Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
OR...this is their normal path/drive to work. Such as to the concrete place I pointed out on my "area of interest" map. Not accusing anyone, just theorizing.

BTW, I am on the same page with you Steelman. If it looks, acts, and smells like a duck....
Pretty, petite blonde gal in a cute pink jogging suit. Personal items found, no sign of her.
I will be shocked if this is anything other than an abduction, and shocked if she if found too far from where the intersection mentioned. I pray I am wrong.

I feel exactly the same. I really think this doesn't look good at all.

Or, hey if your not coming home for lunch, I will go for a nice run.

I'm still hung up on who dropped the kids off at daycare. Was this ever answered? I feel like this is a key piece of information.

Helicopters and a drone were used.
How much could they see from them?

I suppose quite a bit... unless something/someone was hidden intentionally. Then you'd literally have to be right there to find it.

[...]
BTW, I am on the same page with you Steelman. If it looks, acts, and smells like a duck....
Pretty, petite blonde gal in a cute pink jogging suit. Personal items found, no sign of her.
I will be shocked if this is anything other than an abduction, and shocked if she if found too far from where the intersection mentioned. I pray I am wrong.

It also "looks, acts, and smells" like a suicide. Not saying it is one, but there is nothing so far that rules out suicide.

Phone could have been tossed because she wanted to keep up appearances until the bitter end.

eta: or even simply thrown down in frustration.

I'm still hung up on who dropped the kids off at daycare. Was this ever answered? I feel like this is a key piece of information.

This is huge and nobody's talking about it. I wish we knew.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that people traveling North East or East might also take this road, but it would be for the same reasons listed above.

Nonetheless, that intersection doesn't look like a good place to stage an abduction during lunchtime, which if events had turned out differently her husband would have driven by there at the time. I would think the 11-2 timeframe would be especially busy due all the lunch-related traffic. I do think whatever ended up happening, it didn't originate at that intersection.

Random thoughts:

1. The text Sherri sent. I feel like the occam's razor scenario here is that Sherri was thinking about wrapping KP's gift(s) and didn't want him to roll in for lunch while she was in the middle of the process.

2. If it was a voluntary disappearance, why on earth would someone stage it as an abduction? It seems extremely counterproductive to contrive the situation in a way that would make people look for her harder and across a wider area. Why not stage a suicide (i.e., leave a note)? In that event, if her car was still on the property, LE would be unlikely to look too hard anywhere outside of walking distance, right?

[In fairness though, Sherri probably would not have considered something like that as naturally as people on Websleuths do].

3. KP's use of "low life(s)" reminded me immediately of Fred Murray's "local dirtbag" comments. It's neither here nor there, as we don't know the outcome of Maura's disappearance either way, I just mention it because, similarly, I personally doubt it means much.

This is a really weird one though. I will be SHOCKED if it's a voluntary disappearance, and, based on currently available information, only slightly less shocked if KP had anything to do with it. There is a bit of a Leanne Bearden vibe, that doesn't seem quite right either but suicide is a possibility for sure.

I'm currently at 60% abduction (stranger > stalker > acquaintance/friend), 39% suicide, 1% split roughly evenly between voluntary disappearance and KP involvement.

Nonetheless, that intersection doesn't look like a good place to stage an abduction during lunchtime, which if events had turned out differently her husband would have driven by there at the time. I would think the 11-2 timeframe would be especially busy due all the lunch-related traffic. I do think whatever ended up happening, it didn't originate at that intersection.

Who said the phone was put there at lunch time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of the four registered sex offenders within a mile of her home is along her jogging route. Within a few minutes of her house, actually, if he still lives there.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I read that they did checkout the sex offenders in the area, but what exactly does that mean? Do they search their houses/backyards? Or do they need a warrant for that?

[...]
Why not stage a suicide (i.e., leave a note)?
[...]

People often don't want people to know they committed suicide and will go to great lengths to hide it. I would guess this is especially true for people who are very image conscious.

Why are you asking me? I have no idea when the phone was put there nor who put it there.

Okay, I must have misinterpreted your comment. I thought you were stating that as fact.

I agree that it most likely didn't happen in that intersection, but if her was found anywhere closer to her house there would be more reason to suspect she was still in the neighborhood and not well on her way to somewhere else especially by the time they found her phone. If she is alive and didn't voluntarily leave, I suspect she is being held in one of the houses nearby.

I agree that it most likely didn't happen in that intersection, but if her was found anywhere closer to her house there would be more reason to suspect she was still in the neighborhood and not well on her way to somewhere else especially by the time they found her phone. If she is alive and didn't voluntarily leave, I suspect she is being held in one of the houses nearby.

I also think if she was abducted that she is nearby. The suspect/suspects could've been planning this for a while.

2. Stay super alert. Do not wear earbuds or be on the phone, distracted.

rsbm

Just wanted to add a visual aid. Seeing this changed my opinion on wearing earbuds while I'm out and about.

Watch to 30 seconds:
[video=youtube;sHsdxVlzM1E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHsdxVlzM1E[/video]

I agree with you, and I also think it could be very possible for it to be someone who lives way out in the sticks off Old Oregon Trail who takes that route to get into town. I don't feel she's not in the area anymore unless there are details we aren't being told. There would be no reason for someone traveling down the I-5 corridor to venture off into the area she was jogging. I feel it has to be someone who lives out there.

I realize this won't earn me any popularity points but I always found it odd that her husband said something along the lines of "low-lifes took her". To me that term would describe people who steal maybe, who drive luxury cars and use food stamps etc. Someone who abducts someone is evil (to me). I cut him slack because who knows what would come out of my mouth if God forbid a tragedy like this happened to me. <modsnip>

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think it's interesting because when it comes to women who are abducted, it's usually a sole predator. "Lowlives" implies more than one person and I think that sort of crime (a woman being abducted by multiple men) would horrify the public even more than a woman abducted by one person. I wonder if there is a particular reason Sherri's husband thinks more than one person took Sherri?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa