extreme, but I'm still guessing some local organizations will help KB out. The case has gone national.

In other words--donate now if you feel comfortable with , but don't feel guilty if you don't. I think she'll be well taken care of.

Should KB's name be her initials now of KB? I understand her name is all over the news.

I know we don't know what all happened to her nor do we need to know all.
She was kidnapped for a reason with someone with a past of rape.

...maybe a step towards her future and privacy.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Not to derail the thread, but what do you mean "she was located"? AFAIK she is still missing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I am so sorry for my choice of wording. I meant located, as in lived. I didn't realize my choice of words until you mentioned it. I'm sorry!

Victims services should provide at least the first few months of therapy, shouldn't they? I once got into an argument with my husband and was offered a lot of services for survivors of domestic abuse & all we did was yell at each other and slam a door.

I think KB is going to need more than a few months of therapy - and how awful it would be to start with one person, work for a few months, and then have to see someone else? What a terrible thing to have to worry about on top of everything else right now.

My heart breaks for her. She's been through so much already and I can't imagine the enormity of what she's facing.

Oh, I agree. I was just thinking out loud. I mean, I was given the option of all kinds of support groups, bill assistance, groceries, transportation, etc, for a one time, & incredibly minor, incident. No history of crime or violence (not even a parking ticket). I can't imagine that there won't be assistance available for the victim of a crime of this magnitude.

Had bad insomnia last night and was up with this one and the other case you were posting on last night. (Websleuths is the WRONG way to try to cure insomnia.)

Definitely the WRONG way - but I keep on trying!

So when you google his email address, it comes up with a business located in an apartment in Norwood, Cincinnati, OH (a place I'm familiar with... you might recognize the Cincy skyline in my profile picture), and when you click on that listing, it has a home tour site listed (now defunct), which is real estate related, but hasn't been an actual functioning site since early 2003/2004ish according to the wayback machine. The associated phone number has also been reassigned to a different business, so whatever this business was, it's been quite dead for a bit, it seems.

I think someone had the email address before he had it and used it in some random business listing way back in 2003. I just wanted to toss that info out there since we were wondering about it.

I just checked and they seem thankful it's not being mentioned on the news and want privacy. Looks like they are working to improve safety among themselves.
Oh good, I'm glad they are taking steps to improve safety. I hope it stays out of the news. Thank you.

In other news...

Kohlhepp's pipl.com profile tells me one of his other names is "Kohlhett." Interesting. Alias or just a typo?

https://pipl.com/search/?t=YTg4YTQx...in=8&q=todd+kohlhepp&sloc=&l=&avatar=avatar-1

It also came up with a Tagged profile which is no longer available. Tagged appears to be some weird social network.

and the other "additional name" has his middle name as Christophe. I feel like he occasionally tried other names.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I see "Christophe" a lot at my office, our old computer system only allowed 10 letters in the first name field and it always chopped the R off...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unimog