Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if he hit her with his car to incapacitate her, which is a common MO?

On the other hand, what if she jogged with concealed carry? There was some stuff on her pinterest about CC. That might be where his confidence is coming from, and he doesn't want to say so.

CC would sure make self-harm easy.

I think it's way too hard to jog with a loaded gun - too heavy, even small ones - and it also wouldn't help protect someone. They typically ambush from behind or the side. No time to pull out, load, aim and fire a weapon.

I don't see her committing suicide so soon after part wrapping a parcel.
Unless she was rapid cycling bipolar, if she was that close to suicide I can't imagine her caring about wrapping a parcel

(Deleted my previous response to this, as it was maybe a little too blunt.)

I'll just keep it short:

10% of suicides have no warning signs. The long list of warning signs simply does not apply in 10% of cases.

Suicides happen 3 times more often than homicides.

There is nothing we know, so far, that allows us to determine whether this was voluntary or not.

Police just said that they are still trying to make that determination.

And if she owned a gun she's at an even higher risk to commit suicide.

She did own one, right? Do we know where it is/was?

Around 4000 people per year, in the United States, with no visible "depression, hopelessness," commit suicide. It wouldn't mean they were abducted if they threw down their phone before doing so.

Ace, you seem to think suicide is a strong possibility. I don't at all, and follow Gitana's line of thinking. I'm trying to figure out why you are quite adamant about your theory. Please elaborate as I am interested. I don't see it, but open minded.

I don't think she was taken in the place her phone was found. I think the person who took her either placed it there or tossed it there when driving off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If so, then that makes this a "rule-of-three" case, sadly...

FYI, The rule-of-three goes like this:

1) The victim is abducted from one location.
2) Personal belonging the victim had with them at the time of the abduction (other evidence too) are then left a second location somewhat removed from where the abduction took place.
3) Finally, the victim found at third location

The abduction/murder for Holly Bobo, Hannah Graham, and Mickey Shunick, all R3's (Rule-of-Three), and most likey poor Sierra Lamara is as well.

Around 4000 people per year, in the United States, with no visible "depression, hopelessness," commit suicide. It wouldn't mean they were abducted if they threw down their phone before doing so.

That's true, but not very likely. Also, while some people commit suicide with no visible warning signs before, they often have a sudden change in their lives. I think it is a viable theory, along with voluntary disappearance. It's rational to wonder if that could've been the case, of course. And I think it is clear LE are looking into every angle. I just don;t think, based on the scenario, it is as likely here as an abduction. Women disappear like this while jogging or walking in broad daylight, unfortunately. Far fewer women, especially with small kids, take off jogging though and off themselves in their jogging suit, with no signs before of anything amiss or any change in their lives. I'm not sure I know of one mother who killed herself under such circumstances (those being devoted mother, jogging, no warning signs, or risk factors, leaving belongings on the evidence on the road, combined).

I don't see her committing suicide so soon after part wrapping a parcel.
Unless she was rapid cycling bipolar, if she was that close to suicide I can't imagine her caring about wrapping a parcel

What if wrapping the package was part of her staging an abduction?

Ace, you seem to think suicide is a strong possibility. I don't at all, and follow Gitana's line of thinking. I'm trying to figure out why you are quite adamant about your theory. Please elaborate as I am interested. I don't see it, but open minded.
I really don't think it's suicide. Suicidal people don't vanish into thin air after death. They usually don't care enough about their reputations to try to hide their actions either.

True, but in the meantime that possibility must be pushed to back of mind because if it was an abduction then they've got to hunt!

Also, the fact that she runs alone and is so exceptionally attractive would make her higher risk for abduction. She's tiny, certainly doesn't look like mother of two, so could appeal to child molester men as well. There's a reason there is a magazine called "barely legal", as gross as that is, but the fact is she would appeal to men

Was if the partially wrapped package means she was going to add more to it?

Right, but we aren't sure those earbuds were in her ears. They could've been around her neck. We don't even know if she was taken where the phone was found. The police dogs didn't pick up her scent. I agree that if she had those earbuds in when she was snatched it hindered her awareness of what was going on around her. It's possible she was stopped by one or more people and they appeared to just want to chat. Until it turned ugly. Just thinking of all the possibilities. There are many.

The Cheryl Deboer case really changed my view on who commits suicide. She was parking her car to join her carpool to work and decided to walk a few miles and end her life. No warning signs and no life changes and really so sad.

I think it is a possibility with Sherri, too. When there is information suggesting suicide, this is rarely released until after a body is found. I think its for a couple of reasons - they don't want to publicly shame the person if they have not committed suicide and the public will lose interest in assisting.

We have heard there were no mental health issues but we would hear that either way. If there is evidence of depression, it would explain the cancellation of the searches and the vague and incomplete picture (bordering on suspicious) of what had been going on. Also, LE said there had been no "major" calls to the house. This was probably discussed in detail and I missed it but what does that mean?

It could be an abduction, though. I don't think she has voluntarily walked away and I never thought the husband was involved. I fear it's going to end sadly.

Sheriff's Log 11/01 (happened on 10/31) pg 14
I have no idea which sheriff or what you mean. Did 3 masked men attack Sherri on 10/31? Please explain.

I have no idea which sheriff or what you mean. Did 3 masked men attack Sherri on 10/31? Please explain.

I don't remember exactly but I believe three masked men attacked a man when he opened his garage door in the morning. They took off fairly quickly. Somewhere in Redding. It was speculated that they may have been hoping to ambush a woman.

The Cheryl Deboer case really changed my view on who commits suicide. She was parking her car to join her carpool to work and decided to walk a few miles and end her life. No warning signs and no life changes and really so sad.

I think it is a possibility with Sherri, too. When there is information suggesting suicide, this is rarely released until after a body is found. I think its for a couple of reasons - they don't want to publicly shame the person if they have not committed suicide and the public will lose interest in assisting.

We have heard there were no mental health issues but we would hear that either way. If there is evidence of depression, it would explain the cancellation of the searches and the vague and incomplete picture (bordering on suspicious) of what had been going on. Also, LE said there had been no "major" calls to the house. This was probably discussed in detail and I missed it but what does that mean?

It could be an abduction, though. I don't think she has voluntarily walked away and I never thought the husband was involved. I fear it's going to end sadly.

I am very curious what incidents there have been, like whether they've been for family issues or reporting trespassers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck